• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Allow us to opt out of right side list/menu like on original boards

Question

12 answers to this question

• Administrator

I ditched the right hand column in the posts view.

I left it on the thread list.

Some people were asking for it, and I think we are going to keep it because of the promotion of the marketplace. BUT, I agree, it didn't really belong on the page with the posts.

23 minutes ago, mysterio1 said:

I was one who opted out of that right side list of threads. It squeezes the threads too much. If people like it they should be able to keep it, but we should be able to opt out like on the old boards.

x1000!!!! 

Gotta get rid of that.  So much clutter that just wastes space.  

11 hours ago, Architecht said:

Some people were asking for it, and I think we are going to keep it because of the promotion of the marketplace. BUT, I agree, it didn't really belong on the page with the posts.

(thumbsu

On 2/10/2017 at 4:21 PM, Architecht said:

A good compromise but why not a user setting (like the old boards) that allows those of us who don't want it at all, to get rid of it? Does this software not support that functionality?

On 13/02/2017 at 6:24 AM, Jerkfro said:

A good compromise but why not a user setting (like the old boards) that allows those of us who don't want it at all, to get rid of it? Does this software not support that functionality?

This would really be ideal. The marketplace has no shortage of traffic and I'd venture to say at least half the forum would prefer the option to turn it off. I often have more than one forum open so that list is redundant. My opinion if no capability to turn it off would be to get rid of it. It detracts from the whole experience for anyone who knows their way around.

• Administrator
On 2/13/2017 at 6:24 AM, Jerkfro said:

Nope

• Administrator
On 2/10/2017 at 0:32 PM, chrisco37 said:

x1000!!!! 

Gotta get rid of that.  So much clutter that just wastes space.  

On the other hand, that right hand column is what allowed me to remove a bunch of posts from being stickied at the top of comics general... which is nice.

16 hours ago, Architecht said:

On the other hand, that right hand column is what allowed me to remove a bunch of posts from being stickied at the top of comics general... which is nice.

Yeah, that certainly is appreciated.