• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jon Berk collection to be auctioned.
18 18

3,495 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Another in the ongoing series of Sqeggs winning cheap krap no one else wants! 

c-m1.9a.jpg

Congrats on this steal of a deal at only $116 for a HTF "low demand" book.  (thumbsu

All I can say is that you would have had to pay more this if I had finished my dinner a few minutes earlier.  lol

Edited by lou_fine

4 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

....And now getting close to those seemingly common as dirt 8.0 copies of AF 15's that are starting to pop up all over the place.  :p

If I had a choice between those 3 books, I know immediately which one I would take and which one would end up at the bottom of the heap. 

lol AF 15, and IH 181 are phenomenons. There seems to be no ceiling on demand. 

On the FC3 vs. SC3 showdown, it's tough to say if SC was the clear winner: if the winner of the FC lives in NY add on taxes and it's practically a tie ( by a hair). But the showdown has been one for the ages. 

5 minutes ago, sagii said:

lol AF 15, and IH 181 are phenomenons. There seems to be no ceiling on demand. 

On the FC3 vs. SC3 showdown, it's tough to say if SC was the clear winner: if the winner of the FC lives in NY add on taxes and it's practically a tie ( by a hair). But the showdown has been one for the ages. 

Or you could argue they'll get a 10% rebate on the total purchase price, playing with house money and all :)

1 hour ago, MrBedrock said:
1 hour ago, tth2 said:

I've been the underbidder on a number of books now.  Jon should send me a thank you card or something.

You and me both!

Hope you win the books you are REALLY after Richard. :wishluck:

23 minutes ago, sagii said:

If you go by multiples of guide, FC3 destroyed SC3.

Based on others comments I thought 250k was the high end for both books which they both finished around that figure. Sellers should be happy with results. It'll be interesting in 5 years though to see if one of the books pulls some distance from the other or if we have another challenger out there for these two (artist driven classic covers, non superhero) that has yet to make its move.

Edited by N e r V

2 minutes ago, Crowzilla said:

Funny I hadn't looked at it that way, but you are right. 

I'd say the thing is so few FC3's came to market by comparison,  Overstreet and we collectors had no decent amount of ' hard data ' to know where this book actually stood ( point per dollars). 

Maybe too late for this year's guide to reflect but I'm certain 2018's edition will. 

1 minute ago, N e r V said:

Based on others comments I thought 250k was the high end for both books which they both finished around that figure. Sellers should be happy with results. It'll be interesting in 5 years though to see if one of the books pulls some distance from the other or if we have challenger out there for these two (artist driven classic covers, non superhero) that has yet to make its move.

One could argue Samson is a super hero (of sorts). If you factor that my money is on Our Flag Comics #5. (Eventually) sleeper for sure. 

3 minutes ago, sagii said:
11 minutes ago, Crowzilla said:

Funny I hadn't looked at it that way, but you are right. 

I'd say the thing is so few FC3's came to market by comparison,  Overstreet and we collectors had no decent amount of ' hard data ' to know where this book actually stood ( point per dollars). 

Maybe too late for this year's guide to reflect but I'm certain 2018's edition will. 

Yes, you are definitely right here in terms of the 2018 guide reflecting this sale for FC 3.  (thumbsu

But since we all know how slow and gradual Bob's price increments are, I am also quite sure that the 2028 price guide will still be reflecting the results of this sale for FC 3.  lol

Are any of the board members here aware of anybody who has won any of the Church Fantastic books?

Just wondering if this Church run has finally been broken up or if some big money collector was able to scoop up all of this run in its entirety?  hm

Edited by lou_fine

40 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Are any of the board members here aware of anybody who has won any of the Church Fantastic books?

Just wondering if this Church run has finally been broken up or if some big money collector was able to scoop up all of this run in its entirety?  hm

+1

FC3 went to Fishler there's no doubt about that. What about the rest.

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

I tried to win a few.

Did win the #16

4 hours ago, sagii said:

One could argue Samson is a super hero (of sorts). If you factor that my money is on Our Flag Comics #5. (Eventually) sleeper for sure. 

You know I like this one ?

Edited by gino2paulus2

4 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

i hope the owning is more fun than the extended bidding crucible. 

IMG_3777.PNG

Man, I fell asleep! :cry:

I have a call into them asking to extend the bidding to this morning. :wishluck: