• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can we get the "all" button back to see all the posts in a thread?

Question

10 answers to this question

Arch commented somewhere that being able to load all pages of a thread, via the old boards "all" option, caused performance issues when thread had lots of pages. I highly doubt that functionality will ever be enabled on this board. Not sure if this board software even supports that functionality.

I'm with you guys. I liked the "all" option. It came in real handy when saving an entire thread. 

At a minimum,  it would be good to be able  to  reset  the number of posts  to  a page.   Old boards had a  max of 99  available,  I used it for everything.  Ten posts  to a page was just durned silly,   I want  as much  acreage  as I can get per page,   especially  as  the new format  seems  to use  considerably  more space than necessary  per post.

I would like to see it as well.  My use of the boards has been on the decline because I am having a hard time trying to get to the point in the thread where there are new posts.  I heard you can hover over a thread and then the option comes up to see new posts but this is tedious as I wait for things to load in.  At the minimum, selecting an 'all' button would allow me to simply scroll down to where I left off in the thread. 

2 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I would like to see it as well.  My use of the boards has been on the decline because I am having a hard time trying to get to the point in the thread where there are new posts.  I heard you can hover over a thread and then the option comes up to see new posts but this is tedious as I wait for things to load in.  At the minimum, selecting an 'all' button would allow me to simply scroll down to where I left off in the thread. 

You heard wrong. To go directly to the first unread post, simply click on the circle/star (depending on whether or not you've posted in the thread) to the left of the thread title.

• Administrator

I get why this would be handy sometimes, but it's also a problem if people click on super huge posts. This one is unlikely to come back. If I stumble across a plugin that might help get to the intent of this without actually loading every post in a huge thread, I'll see if it makes sense to install.

Okay, I will open up my other reason why I want the 'all' button brought back. 

When shopping in the marketplace I like to hit the 'all' button.  That enables the entire thread to open allowing me to see what is still available in one shot instead of clicking page after page to see each offering and if someone has taken it.  When I am trying to pick something up, hitting 'all' has allowed me go through the entire thread at once.

Without the 'all' button I have not really been shopping around the marketplace.  Good for my wallet, bad for the sellers.