• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RALEIGH SUPERCON - JULY 14-16, 2017 - RALEIGH CONVENTION CENTER

12 posts in this topic

RALEIGH SUPERCON
www.raleighsupercon.com
July 14-16, 2017
Raleigh Convention Center
500 S Salisbury St, Raleigh, NC 27601

Guest list in progress... Here's who we have so far

ARTISTS / WRITERS
Neal Adams
John Beatty
Allen Bellman
Jose Delbo
Tom Fowler
Georges Jeanty
Michael Kingston
Khary Rhandolph
Jim Shooter
Mike Zeck
with more to come

TV & MOVIE GUESTS
Karen Gillan
Manu Bennett
Gaten Matarazzo
Caleb McLaughlin
Jason David Frank
Jason Mewes
Brian O'Halloran
Joey Lauren Adams
John Wesley Shipp
Tony Todd
Tate Steinsiek  
with more to come

WRESTLING STARS
Ric Flair
Amy “Lita” Dumas
 Jerry “The King” Lawler
Shane "Hurricane" Helms

ANIMATION & ANIME GUESTS
Zach Callison
Paige O'Hara
Dana Snyder
Richard Horvitz
Charles Martinet
Brittney Karbowski
Jamie Marchi
Amanda C. Miller
Austin Tindle
with more to come

Yeah the mile long line is for people who ordered tickets online. I could probably walk right up to the ticket booth now and get in. 

Facebook is saying they have closed online sales and the line should die down by 3. Meanwhile I'm going to chill in the hotel for awhile and try later. 

This ended up being a really fun con.  There were line issues on Saturday, but that can always be worked on.  I don't think anyone was expecting the amount of people there, after the Wizard World flop 2 years ago.  The only thing that really looked unorganized was the professional celeb photo ops.  Crazy lines.  But taking pics at the tables was easy breezy.

There were only 5-6 comics dealers tho, but there were just enough to spend some money.  Mario and Heroes were there.  As usual, deals to be had if you didn't mind digging in boxes.

Here were my main pick ups.  Other stuff I got were dollar box stuff.

20155763_10158966475010133_6169559841424

20116768_10158966475295133_8928946406804

Met John Wesley Shipp and Lita, and that was great.  The celebrity stuff was on one side of the room, so those lines did not interfere with dealer or artist booths. 

After hours was ever better.  Saturday night there were events running until 2 am.  Checked out Rocky Horror, the dance/rave party and the cosplay burlesque show.

Sunday was quieter as expected, but the dealers I talked to seemed pleased with the turnout of the weekend and were making money.

I will be back next year for sure.