• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jon Berk collection to be auctioned.
18 18

3,495 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Flex Mentallo said:
8 hours ago, lou_fine said:

I thought it was a very pointed remark.  (shrug)

I had my tongue in my cheek - as usual. :foryou:

No worries as I was simply trying to be sarcastic at that point which appears to have been a pointless attempt on my part as it's clearly evident the intention of my point did not get across to you.  lol

14 hours ago, lou_fine said:

No worries as I was simply trying to be sarcastic at that point which appears to have been a pointless attempt on my part as it's clearly evident the intention of my point did not get across to you.  lol

:whatthe:  Inconceivable!

Edited by Flex Mentallo

2 hours ago, Point Five said:

Here was my one win, now cracked out. CGC called it 3.0... very tightly graded IMO.

Thanks, Jon B, for making it available!  (thumbsu 

j67r69.jpg

Very cool book. I have just about given up hope of finishing up my Harvey Digests. Luckily, I have a copy of that one.

pretty annoyed to see all these Berk book arrive at dealers sites for double the price. I for one will not be making offers on any of them. I kind of knew I was bidding against flippers but the extent is fairly large. Talk about Sh$ting on the market....  Just my 2 cents

I cannot complain though since they pumped up the prices of my books. Dog eat dog.

Edited by the420kid1

25 minutes ago, the420kid1 said:

pretty annoyed to see all these Berk book arrive at dealers sites for double the price. I for one will not be making offers on any of them. I kind of knew I was bidding against flippers but the extent is fairly large. Talk about Sh$ting on the market....  Just my 2 cents

I cannot complain though since they pumped up the prices of my books. Dog eat dog.

I don't recall there ever being an auction where dealers didn't buy books for resale.  Ever.  I don't understand the animus here.  

Just now, buttock said:

I don't recall there ever being an auction where dealers didn't buy books for resale.  Ever.  I don't understand the animus here.  

Me either. Pony up at auction for a book you want , or risk losing it. 

Just now, G.A.tor said:

Me either. Pony up at auction for a book you want , or risk losing it. 

Good thing you don't ever buy books for resale.  

But I've had things work out nicely for me when I maxed out my bids early in an auction and missed an item that a dealer snatched up and I was able to get on time payments for a price within my expected range from them.  Win-win for everyone.  

On 2017-07-18 at 6:56 PM, goldenacase said:

This book my only win which arrived today, as a dealer/collector I think this one is going to stick around for a while. Scans don't do this book just arrived 

arr1.26a.jpg

arr1.26a.jpg

Edited by goldenacase

9 hours ago, Point Five said:

Here was my one win, now cracked out. CGC called it 3.0... very tightly graded IMO.

Thanks, Jon B, for making it available!  (thumbsu 

j67r69.jpg

Awesome book  (worship)   I had a copy of that issue but sadly sold it on eBay back in the late 90s for $249. 

2 hours ago, buttock said:

The poster signed up just to complain. Apparently dealers are only supposed to dig up collections from folks selling grandpa's comics and saw their ad in the OSPG, or buy from collectors in bulk who don't want to be bothered selling individual books. If you get beat out by a dealer at auction, it probably means the book sold for less than it's worth. If one is going to complain, complain about deep pocket collectors who run up the price because they don't care about resale value and just want the book. 

16 minutes ago, rjpb said:

The poster signed up just to complain. Apparently dealers are only supposed to dig up collections from folks selling grandpa's comics and saw their ad in the OSPG, or buy from collectors in bulk who don't want to be bothered selling individual books. If you get beat out by a dealer at auction, it probably means the book sold for less than it's worth. If one is going to complain, complain about deep pocket collectors who run up the price because they don't care about resale value and just want the book. 

:whistle:

46 minutes ago, rjpb said:

If one is going to complain, complain about deep pocket collectors who run up the price because they don't care about resale value and just want the book.

Where do I register my complaint :sumo:

On 6/15/2017 at 11:47 PM, VintageComics said:

Conrad E had one for sale in SD about 7 years ago that I thought about buying.

@Sardo Numspar was there along with a few others guys and we were talking about it. Someone bought it.

:cry:

Good memory @VintageComics.  I was 30 minutes late pulling the trigger on the All-New cover, but I know who bought it and get to see it regularly :)