• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE SUICIDE SQUAD directed by James Gunn (2021)
3 3

803 posts in this topic

Polka Dot Man could also make for an interesting prequel. But I don't think I'm interested in seeing them. Regardless of the character. I wasn't left wanting by the film. 

It’s been nearly six years since Will Smith suited up as Deadshot in Warner Bros.’ “Suicide Squad.” Although the star hasn’t returned to DC films since, he supports the idea that a director’s cut of David Ayer’s supervillain team-up movie should be released to the public.

“Let me tell you, there’s a whole lot that stayed on the floor for ‘Suicide Squad,” Will Smith told Variety’s Marc Malkin on the red carpet for “Bel-Air.” “I’m into it. I love that world. I love what was created in both versions. I absolutely would love to [see it].”

After “Suicide Squad” received widely negative reviews from fans and critics, many have since speculated on the possibility of a different version of the film being released. Since 2016, Ayer has been vocal about how his original vision of the film differed from the final cut.