• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jon Berk collection to be auctioned.
18 18

3,495 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

If you have repetitive material such as 10 buster browns or a ton of Robert Crumb originals  the spreading works and you will maximize price as Ha has done on Eric's underground art collection..here where the mistake was they was no overlap of material so throw it out on the market and the part of the reason must be that Jon himself feels the market as peaked is not gonna wait over time to see a decrease in market value, make no mistake Jon is smart and has been there and done that...he has seen prices go from 5 bucks to 5000.

Where this back fires is its just too much material on the market at the same time and buyers are gonna be tapped out, the smarter way was for Jon to take his mid grade material and put it on Ha weekly auctions...amazing that last year they almost did 30 Mil which was more than the signature auctions total. Especially if he is not gonna grade 90% of the books, further, unless CC man's up Ha has the best catalog and website. so be it, its Jon's collection but the market can only take so much material before prices are impacted. I would of spread the material out and consigned BOTH CC and HA and put material where both can maximize the best return.

The brilliance of Jon's and ComicConnect's method is that they knew putting all of the material in one auction would cause Mmehdy to return to pontificating on the CGC boards.

Jon Berk and ComicConnect...true visionaries!

5 hours ago, Pickie said:

Wait. Do you think Jon Berk will read this eventually? :blush:

5 hours ago, Pickie said:

Is this him on page 3 ?  zzz

5 hours ago, comicjack said:

I don't think so (:

Well, he shows up on several pages throughout this thread, like this one here below from Page 24:  :gossip:

27 minutes ago, SushiX said:

Mr.berk looks so sad in this picture. ? it's very understandable. 

Sad did not occur to me when I saw that picture.  (shrug)

I thought he was simply undertaking a deeper and thoughtful analysis of the artwork he was looking at and appreciating it for all it is.  (thumbsu

31 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Sad did not occur to me when I saw that picture.  (shrug)

I thought he was simply undertaking a deeper and thoughtful analysis of the artwork he was looking at and appreciating it for all it is.  (thumbsu

I concur. It was probably an intense experience for Jon, being put under the spotlight like that, but he seemed pretty happy, relaxed, and loving the chit-chat about his collection.  

I found this while searching for some photos.  These are Jon's Church copies

Edited by adamstrange

5 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

I definitely plan to be at the ready as soon as this auction opens up so I can have the high bid on many of these items for a few minutes :banana:

Instead of dancing away like a crazy banana, your other half might be being giving you the old smackdown  :makepoint:  if you still have any of the high bids left at the end of any of these auctions.  lol

4 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Instead of dancing away like a crazy banana, your other half might be being giving you the old smackdown  :makepoint:  if you still have any of the high bids left at the end of any of these auctions.  lol

I actually put together a pretty nice war chest for this one :devil:

Either I am walking away with at least one book or the person that wins it will be walking funny. :sumo:

22 minutes ago, batman_fan said:
28 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well, in that case, the Fantastic 3 is definitely calling out your name then.   :takeit:  

11 minutes ago, lou_fine said:
35 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

Well, in that case, the Fantastic 3 is definitely calling out your name then.   :takeit:

7 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

I said pretty nice, not amazing ! lol  Although below a certain level I will be bidding.

Definitely not the right tone to be sending on a public message board.  doh!

You gotta act and talk like a confident whale in order to bluff your way to the big win.  :gossip:

Especially if you want to scarce away all of the Big Fishes from even daring to place a bid against you.  (thumbsu  lol

1 minute ago, lou_fine said:

Definitely not the right tone to be sending on a public message board.  doh!

You gotta act and talk like a confident whale in order to bluff your way to the big win.  :gossip:

Especially if you want to scarce away all of the Big Fishes from even daring to place a bid against you.  (thumbsu  lol

Sadly everyone already knows I am a poser :sorry:

1 minute ago, SushiX said:

I'm a noob so I was wondering what is the average amount is considered "good" in cash for a auction like this?

It all depends on what you are seriously chasing.  If I were seriously going after the Church Fantastic 3, I would want something in the $150k to $200k.  If I was going after some of the pre hero More Funs, probably $5k to $10k would be good.

5 minutes ago, SushiX said:

I'm a noob so I was wondering what is the average amount is considered "good" in cash for a auction like this?

:popcorn: 

1 minute ago, batman_fan said:

It all depends on what you are seriously chasing.  If I were seriously going after the Church Fantastic 3, I would want something in the $150k to $200k.  If I was going after some of the pre hero More Funs, probably $5k to $10k would be good.

Well outside my comfort zone, that's for sure.  Where are the extensively restored books?