• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TIPS for navigating the boards quickly
7 7

90 posts in this topic

On 10/13/2017 at 9:46 AM, Scott =) said:

We released an upgrade for the boards this morning which was supposed to resolve this issue with searching subforums. Unfortunately, I'm still seeing the issue :sorry:

I've followed up with the boards vendor to let them know that this still isn't working, and hopefully they'll provide a real resolution soon. Thank you for bringing this up.

Interestingly, upgrading the NGC/PMG chat boards to the latest version did successfully resolve this issue. Not sure why the CGC boards would be different... hm

Thank you for staying on top of this. It was a decent feature going into the launch of the new boards. As Arch pointed out, the more activity here the more it degraded.

I am noticing with the search feature it is now finally allowing for the Movie-TV-Video Games sub-forum. So that patch (or any follow-up) may have worked.

But I also noticed Mr. Marwood's error coming up still. When I attempted to look up 'X-Force' as a thread title, it came up with 0 threads. When I reduced that down to 'Force' and tried, X-Force Movie Thread was at the top of the page.

Can someone tell me the syntax to link to a specific post?  I know I can just copy the address line of my browser to link to a page of a thread, but what I'd like to do is link directly to a post.  Thanks.

• Administrator
On 10/28/2017 at 11:04 PM, n2wdw said:

Can someone tell me the syntax to link to a specific post?  I know I can just copy the address line of my browser to link to a page of a thread, but what I'd like to do is link directly to a post.  Thanks.

There are two things that you can right-click to copy the URL for a specific post:

1. "posted yesterday at XX:XXpm" at the top of every post
  2. The "Share this post" icon at the top right of every post (looks like a < with 3 dots)

• Administrator
On 1/24/2018 at 8:22 PM, Jayman said:

When reading PMs, is there a way to have the latest response be at the top? Or must I always scroll down to the bottom of the conversation. TIA!

Looks like you are looking for the second bullet in my original post.

GOING TO UNREAD REPLIES IN A PRIVATE MESSAGE
Click the black dot from the pop-up you get from the envelope at the top.

NOTE: This currently does NOT work from the full InBox page. We have filed a feature request to fix this.

For the technically minded among you, you CAN just paste this: ?latest=1  onto the end of the URL for a private message and it jumps you there, but that's a pretty difficult way to handle it. Better to just use the black dot from the envelope view.

44 minutes ago, Architecht said:
On 1/24/2018 at 9:22 PM, Jayman said:

When reading PMs, is there a way to have the latest response be at the top? Or must I always scroll down to the bottom of the conversation. TIA!

Looks like you are looking for the second bullet in my original post.

GOING TO UNREAD REPLIES IN A PRIVATE MESSAGE
Click the black dot from the pop-up you get from the envelope at the top.

NOTE: This currently does NOT work from the full InBox page. We have filed a feature request to fix this.

For the technically minded among you, you CAN just paste this: ?latest=1  onto the end of the URL for a private message and it jumps you there, but that's a pretty difficult way to handle it. Better to just use the black dot from the envelope view.

Arch thanks for the reply but when I tap the black dot it always brings me to the beginning of the PM message. Even if the messages extend to a next page, the black dot always brings me to the first posted PM in the conversation. I'm using an iPhone.

• Administrator
On 1/31/2018 at 10:11 AM, Jayman said:

Arch thanks for the reply but when I tap the black dot it always brings me to the beginning of the PM message. Even if the messages extend to a next page, the black dot always brings me to the first posted PM in the conversation. I'm using an iPhone.

You are correct sir. I just tried it myself and that no longer works. We filed a ticket with the boards maker to tell them jumping to a new PM works in the pop up, but not on the all messages screen... they apparently resolved that inconsistency by removing the function from the pop up....

:frustrated::pullhair:doh!:taptaptap:

@Scott =)

10 minutes ago, Architecht said:

You are correct sir. I just tried it myself and that no longer works. We filed a ticket with the boards maker to tell them jumping to a new PM works in the pop up, but not on the all messages screen... they apparently resolved that inconsistency by removing the function from the pop up....

:frustrated::pullhair:doh!:taptaptap:

@Scott =)

Thanks! (thumbsu

• Administrator

Sorry for the delay - I missed this notification about the black circle in PMs not working somehow.

I've followed up with the boards vendor about it. Hopefully they can implement or suggest a solution soon.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks,

Scott

• Administrator

Update: That issue will be fixed in version 4.3.

They haven't provided an exact release date for that version, but they've been talking about it since the beginning of the year... so it should be soon!

Thanks,

Scott

Ok, this is prolly been brought up already, but I find it really a pain in the kerserkee to hunt for the "submit reply" button . . . (breaks my rapid fire response up). What can't it just be in the action line with all of the other actions, or float just below your entry???

On 2/22/2018 at 7:41 AM, divad said:

Ok, this is prolly been brought up already, but I find it really a pain in the kerserkee to hunt for the "submit reply" button . . . (breaks my rapid fire response up). What can't it just be in the action line with all of the other actions, or float just below your entry???

Still have not done anything about this. And why can't I just spell out emojis anymore???

On 7/9/2018 at 12:10 AM, Webhead2018 said:

How to bookmark a single thread?

You can follow a thread. Go to the top and click on the follow thingy and then another screen will pop up and you can choose your follow preferences. (see screenshots below)

follow.jpg

follow pref.jpg