• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jon Berk collection to be auctioned.
18 18

3,495 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Please try to remember to take your meds every day. 

lol

I hate meds, and this time I'm serious. I took them for crippling back pain for many years, now I'm off them for good due to quite drastic side effects. So I have to get my endorphins a different way.

4 minutes ago, Flex Mentallo said:

lol

I hate meds, and this time I'm serious. I took them for crippling back pain for many years, now I'm off them for good due to quite drastic side effects. So I have to get my endorphins a different way.

Comics! :)

53 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

:flamed:

Hey, I have had this, what I consider to be slightly under graded book for over 24 hours and it is still not up for sale.

No respect. :angel:

fc_my_scan.jpg

The night is young... great book Rick, fits in well with your punch to the jaw theme!

On 19/07/2017 at 9:14 AM, Sqeggs said:
On 19/07/2017 at 6:24 AM, G.A.tor said:

Me either. Pony up at auction for a book you want, or risk losing it. 

I tried, but a gator ate my pony! :cry:

lol

13 hours ago, Point Five said:
13 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

I get even more annoyed when nondealers  outbid me on books and then keep them in their collections for a year or two and then offer them for sale for way more than they paid. Who do they think they are, dealers? More market Sh$ting if you ask me. 

Finally, someone addressed the elephant in the room. Couldn't agree more.   :taptaptap:

I just hate everyone who bids me up or outbids me, full stop.  I wish they would cut it out.

Ideally, I would announce publicly what book I'm after, and everyone would just back the hell off. :cloud9:

3 hours ago, tth2 said:

I just hate everyone who bids me up or outbids me, full stop.  I wish they would cut it out.

Ideally, I would announce publicly what book I'm after, and everyone would just back the hell off. :cloud9:

Best idea ever!  (thumbsu

Since I have been after Amazing Mysteries Funnies V2#4 for the longest while now and I currently have the high bid at $320, it would be greatly appreciated if you could please arrange with all of the other potential bidders not to place any more bids so that I can wing this grail of a book for $320.  :headbang:

Please tell all of the other bidders to ignore the last 2 auction results at something approaching $3,600 and $5,400 respectively, since they are no longer relevant due to this new rule we now have in place.  (thumbsu

7 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Since I have been after Amazing Mysteries Funnies V2#4 for the longest while now and I currently have the high bid at $320, it would be greatly appreciated if you could please arrange with all of the other potential bidders not to place any more bids so that I can wing this grail of a book for $320.  :headbang:

Please tell all of the other bidders to ignore the last 2 auction results at something approaching $3,600 and $5,400 respectively, since they are no longer relevant due to this new rule we now have in place.  (thumbsu

$320 for a 10 cents book :screwy:

2 hours ago, woowoo said:
10 hours ago, lou_fine said:

$320 for a 10 cents book :screwy:

Oh, my bad.......looks like it's going to be $382.40 with the juice in there.  Hmm.........must consider retracting my bid now.  lol

Well, it's still less nickels and dimes as compared to the AMF V2#2 and V2#5 which are already at $4,302 and almost $9K respectively, with still another 20 days to go.  :whatthe:

With Tim's influence here, I am quite confident that my current high bid of $320 for only a 10 cents book should still hold and be good to go to bring this little baby back home to me.  :wishluck:   :D

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Oh, my bad.......looks like it's going to be $382.40 with the juice in there.  Hmm.........must consider retracting my bid now.  lol

Well, it's still less nickels and dimes as compared to the AMF V2#2 and V2#5 which are already at $4,302 and almost $9K respectively, with still another 20 days to go.  :whatthe:

With Tim's influence here, I am quite confident that my current high bid of $320 for only a 10 cents book should still hold and be good to go to bring this little baby back home to me.  :wishluck:   :D

Best of luck Loe_Fine (thumbsu I did notice the rest are way up there in price hope you get the book.:tink:

I know it's not Golden Age, but I was surprised to see the CGC 8.0 Journey into Mystery #85 from the Jon Berk collection is now an 8.5 and listed for sale on Worldwide. I assume the bump in grade was due to a press/clean/resubmit. Does that indicate the comics from this collection weren't pressed before being graded by CGC the first time around? (shrug)

6 hours ago, Black_Adam said:

I know it's not Golden Age, but I was surprised to see the CGC 8.0 Journey into Mystery #85 from the Jon Berk collection is now an 8.5 and listed for sale on Worldwide. I assume the bump in grade was due to a press/clean/resubmit. Does that indicate the comics from this collection weren't pressed before being graded by CGC the first time around? (shrug)

Yes, of course not, since a lot of the long time old school collectors like Jon and Magik with his current Heritage auction offerings don't really believe in pressing their books. :gossip:

Just take a look at the All-Select 4 which went from CGC 0.5 Poor to a raw Qualified Fine on Worldwide or with the Amazing Man 21 which went from restored with color touch to a scrapped out unrestored and was still able to retain its same Fine - condition grading on Worldwide.  No point looking to buy since I believe they are both already resold at pretty much double the Berk CC prices.  hm

Goes to show that CGC is extremely punishing when it comes to grading unpressed books as most of Berk's books present much nicer relative to their CGC assigned grades, as confirmed by most board members here who have been pleasantly surprised after receiving their books in the mail.  :banana:

Edited by lou_fine

1 minute ago, batman_fan said:

Not if they used the press-o-matic 6000

steam-roller-cp-4694-at-welland-steam-rally-near-the-malvern-hills-dba9e5.jpg

I wonder where I can get one of those? Looks like it might also remove any resto. hm

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:
1 hour ago, batman_fan said:

Not if they used the press-o-matic 6000

steam-roller-cp-4694-at-welland-steam-rally-near-the-malvern-hills-dba9e5.jpg

I wonder where I can get one of those? Looks like it might also remove any resto. hm

Well, not only resto as it might do the COMPLETE job and remove the entire comic book itself.  lol