• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's been 60 YEARS!..show us your books from 1957!
1 1

155 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, frozentundraguy said:

Thanks Steve. In addition to being a cover I really like, the book hints at the possibilities of the Batman #121 cover, albeit W/O Mr. Freeze.

Certainly does now that you mention it.  Is this a recent pickup.  I don't remember seeing the book while visiting the Great State of Minnesota but then again it's been awhile.  Also, I'm back on the boards.  Hooray.  You have a great eye for 10-cent DCs.  Try to find some more of those World's Finest Comics--one of my favorite DC titles.  

On 2/19/2017 at 10:54 AM, tricolorbrian said:

Some of my February 1957 books...

21522657716_e65f651199_c.jpg

21784199371_2e7edbfc99_c.jpg

16387745310_34c1daff08_c.jpg

I just love your DC 10-centers--especially that Action Comics 227.  Very hard to find in that grade.  1957 is a tough year as most are long gone by now.  I believe I have a copy that I bought back in the 1980s at San Diego Comic Con.  I will have to find it and reread the stories.  You have a great eye for books.  Keep those DC books coming!!

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 1:28 PM, tricolorbrian said:

This is getting to be a tough book to find...

You ain't kiddin. I'm glad I picked up a copy about 2 years ago. What a crazy cover. :insane::bigsmile:

On 2/23/2017 at 11:13 PM, Stevenrams said:

I just love your DC 10-centers--especially that Action Comics 227.  Very hard to find in that grade.  1957 is a tough year as most are long gone by now.  I believe I have a copy that I bought back in the 1980s at San Diego Comic Con.  I will have to find it and reread the stories.  You have a great eye for books.  Keep those DC books coming!!

Action 227 is tough to find in VG?  I didn't know that...I got that book in the late 60s from some bookstore...