• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Magazine Supples

18 posts in this topic

Trying to get all these things from one seller. I need a a few magazine short boxes, one CGC magazine box, magazine resealable bags and boards. Any suggestions? I know I can find this stuff seperately, but trying to do it in one shot. 

5 minutes ago, wombat said:

Trying to get all these things from one seller. I need a a few magazine short boxes, one CGC magazine box, magazine resealable bags and boards. Any suggestions? I know I can find this stuff seperately, but trying to do it in one shot. 

Magazine top loaders too.

Be sure to get the bigger magazine top loader, I have both sizes and the smaller ones (8 1/2 interior) are a pain because sometimes the backing boards are too big, try to find some slightly larger, ultra pro makes some that are 9-1/8" interior. (Ultra-PRO® Stock Number: 81192)

Not saying you can't use the 8 1/2" just that you have to buy bags and boards that all match that size, even then they are a little snug. (I have about a dozen of them, and I don't use them very often)

Just my experience, you might be fine with the smaller ones (shrug)

Also, resealable bags are bad juju, I used them for a while until a flap snagged a book and made nice little white spots. (and it was not a white book)

Once again, just my experience, YMMV

Edited by Makmorn

30 minutes ago, Makmorn said:

Also, resealable bags are bad juju, I used them for a while until a flap snagged a book and made nice little white spots. (and it was not a white book)

I second this opinion. It's like having a permanent piece of tape on the bag just waiting to do damage! I don't use tape at all as I just tuck the flap in but I'd still avoid these types of bags.

2 minutes ago, wombat said:

I avoid tape like the plague. I've never had a snag on resealable bags for both comics and magazines. :wishluck:

Lucky you, wish I could say the same...:pullhair:

Check the shirt, near the collar.

Creepy19.jpg

Edited by Makmorn

2 hours ago, Makmorn said:

2 hours ago, wombat said:

I avoid tape like the plague. I've never had a snag on resealable bags for both comics and magazines. :wishluck:

Lucky you, wish I could say the same...:pullhair:

Check the shirt, near the collar.

Creepy19.jpg

Edited 2 hours ago by Makmorn

I feel your pain! I never use the resealable bags but have gotten books I've purchased in them. One of these I opened to inspect and not having a regular bag handy, I slipped it back into the resealable. I had the flap pinned back with my finger and with a split second fumble the flap got free and slapped down right across the back cover! There's a reason CGC cuts them open!

On 2/19/2017 at 10:23 AM, wombat said:

Bags Unlimited has all of the above. Their products are great quality and their customer service is very helpful.

On 2/20/2017 at 5:30 AM, Jayman said:

I second this opinion. It's like having a permanent piece of tape on the bag just waiting to do damage! I don't use tape at all as I just tuck the flap in but I'd still avoid these types of bags.

That's exactly what I do. No tape near my bags. Just tuck the flaps in! 

I heard someone else on here make a suggestion that they use color coded post-it notes instead of tape. I might try that idea and see how that works out. 

4 hours ago, VegasJeff said:

That's exactly what I do. No tape near my bags. Just tuck the flaps in! 

I heard someone else on here make a suggestion that they use color coded post-it notes instead of tape. I might try that idea and see how that works out. 

I've been using those post-its for years and never had a problem.  Even had them catch on a book once and they don't leave adhesive or take material off of the comics.  Highly recommend!