• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink Featured auction
2 2

152 posts in this topic

Just now, adamstrange said:
7 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

I won this one.  Interesting part of comic history as publishers were finally able to get a price above 10 cents to stick.

A fine example of capitalistic exploitation of the masses!

Stop the presses so we can extract another 2 cents from these grubby little urchins! :)

9 minutes ago, Junkdrawer said:

What some people won't pay for a .5 bump doesn't amaze me as much as how much some will shell out for it

Reasonable price for a decent top census copy of what is a hard book to find in grade and now arguably a minor grail.  Also known as - $1`500 is the new $750.

Chris did I read somewhere that you were coming out West again for WonderCon next month?

1 minute ago, Dr. Love said:

Reasonable price for a decent top census copy of what is a hard book to find in grade and now arguably a minor grail.  Also known as - $1`500 is the new $750.

Chris did I read somewhere that you were coming out West again for WonderCon next month?

What's strange to me is that CGC seems to take off less than most collectors think they should for rusty staples and more for minor stains.  With SA Marvel, I think they take off way less than they should for significant Marvel chipping. 

Why don't they just run everything by me first? hm

1 minute ago, Sqeggs said:

What's strange to me is that CGC seems to take off less than most collectors think they should for rusty staples and more for minor stains.  With SA Marvel, I think they take off way less than they should for significant Marvel chipping. 

yeh it's a conundrum - buy the book eh? and the notes

8 minutes ago, Dr. Love said:

I was road trippin around the whole state last week from eureka ro San Diego  and many stops along the way. Couldn't squeeze in the Long Beach show. I'll hit the Carbo show in NY next week to make up for it. See you at Terry's next year though for sure.

1 hour ago, fishbone said:

You'd think so, but what about the 2.0 blue from Dec 2016 that only went for $17,200 ? You just never know ......

Yeah I think the mini-flood of Tec 31's hitting the market, one after another, sometimes a few at once in one auction may have had as much to do with it as anything else.  I thought the price for the 1.8 was maybe a little on the low side, but not THAT low, all things considered.  

-J.

3 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

I agree 100% with this statement.  

I had a 9.0 appearing book with a nearly invisible water stain on inside FC and inside BC and it came back 5.0!!

Same quality book I bought after someone else had it graded with very rusty staples was graded 8.0. (shrug)

3 hours ago, fishbone said:

You'd think so, but what about the 2.0 blue from Dec 2016 that only went for $17,200 ? You just never know ......

That copy also has brittle pages so might be one of the reason why it went for so low.

21 hours ago, Black_Adam said:

You mean the Junior 11 (Crippen)? She's a beauty...

Guess you guys didn't see that sweet 12 too?  Chalk it up to too much cosmic wimp-out 30 years ago.  Damn that Feldstein could draw..

3 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

That copy also has brittle pages so might be one of the reason why it went for so low.

Exactly - so much for someone's daffy theory that page quality doesn't matter. 

3 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Not gonna defend rusty staples, but Marvel chipping doesn't bother me so much as I know it was a byproduct of the printing process and the books can otherwise be real nice.  I do hate water stains though.

30 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

Exactly - so much for someone's daffy theory that page quality doesn't matter. 

I just learn to let it go and let them think what they want.  It's not working then, it's not working now, their minds have been made up. 

Just now, rainmaker said:

well color me thrilled i feel i am one of the big winners catching a whale from this auction and it cost a lot less than i expected!!!

that fabulous silver streak 6 is headed to socal :whee:

^^

1 hour ago, Dark Knight said:

Yes, for sure

so I was happy to get what I got, and the 29 hammer was a particular pleasant surprise for me

.... and no way I would have sold at this point if PQ was higher on them, would have held

love those books! 

Interesting to note that the Target Comics Vol 6 #9 with the Church designation on its label does not have the same Mile High code identification markings on the front cover as the Church copy shown in the Gerber Photo-Journal Guide.  hm

On 3/1/2017 at 0:42 AM, jimjum12 said:

I'm really liking this Clink auction.... a lot of sharp and obscure books..... Items that I might be able to actually afford. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Yeah I agree.  I picked up the Atoman #2 for what I thought was a reasonable price as a for instance.  Also just picked up the Sup 53.  Think I'll be happy with both.

You pick up anything cool?