• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker's Best Covers (Top 10)
6 6

342 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Kind of surprising that people don't seem to be pushing this one (although I have to admit that it didn't make my top 3).

truelove11_zps9c5aed0d.jpg

I know it might be sacrilege to say this, but the woman is perhaps not the most attractive by Baker standards.  Maybe it is the haircut that has mullet like elements or the somewhat heavy inking around her eyes, but just my two cents.  Hopefully I won't be tarred and feathered.   But it is a beautiful copy!

Edited by BakerFanOne

13 hours ago, The-Collector said:

Oh man, I put this one on my want list just yesterday. And of course you have a nice copy.

One of my top 5 Baker covers in any genre. The colors are beautiful and the bra less blonde is stunning. I put up a mid grade copy in a sales thread and it took forever to sell it. I don't know why the romance books get all the love?

10 hours ago, BakerFanOne said:

I know it might be sacrilege to say this, but the woman is perhaps not the most attractive by Baker standards.  Maybe it is the haircut that has mullet like elements or the somewhat heavy inking around her eyes, but just my two cents.  Hopefully I won't be tarred and feathered.   But it is a beautiful copy!

I think it is more the verbiage and suggestive nature of the cover that really gets to collectors. Kind of like the "hold d_ _k" cover.

15 hours ago, BakerFanOne said:

I think if he hadn't cast her lower torso in shadow it would rank higher for me.

4 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I think it is more the verbiage and suggestive nature of the cover that really gets to collectors.

That is why I like it more than others!

5 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I think it is more the verbiage and suggestive nature of the cover that really gets to collectors. Kind of like the "hold d_ _k" cover.

Good point and makes a lot of sense.  But since we are talking about the top Baker covers, I was admittedly focused on the pure aesthetics and less on the verbiage and suggestive nature.  Perhaps I am just too spoiled with Baker's incredible command of the female form.  

On 9/22/2017 at 11:17 AM, Robot Man said:
On 9/22/2017 at 12:20 AM, BakerFanOne said:

Dark? Dock? Dink? hm

On 2/22/2017 at 7:02 PM, Robot Man said:

This one is often overlooked and I like it a lot. Also has some killer interior Baker art too.

comsevenseas3_zpswmleqeh3.jpg

comsevenseas2canada2_zpseizzjcjt.jpg

I thought this was the interior of seven seas 4? I couldn't find any pictures online but I bought a coverless #4 off mycomicshop a few years ago and it looks like that...comicbookplus has that as issue 4 too. Anyone know for sure?

On 4/17/2023 at 1:13 PM, comicnoir said:

authentic police cases 6 cgc7.5.jpg

Authentic Police Cases 8 cgc 6.0.jpg

Teen-Age Romances #38 8.0.jpg

All beautiful, worthy contenders! I tend to prefer my Baker girls in the "raw". They look so bright in mylar and I have that added advantage of seeing all the extra Baker art inside. And, as they say, "I love the smell of newsprint and ink in the morning"...

comauthpolicecases6.jpg

comauthpolicecases8.jpg

comteenageromances38.jpeg

On 4/17/2023 at 6:21 PM, Robot Man said:

All beautiful, worthy contenders! I tend to prefer my Baker girls in the "raw". They look so bright in mylar and I have that added advantage of seeing all the extra Baker art inside. And, as they say, "I love the smell of newsprint and ink in the morning"...

comauthpolicecases6.jpg

comauthpolicecases8.jpg

comteenageromances38.jpeg

Except there is no Baker interior in the 3 books I chose.