• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Messages and Notifications

Question

Hi Arch.

If I have multiple messages, let's say 2, I get 2 indicated on the 'Messages' and the 'Notifications' icons.  

If I read one of my messages but not the other the 'Messages' icon indicates no messages to read

and the 'Notifications' still indicates 2.  Wouldn't it be better to indicate 1 for each since there's still 1 unread message?

Even better, could the 'Messages' icon indicate messages and the'Notification' icon indicate everything else?

Seems redundant to indicate messages on both icons.

2 answers to this question

• Administrator
On 2/15/2017 at 8:05 PM, thehumantorch said:

Hi Arch.

If I have multiple messages, let's say 2, I get 2 indicated on the 'Messages' and the 'Notifications' icons.  

If I read one of my messages but not the other the 'Messages' icon indicates no messages to read

and the 'Notifications' still indicates 2.  Wouldn't it be better to indicate 1 for each since there's still 1 unread message?

Even better, could the 'Messages' icon indicate messages and the'Notification' icon indicate everything else?

Seems redundant to indicate messages on both icons.

I think if you turn off these notifications, you will still get something over your inbox icon, but not on notifications:

2017-03-06 18_24_05-Notification Settings - Chat Boards.png