• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can we FINALLY get separate DC and Marvel sub-forums in each of the sales forums?
1 1

Question

Would it be possible to separate DC and Marvel books in each of the sales sub-forums?  I don't want to get into a :slapfight:but it would save those of us who have no interest in one of the publishers (cough...Marvel...cough) from scrolling through dozens of sales threads to find books that we want.  All of the DC books listed for sale would have a home of their own in each sub-forum and so would the Marvels.  There could be an additional miscellaneous option for the other publishers.  Just a thought :foryou:

12 answers to this question

@TheDarkestKnight :foryou:  It's not like either company has the plague;)  I'm sure there are mixed sales in GSB, I might have done one or two myself.

What about Timely and Fox and Harvey and ARCHIE;)

Edited by skypinkblu

This request is just from me being selfish more than anything.  I get irritated having to scroll through 10 pages of Fantastic Four, X-Men, and ASM books because somebody included 'Batman' in the title of their sales thread.  Again, no offense to anyone who collects any of those titles :hi: As far as the Archies, Dells, Gold Keys, and other books of the world, they could have a separate 'other/miscellaneous' listing option. 

22 hours ago, TheDarkestKnight said:

This request is just from me being selfish more than anything.  I get irritated having to scroll through 10 pages of Fantastic Four, X-Men, and ASM books because somebody included 'Batman' in the title of their sales thread.  Again, no offense to anyone who collects any of those titles :hi: As far as the Archies, Dells, Gold Keys, and other books of the world, they could have a separate 'other/miscellaneous' listing option. 

As a seller, if I wan't to sell Marvel, DCs, Dells, and Harveys, I'd have to start three different sales threads? Yeah, no. Way too time consuming.

Edited by Jerkfro

@TheDarkestKnight

OK, a DC fan...:foryou: me too, but I've learned to embrace the dark side;)  at least a little bit;) 

hm (I can't find the light bulb smiley;) but maybe that is where those key word thingys would help:) I'm trying to figure those out...the Tags:)

Edited by skypinkblu
added

16 hours ago, Jerkfro said:

As a seller, if I wan't to sell Marvel, DCs, Dells, and Harveys, I'd have to start three different sales threads? Yeah, no. Way too time consuming.

Too time consuming for who?  Your customers or you?  :jokealert:  For some perspective, imagine walking into a shop and seeing every different publisher and title jumbled together into the same long boxes.  Yeah, no.  Not an identical scenario here but close enough to illustrate my point.  Shop owners take the time to organize their books for the sake of their customers (as well as to help themselves with inventory tracking); why can't we give sellers on the boards the option to do the same?  As a customer, I think it would go over well (and no better time than now when we're all still in the process of figuring out the new boards' idiosyncrasies).  Again, it was just a suggestion.  No harm, no foul (shrug)

1 hour ago, TheDarkestKnight said:

Shop owners take the time to organize their books for the sake of their customers (as well as to help themselves with inventory tracking); why can't we give sellers on the boards the option to do the same?

They already have multiple options. I don't know of any stores that have separate rooms for different publishers, which is the actual closest equivalent to what you're asking.

On 2017-02-12 at 7:34 AM, TheDarkestKnight said:

This request is just from me being selfish more than anything.

Well, I'm glad you understand that. :P

Realistically, the marketplace forums are already too fragmented and I doubt anybody with the power to do so is in any hurry to change that for the worse. Especially right now with so much work to do because of the software change.

6 hours ago, TheDarkestKnight said:

Too time consuming for who?  Your customers or you?  :jokealert:  For some perspective, imagine walking into a shop and seeing every different publisher and title jumbled together into the same long boxes.  Yeah, no.  Not an identical scenario here but close enough to illustrate my point.  Shop owners take the time to organize their books for the sake of their customers (as well as to help themselves with inventory tracking); why can't we give sellers on the boards the option to do the same?  As a customer, I think it would go over well (and no better time than now when we're all still in the process of figuring out the new boards' idiosyncrasies).  Again, it was just a suggestion.  No harm, no foul (shrug)

I have seen shops that put different publishers in the same box. (shrug) In fact, how many comic shops have the room to have separate areas for DC boxes and separate areas for Marvel boxes. Most of the shops I visit aren't that big to be able to have that luxury.

Also, as a customer I don't want to have to visit two or more sales threads to find what I want. Nothing wrong with asking your question. I just think it's extremely unrealistic and will get almost no traction.

I've seen plenty of sellers have Marvel only, or DC only sales threads... 

So it's not like sellers dont do just what you are hoping for anyway, and the ones that done... well no one is forcing you to scan thru the sales thread (wait is someone forcing you to scan thru the sales thread? Just post a smiley w/flower if yes, and smiley poke if no)

5 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

I've seen plenty of sellers have Marvel only, or DC only sales threads... 

A seller choosing to do that is one thing. Mandating that everyone do it in designated Marvel only, or DC only sales forums is something else entirely

I've been selling comics for 25 years and find that more people collect both publishers (although not in equal quantity) as do one or the other.  I'm sure they would rather go to one sales thread to look for silver than two.  Certainly when they have come to me at a show with their want list, it is not broken down by publisher, it is alphabetical.  Also, when I put up a sales thread on here and am going through my boxes (which are alphabetical) I don't want to have to flip back and forth between 2 sales threads, along with having to pay attention to which pictures are going to which thread.  I'm already doing that for the G/S/B thread and the modern. I have close to 100K comics and it's a big production already to put up a sales thread as it is, nevermind trying to re-sort as I go. Trying to split again means I might have to put up 6 different sales threads in G/S/B, modern and misc. No thanks.

Edited by comicnut

21 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

They already have multiple options. I don't know of any stores that have separate rooms for different publishers, which is the actual closest equivalent to what you're asking.

Well, I'm glad you understand that. :nyah:

Realistically, the marketplace forums are already too fragmented and I doubt anybody with the power to do so is in any hurry to change that for the worse. Especially right now with so much work to do because of the software change.

I guess my LCS has spoiled me:x.  You all make very valid arguments, so I can see from the sellers' side how it could be quite a hassle to separate books in that fashion.  I've only sold books on occasion, so I will defer to the experts in this case.  

I'm sure you can gather from my username the titles that I collect.  My older son is a Hulk fan, so I had no choice but to disinherit him:baiting:, but my younger son is a Bats fan like his dad.  Some would say my collection is limited in scope, but I prefer the term 'focused':insane:.  I may eventually broaden my horizons (i.e., when a certain place freezes over), but I'm glad to have a place like this in the meanwhile to give me some perspective and provide sound advice on collecting (and put me in my place when necessary).  Thanks guys and gals. 

1 1