• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker's Best Covers (Top 10)
6 6

342 posts in this topic

I have long appreciated Baker's Phantom Lady work, but am relatively new to his romance art. This discussion started in Baker Romance thread but would love to see/ hear your nominations for the Top 10 Baker covers. If anyone here wants to start a poll as part of this- by all means do so. Thanks for your input Bakerphiles. 

I look forward to the education.

I'm editing this post so as to have this info on the first page of this thread.  We'd like to get help from anyone who knows how to set up a poll, for the purpose of voting on a list of candidates and producing a ranked "Top Ten Best Matt Baker covers" list.

Here's what's been proposed- Let's make up a list of Baker covers, in alphabetical order.  Doesn't matter how long the first draft is, just so long as it includes all the usual classic candidates that we all know would most likely be voted on.  We could add literally any book that anyone asked to be included, even books that almost certainly would not end up on the final Top Ten list.  

Then we just start the voting, let it run its course, and finally skim off the ten books with the most votes.  Presto- Top Ten Baker covers, according to an actual election. 

Based on the majority of what's been posted, here's what I believe is a good start. 36 books.  As suggested, anything could still be added, but we should probably try to avoid going overboard.  Remember, in the end, there can be only ten.

All-Top 16
Authentic Police Cases 6, 7, 8
Cinderella Love 25, 27, 29
Diary Secrets 16, 25, 26
Giant Comics Editions 12, 15
Going Steady 10, 12
Jo-Jo 25
Phantom Lady 17, 18, (23...?)
Seven Seas 3, 4, 6
(Pictorial Romances... any nominations?)  
Teen-Age Romances 9, 11, 13, 32, 38, 42, 43, 45
Teen-Age Temptations 1, 2, 8
True Love Pictorial 10, 11
Wartime Romances 8, 17
Zago 4

It's not that we're lazy- we're just technically challenged, it seems.  We need help setting up the poll.  Anyone...?

Edited by 29dukedog
Summary