• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dan Dwyer Nomination

18 posts in this topic

I want to nominate Dan Dwyer to the Probation List. He "bought" my Tec 46, had "issues" with Paypal, stopped responding to emails and PMs both from me and Adam (filter81) yet in the meantime managed to purchase another book off the boards. When he finally PM'd me back, apologized for no longer having funds for initial purchase.

Edited by Architecht
Title update

1 hour ago, Gotham Kid said:

I want to nominate Dan Dwyer to the Probation List. He "bought" my Tec 46, had "issues" with Paypal, stopped responding to emails and PMs both from me and Adam (filter81) yet in the meantime managed to purchase another book off the boards. When he finally PM'd me back, apologized for no longer having funds for initial purchase.

Peter, did you send him a separate PM telling him you were nominating him to the Probation List?

7 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Peter, did you send him a separate PM telling him you were nominating him to the Probation List?

I told him I'd do so via PM (and even in the kudos thread he started ) but that I would rather it wouldn't come to that.

He has a total of 2 posts so frankly I don't think he'll give a damn.

Edited by Gotham Kid

Just now, Gotham Kid said:

I told him I'd do so via PM (and even in the kudos thread he started )

He has a total of 2 posts so frankly I don't think he'll give a damn.

I guess there's also the issue now of whether he correctly navigated the changeover to the new boards. 

I asked Harvey Swick (Justin) for advice ( I was ready to just re-list the book ) and his recommendation was to go thru with the PL nomination.

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 2/8/2017 at 2:47 PM, Gotham Kid said:

I asked Harvey Swick (Justin) for advice ( I was ready to just re-list the book ) and his recommendation was to go thru with the PL nomination.

Harvey just said that because he loves updating the list :eyeroll: :baiting:

Edited by jaybuck43

23 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

So what do I need to provide ? PMs, emails, etc ?

Initially no, just outline briefly the most vital information about the deal, when and what did he agree to do and what reasons if any did he give for not following through with the transaction. PM or email reveals are really only necessary if he should return to contest your nomination. If it than becomes necessary have the information ready. The purpose of the PM notification and the 72 hr waiting period is to give the person a chance to come forward and either explain themselves or complete the transaction. If they do neither they go on the list.

Edited by crassus
clarity

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 0:57 PM, Gotham Kid said:

I see you have already done so in part, just add dates to this. Has it been 30 days since he first agreed to buy your book?

20 minutes ago, crassus said:

I see you have already done so in part, just add dates to this. Has it been 30 days since he first agreed to buy your book?

Yes, he committed to a purchase Jan 10.

tec 46.JPG

Edited by Gotham Kid

39 minutes ago, crassus said:

Did you both eventually settle on an agreed form of payment?

Paypal was agreed upon. He told me ( and Adam ) by email he was getting a PayPal "error". We responded with offers of help and also Adam suggested other alternatives of payment. No response to several subsequent emails.

Capture.JPG

Edited by Gotham Kid

Ok looks to me like its all there for the PL, there was a deal and there is a timeline. There may indeed be some consideration given to the temporary disruption of the Board's changeover but that imo should not be a major issue, even so, if he comes in late to fix things up to your satisfaction, he can always be removed from the list. The paypal issue looks a bit like the "cat ate my homework" excuse to get out of an obligation. 2c