• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink Featured auction
2 2

152 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, sacentaur said:

Jon has a wonderful collection, but I just don't trust the folk he consigned with so there are multiple books over at CLink I'm interested in. :wishluck:

This should hopefully work out in your favor then since a lot of potential bidders might just hold back on some of their moolah so that they can go after some of the books from Jon's collection.  :wishluck:

4 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

This should hopefully work out in your favor then since a lot of potential bidders might just hold back on some of their moolah so that they can go after some of the books from Jon's collection.  :wishluck:

I'm really liking this Clink auction.... a lot of sharp and obscure books..... Items that I might be able to actually afford. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

4 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

I'm really liking this Clink auction.... a lot of sharp and obscure books..... Items that I might be able to actually afford. GOD BLESS...

Until the last three seconds, when the book suddenly doubles or trebles in price... :frustrated:

I was looking at some of the Caps, notably the #2 , #37 and #46. Very strong prices for all of them. Unlikely to pick them up in decent shape now for a reasonable price, unless I can find restored copies.

21 minutes ago, goldust40 said:

Until the last three seconds, when the book suddenly doubles or trebles in price... :frustrated:

I was looking at some of the Caps, notably the #2 , #37 and #46. Very strong prices for all of them. Unlikely to pick them up in decent shape now for a reasonable price, unless I can find restored copies.

Yeah, but the Berk books will have tracking bids that are an order of magnitude beyond my comfort zone lol GOD BLESS...

2 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

Yeah, but the Berk books will have tracking bids that are an order of magnitude beyond my comfort zone lol GOD BLESS...

Yes, we won't have to experience bidder anxiety due to limited budgets - the books will be out of reach the moment the auction gets underway, and we can accept that we won't be anything more than spectators. lol

Edited by goldust40

Prices were very strong last night on books that almost certainly wont be in the Berk Collection, the Cap 46 over 10k and the Batmans in particular. I have been looking for a nice Bats 65 and last nights copy went for about double the GPA for sale earlier in the month! It was a nice copy but that one set a high water mark for sure. the Bats 47 at just over 3k seemed almost fair by comparison. And even though not a gold book, the Charlton Blue Beetle 1 made me say Uncle when it crossed 2k...

6 hours ago, goldust40 said:
10 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

Yeah, I was daydreaming that my bid on Cap 2 would hold up. 

2 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

My one win thus far.

RAD35D8F2017123_172058.jpg

That's a beautiful copy Sqeggs.  I owned it till 2005 or so when I sold a bunch of GA on Heritage.   I can't imagine a prettier copy.  It was very hard to part with.  Congrats.  

39 minutes ago, Tsp99 said:

That's a beautiful copy Sqeggs.  I owned it till 2005 or so when I sold a bunch of GA on Heritage.   I can't imagine a prettier copy.  It was very hard to part with.  Congrats.  

Rest assured it's in good hands! :)

2 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

i bid on several of the fantucchio spideys, many times at WAY over gpa, and got shut out.  they did really well, from what i could tell.

I put in what I thought was WAY plenty on the ASM 25 and it was only an 8.5....... shot down in flames..... GOD BLESS...