• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Get rid of the "Like" button.
1 1

Question

134 answers to this question

7 hours ago, Jerkfro said:

I agree. Get rid of the like button. Superfluous nonsense. It adds nothing of substance to the boards

6 hours ago, JAM_NYC said:

Where's the dislike button?

6 hours ago, bababooey said:

down.gif

I sure hope none of you ever made a "+1" post. Should I go go through your post history and check? :baiting:

At the moment, I'm neutral on the "like" button.

1 hour ago, Lazyboy said:

I sure hope none of you ever made a "+1" post. Should I go go through your post history and check? :baiting:

At the moment, I'm neutral on the "like" button.

+1 is a quick and easy way to put my 2c in and say "I agree with this". 

I havent tested it out, but I don't see names attached to the likes. Seems rather pointless to me. I have no problem with it, though. But I WOULD like a dislike button to balance things out. Otherwise, every thread becomes a knob slobbing fest. 

Please like my comment. B|

I just don't like it because it adds just even MORE stuff and text to an already busy design. 

Now you have the post, Like This, Quote, Sig Lines. 

If they keep it, there should be an option to turn it off if you don't want to see it. 2c

38 minutes ago, HarveySwick said:

I just don't like it because it adds just even MORE stuff and text to an already busy design. 

Now you have the post, Like This, Quote, Sig Lines. 

If they keep it, there should be an option to turn it off if you don't want to see it. 2c

That sounds fair (thumbsu  Maybe add an option to hide it in the same settings area where you can turn sigs on/off?

Jerome

7 hours ago, jump_ace said:

Don't like it, don't use it? (shrug)  How many posts don't add substance around here...just sayin'

Jerome

Maybe we should be looking to add substance to the boards, not Facebook-like nonsense. (shrug) 

Oh boy, look at me, I liked a post. That really brings my day and life into focus. 

Edited by Jerkfro

On 2017-02-16 at 8:20 AM, Jerkfro said:

I agree. Get rid of the like button. Superfluous nonsense. It adds nothing of substance to the boards

It's really meaningless.

And it's visually the most prominent thing in the entire quote box area.

This is like an attempt at Facebook junior, which really isn't a good thing.

The Like button notifies your Facebook friends of a post. In this format does it do anything?

I can see CGC keeping it if they are looking to monetize it somehow. Not sure how they'd do that at this point though.

1 1