• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE SUICIDE SQUAD directed by James Gunn (2021)
3 3

803 posts in this topic

There is a slew of updates James Gunn has shared with regard to The Suicide Squad. The filmmaker hosted an "Ask Me Anything" amid the Coronavirus induced lockdown to spill the beans on his upcoming DC Extended Universe movie. For the unversed, The Suicide Squad features a stellar star cast. This includes Margot Robbie, Viola Davis, Joel Kinnaman and Jai Courtney reprising their roles from the 2016 release with Taika Waititi, Peter Capaldi, Idris Elba, John Cena, Storm Reid, Pete Davidson, David Dastmalchian and Daniela Melchior joining them. 

suicide_squad_1.jpg?itok=DMuXEBYP

8da31ad2-862b-4df1-aa19-ac79e907ceed.jpg

78f6652f-741f-40fb-b731-c576b41495f2.jpg

e68f8825-0039-4a86-8574-e91780506d31.jpg

e193113d-5a18-44fa-a69f-ae7dd888e506.jpg

The OG Suicide Squad run by John Ostrander is probably my favorite DC run of all time. So I was bummed with the first film. You could easily see that studio execs had cut up Ayer's original film and the result was a disjointed mess. But my hopes and dreams were rekindled when James Gunn took over the 2nd film. I'm a huge fan of his work. I think everyone should have to watch "Slither" at least once. To hear that he's completing this film with zero studio interference gets my hopes up :wishluck:

So...who the hell is Nathan Fillion playing?

From the rumors I've seen online, "TDK" is an original character and could stand for "The Detachable Kid" because apparently his arms (if not other limbs) come off.

Any better intel?

Any chance he's a known Suicide Squad or DC character in disguise?

54 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

So...who the hell is Nathan Fillion playing?

From the rumors I've seen online, "TDK" is an original character and could stand for "The Detachable Kid" because apparently his arms (if not other limbs) come off.

Any better intel?

Any chance he's a known Suicide Squad or DC character in disguise?

Wouldn't that make him Arm Fall Off Boy?