• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jon Berk collection to be auctioned.
18 18

3,495 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, O. said:

OA Aficionado Article - 23/6/17

Part 1 of the report on ComicConnect's Jon Berk Auction is up, with a focus on Jack "King" Kirby OA!

https://comicbookinvest.com/2017/06/23/market-report-june-2017-comicconnect-event-auction-part-1-jack-kirby/

Fascinating read and I don't even collect (much) OA. 

On 6/23/2017 at 11:02 AM, Flex Mentallo said:
On 6/23/2017 at 10:43 AM, Sqeggs said:

They definitely have.  ComicConnect is giving buyers in the Berk auction six months to pay. :)

Not me, unfortunately.

If only you had contacted them prior to the auction, you could have taken advantage of their offer of no payments until the pound clears $1.50 again.

15 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

If only you had contacted them prior to the auction, you could have taken advantage of their offer of no payments until the pound clears $1.50 again.

I don't think CC are prepared to wait five years.

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 4:30 AM, Mmehdy said:

very nice write up

Glad you enjoyed it Mitch, Part 2 will be up Friday!

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 7:13 AM, jbcomicbox said:

Well done!

Thanks Jon:) I'm just trying to follow in your footsteps, by using my weekly column to promote OA and educate readers about comic art collecting!

Congrats on your successful auction(thumbsu

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 7:46 AM, Sqeggs said:

Fascinating read and I don't even collect (much) OA. 

Time to change all that;)

How long does comic connect take to normally full-fill orders? This was my first time shopping with them (jon berk) so was curious. I would have thought they would start shipping right away.

10 minutes ago, 1p36DSA said:

How long does comic connect take to normally full-fill orders? This was my first time shopping with them (jon berk) so was curious. I would have thought they would start shipping right away.

Well, at least for one of the board members here, it sounds as though they received their order last week already:

On 6/21/2017 at 0:50 PM, Artboy99 said:

I have received my auction win today!

I am very happy, I hope you all will be happy as well.

5 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well, at least for one of the board members here, it sounds as though they received their order last week already:

If it makes a difference:

I only bought one item, and I paid for it the day after the auction closed ( so on day 2 ).

I paid for FedEx priority. They shipped it the day after the auction closed.

My item was from the day 1, and typically Comicconnect ships the items in the order of the auction.

Just now, Artboy99 said:

I only bought one item, and I paid for it the day after the auction closed ( so on day 2 ).

My item was from the day 1, and typically Comicconnect ships the items in the order of the auction.

Well, that's just P-P-P-P-P-Perfect.:cry:

Just now, Flex Mentallo said:
1 minute ago, Artboy99 said:

Well, that's just P-P-P-P-P-Perfect.:cry:

That means for everybody else that ignored CC's nasty email demanding immediate payment and waited until Friday to see if we would win anything else, we are out of luck.  :devil:

Now, our orders are stuck behind the hundreds of others who were probably waiting for the whole auction to end before making payment.  :taptaptap:  :cry:

2 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

That means for everybody else that ignored CC's nasty email demanding immediate payment and waited until Friday to see if we would win anything else, we are out of luck.  :devil:

Now, our orders are stuck behind the hundreds of others who were probably waiting for the whole auction to end before making payment.  :taptaptap:  :cry:

I have the p-p-p-p-patience of a saint whose name begins with Z.

I think I won something from 3 of the days and waited until the end, so mine is probably at the bottom. Wonder if it matters form of payment to or if over the 2,500 credit card cap (which is a load of )

Edited by 1p36DSA

28 minutes ago, Flex Mentallo said:
31 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

I have the p-p-p-p-patience of a saint whose name begins with Z.

I am never in a hurry either.

The last time I got my orders from CL and HA, I asked them to keep pushing off shipping my orders for almost 3 years before I finally got around to asking them to send it out to me.  That was pretty much 7 years ago since it was back in 2010. 

I don't believe they would hold orders any more, as they would probably try to charge you a storage fee nowadays.  :frown:

Edited by lou_fine

5 hours ago, 1p36DSA said:

I sent them my invoice number and asked for a specific date of shipment, they told me 7/5 out the door.   I paid the extra to do overnight shipping as I don't want Berk books doing a layover at some fedex destination to save like fifty bucks.

7 hours ago, 1p36DSA said:

I think I won something from 3 of the days and waited until the end, so mine is probably at the bottom. Wonder if it matters form of payment to or if over the 2,500 credit card cap (which is a load of )

Well, if you paid by check, I imagine they'll wait for it to clear before shipping.