• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink Featured auction
2 2

152 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

Well, the Tec 29 ended at $22,750 and the Tec 31 at $25,250.  I have a feeling that both books went to the same high bidder.  Both seem to be lows for the grade due to brittle pages even with the nice eye appeal.  Who says PQ is a non-factor? :nyah:

If that Tec 31 1.8 with that eye appeal had c-ow, would it fetch $40k?

strong upward movement on the Tec225 5.0 OW/W.  Went for $4601.  Clink sold a 5.0 on 12/7/16 for $2,900 O/W PQ

gpa reflects $2500 as last and highest sale so book seems to continue to show strength.

Not sure if technically the book is GA but all good.

2 hours ago, Spiderturtle said:
6 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

Well, the Tec 29 ended at $22,750 and the Tec 31 at $25,250.  I have a feeling that both books went to the same high bidder.  Both seem to be lows for the grade due to brittle pages even with the nice eye appeal.  Who says PQ is a non-factor? :nyah:

If that Tec 31 1.8 with that eye appeal had c-ow, would it fetch $40k?

My guess is that it probably should hit $40K with the better pages since 'Tec 31's have been running at a Price Per Point of $20K+ for all of last year.

Of course, those auctions were in a different venue and CC seems to be the go to auction house for getting top dollars when it comes to pre-Robin Detective books.  hm 

For example, the CGC 3.0 copy of 'Tec 29 which they have in their current auction is already at $33.5K after only 3 days since the auction opened, with another 3 weeks to go yet.  :gossip:

7 hours ago, batman_fan said:

Well, looks like I snagged one book off my want list.  Given how high it went, I kind of wished I tried for the Church copy a little harder.

hit17.jpg

Sweet Lou Fine !

10 hours ago, batman_fan said:

Well, looks like I snagged one book off my want list.  Given how high it went, I kind of wished I tried for the Church copy a little harder.

hit17.jpg

Huge pickup.  Major congrats!

8 hours ago, lou_fine said:

My guess is that it probably should hit $40K with the better pages since 'Tec 31's have been running at a Price Per Point of $20K+ for all of last year.

Of course, those auctions were in a different venue and CC seems to be the go to auction house for getting top dollars when it comes to pre-Robin Detective books.  hm 

For example, the CGC 3.0 copy of 'Tec 29 which they have in their current auction is already at $33.5K after only 3 days since the auction opened, with another 3 weeks to go yet.  :gossip:

Hi all. The Tec #29 and #31 were mine (as well as the Action #7). I have to say I was more than satisfied at final prices for my 3 books. Especially the Tec 29 - I really wasn't expecting it to hit 20K. Did I dream of a 30K+ result for the #31 - sure I did, but it finished almost exactly where I predicted with it's brittle pages (and BTW that book has so little brittleness, it's a crime to classify it as brittle, but what can be done that's CGC's designation). With the low CDN dollar, getting close to 5x what I paid 9 years ago was a win-win-win for me. I loved these books, but I can't lie - with the brittle PQ and the EA on the Action #7, they were on my list of books first to go to generate some $$ for a couple other purchases. I hope the buyer(s) enjoys having these grails in his/her possession as much as I did !!

FISH

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

I won this one.  Interesting part of comic history as publishers were finally able to get a price above 10 cents to stick.

RAD89C0A201721_93057.jpg

Big big book, congrats Tony!  Silver age romance grail, the beginning give or take of Kirby's last historic romance run at the publisher, ironically, who had nothing but contempt for the new experiment in '49 as Goodman predicted a disaster for S & K.  A price under 1K is a solid buy for this book. (thumbsu

It's not over yet, some great stuff more to come, but so far the prices in this auction are strong but not stratospheric for the best romance lineup in years.  Diary Secrets 11 had a solid close and the Heart Throbs 1 was a value buy at under $850.

50 minutes ago, fishbone said:

Hi all. The Tec #29 and #31 were mine (as well as the Action #7). I have to say I was more than satisfied at final prices for my 3 books. Especially the Tec 29 - I really wasn't expecting it to hit 20K. Did I dream of a 30K+ result for the #31 - sure I did, but it finished almost exactly where I predicted with it's brittle pages (and BTW that book has so little brittleness, it's a crime to classify it as brittle, but what can be done that's CGC's designation). With the low CDN dollar, getting close to 5x what I paid 9 years ago was a win-win-win for me. I loved these books, but I can't lie - with the brittle PQ and the EA on the Action #7, they were on my list of books first to go to generate some $$ for a couple other purchases. I hope the buyer(s) enjoys having these grails in his/her possession as much as I did !!

FISH

Congrats on your successful sales of some pretty big books here.  :golfclap:

Definitely a winning formula when you you are holding U.S. dollar based assets when the value of the U.S. dollar currency is rising significantly relative to your own devaluing currency.  (thumbsu

2 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Congrats on your successful sales of some pretty big books here.  :golfclap:

Definitely a winning formula when you you are holding U.S. dollar based assets when the value of the U.S. dollar currency is rising significantly relative to your own devaluing currency.  (thumbsu

yeah, for these 3 anyway not a bad return on investment -- but really did love those books, it is certainly very bittersweet ........................... 

54 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

any other Tecs eventually up for sale ?

You can PM me.

As you must already be fully aware of, there are 2 or 3 early Detectives that appears to be pretty nice relative to their assigned grade that just opened on CC's current Event Auction.  :gossip:

Seems to be an unusually small selection of pre-Robin Detectives in CC's auction on this go round, especially when compared to the much larger quantities they normally seem to have in their previous big auctions.  I wonder if the supply of these highly in-demand early Detectives are finally starting to dry up.  hm

4 hours ago, Dr. Love said:
6 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

I won this one.  Interesting part of comic history as publishers were finally able to get a price above 10 cents to stick.

RAD89C0A201721_93057.jpg

Big big book, congrats Tony!  Silver age romance grail, the beginning give or take of Kirby's last historic romance run at the publisher, ironically, who had nothing but contempt for the new experiment in '49 as Goodman predicted a disaster for S & K.  A price under 1K is a solid buy for this book. (thumbsu

It's not over yet, some great stuff more to come, but so far the prices in this auction are strong but not stratospheric for the best romance lineup in years.  Diary Secrets 11 had a solid close and the Heart Throbs 1 was a value buy at under $850.

I threw in a late bid on the HT 1 but was out bid.  I agree the winner got a bargain.  Was the DS 11 a Sixth Street book?  Seemed as if it might have some of the staple rust that afflicted some of those books. hm

14 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

I threw in a late bid on the HT 1 but was out bid.  I agree the winner got a bargain.  Was the DS 11 a Sixth Street book?  Seemed as if it might have some of the staple rust that afflicted some of those books. hm

The Crippen HT 1 is a real nice book, I used to own that copy.  The Sixth St DS 11 is the 6.5 - there was never any image posted on it.

29 minutes ago, Dr. Love said:

The Crippen HT 1 is a real nice book, I used to own that copy.  The Sixth St DS 11 is the 6.5 - there was never any image posted on it.

I have a DS 11 7.0, so I passed on the CLink 7.5.

7 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

37 minutes ago, Dr. Love said:

What some people won't pay for a .5 bump doesn't amaze me as much as how much some will shell out for it

2 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

This was the best case scenario associated with getting nudged out of top census, imho.  The value is now pegged and you have good inside post position in a still rising market.  Too bad CLink doesn't feed to GPA, yadda yadda.