ComicLink Featured auction
2 2

152 posts in this topic

6,807 posts
6 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

I threw in a late bid on the HT 1 but was out bid.  I agree the winner got a bargain.  Was the DS 11 a Sixth Street book?  Seemed as if it might have some of the staple rust that afflicted some of those books. hm

Very nice Tony :applause:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23,952 posts

So FF 1 CGC 9.0 went under 40K GPA

Seller must NOT be happy.:eek:

Edited by Gotham Kid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,531 posts
2 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Exactly - so much for someone's daffy theory that page quality doesn't matter. 

A)  Why a book does or does not sell for what it does has A LOT more to do than its "page quality".  Especially in the GA.  I'm sure you know that.  The "PQ" on the label isn't always  (or ever?) the sole reason a book sells strong, nor should it be used as the sole scapegoat when a book takes a big dump in an auction.  Look at ALL the data points, not just the ones that suit the narrative you want to believe in.  

B) I have always agreed that "brittle pages" (the one actually palpable  "PQ" a book can have, along with "slightly brittle") CAN affect the price of more readily available books.  (Though not necessarily always, and you will notice that more and more people are dissenting with how CGC is classifying some books as having "brittle pages".)

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
720 posts
3 hours ago, Sackolantern said:

I figured 6-ish.

Right on the mark!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,997 posts
32 minutes ago, SushiX said:
4 hours ago, Sackolantern said:

I figured 6-ish.

Right on the mark!?

 

32 minutes ago, SushiX said:

Right on the mark!?

I was so tempted. Got out bid on every thing this auction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,700 posts
3 hours ago, fishbone said:

Yes, for sure

so I was happy to get what I got, and the 29 hammer was a particular pleasant surprise for me

.... and no way I would have sold at this point if PQ was higher on them, would have held

love those books! 

Congrats on the sale Fish.  You did very well with them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,700 posts
1 hour ago, Gotham Kid said:

So FF 1 CGC 9.0 went under 40K GPA

Seller must NOT be happy.:eek:

Yeeeaaaaaahhh :fear:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
720 posts
14 minutes ago, Junkdrawer said:

 

I was so tempted. Got out bid on every thing this auction

I won the one book I wanted most..pep 20 I'll post as soon as I get it????

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,601 posts
On 3/1/2017 at 9:10 PM, Spiderturtle said:

If that Tec 31 1.8 with that eye appeal had c-ow, would it fetch $40k?

more like $50k+. I bought that 31 in 2007 raw and the PQ was all cream to ow but for the chipped corners...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,601 posts
14 hours ago, fishbone said:

Hi all. The Tec #29 and #31 were mine (as well as the Action #7). I have to say I was more than satisfied at final prices for my 3 books. Especially the Tec 29 - I really wasn't expecting it to hit 20K. Did I dream of a 30K+ result for the #31 - sure I did, but it finished almost exactly where I predicted with it's brittle pages (and BTW that book has so little brittleness, it's a crime to classify it as brittle, but what can be done that's CGC's designation). With the low CDN dollar, getting close to 5x what I paid 9 years ago was a win-win-win for me. I loved these books, but I can't lie - with the brittle PQ and the EA on the Action #7, they were on my list of books first to go to generate some $$ for a couple other purchases. I hope the buyer(s) enjoys having these grails in his/her possession as much as I did !!

 

FISH

congrats on the auction sales Fish...that 31 went from Harley, to me, back to Harley, and then to you all these years....I'm sure you will use the $$ to get something great..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28,692 posts
3 hours ago, MintyMint said:

Yeah I agree.  I picked up the Atoman #2 for what I thought was a reasonable price as a for instance.  Also just picked up the Sup 53.  Think I'll be happy with both.

You pick up anything cool?

Taxes are coming up.... I had to be frugal. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52,959 posts

The Jamie Graham MMC run went for mostly strong prices. Anyone pick up the early issues, or the icon covers (40, 44, 46, 63, etc.)? 

Pretty nifty to see an entire run of that title in one auction...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23,195 posts
6 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

 

9 hours ago, fishbone said:

Yes, for sure

so I was happy to get what I got, and the 29 hammer was a particular pleasant surprise for me

.... and no way I would have sold at this point if PQ was higher on them, would have held

love those books! 

Congrats on the sale Fish.  You did very well with them!

 

+1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23,195 posts
3 hours ago, goldust40 said:

The Jamie Graham MMC run went for mostly strong prices. Anyone pick up the early issues, or the icon covers (40, 44, 46, 63, etc.)? 

Pretty nifty to see an entire run of that title in one auction...

I believe Minh posted the 46. I threw in a bid of $2,800 on the 63, but it closed at $3,100. Seemed really strong to me, but it was a very sharp looking 5.5. Tough to chase most Timelys these days, unfortunately. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23,195 posts
5 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

Taxes are coming up.... I had to be frugal. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Damn revenuers! :cry:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,583 posts
15 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

I believe Minh posted the 46. I threw in a bid of $2,800 on the 63, but it closed at $3,100. Seemed really strong to me, but it was a very sharp looking 5.5. Tough to chase most Timelys anything these days, unfortunately. 

:cry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23,195 posts
45 minutes ago, walclark said:
58 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

I believe Minh posted the 46. I threw in a bid of $2,800 on the 63, but it closed at $3,100. Seemed really strong to me, but it was a very sharp looking 5.5. Tough to chase most Timelys anything these days, unfortunately. 

:cry:

But we continue to chase them! I won this one for going on three times what it sold for less than five years ago. 

 

RADFC7AD2017123_171138.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,997 posts
1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

But we continue to chase them! I won this one for going on three times what it sold for less than five years ago. 

 

RADFC7AD2017123_171138.jpg

Another one I almost had

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32,135 posts
12 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

So FF 1 CGC 9.0 went under 40K GPA

Seller must NOT be happy.:eek:

Holy....

The last three copies went for over $125,000 each?!?!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,974 posts
1 hour ago, october said:
14 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

So FF 1 CGC 9.0 went under 40K GPA

Seller must NOT be happy.:eek:

Holy....

The last three copies went for over $125,000 each?!?!?

You guys had me thinking the crash was upon us. 

I thought you meant the book had sold for under $40K.  :tonofbricks:  Just checked CL and the book sold for $95K which means that I read too fast and it sold for $40K under the GPA average.  doh!

So, I guess the crash is not quite upon us yet.  (thumbsu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
2 2