• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink Featured auction
2 2

152 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

You guys had me thinking the crash was upon us. 

I thought you meant the book had sold for under $40K.  :tonofbricks:  Just checked CL and the book sold for $95K which means that I read too fast and it sold for $40K under the GPA average.  doh!

So, I guess the crash is not quite upon us yet.  (thumbsu

Though unless Marvel Comics decides to re-launch the Fantastic Four, the crash of the Fantastic Four books may be upon us...

14 hours ago, Junkdrawer said:

15 hours ago, SushiX said:
19 hours ago, Sackolantern said:

I figured 6-ish.

Right on the mark!?

15 hours ago, SushiX said:

Right on the mark!?

I was so tempted. Got out bid on every thing this auction

I'm happy to report that my ComicLink haul was as impressive as Junkdrawer's, including Almost #1 and the Could've Been ashcan copy...   :frown:

2 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:
17 hours ago, Junkdrawer said:

18 hours ago, SushiX said:
21 hours ago, Sackolantern said:

I figured 6-ish.

Right on the mark!?

18 hours ago, SushiX said:

Right on the mark!?

I'm happy to report that my ComicLink haul was as impressive as Junkdrawer's, including Almost #1 and the Could've Been ashcan copy...   :frown:

I like your positive glass half full of nothin' outlook. xD

Oh rest assured I am hard at work on it Damien, there is one issue of Fantastic I am looking for though, cant remember the number, supposed to have a really nice cover, something about a giant robot or something....

On 2017-03-02 at 6:57 PM, rainmaker said:

well color me thrilled i feel i am one of the big winners catching a whale from this auction and it cost a lot less than i expected!!!

that fabulous silver streak 6 is headed to socal :whee:

Big congrats!  What a beauty

Curious to see what everyone thinks about the final price for the three books below:

1) Lone Ranger Comics #1 6.5 cr/ow  SOLD $1,400  (selling below Overstreet value $2,172)

2) Marvel Mystery Comics #4  2.0 ow/w  SOLD $6,095 (1st Sub-Mariner cover) Overstreet value $2,300

3) Pep comics #26 2.0 ow/w SOLD $5,365 (1st Veronica Lodge) Overstreet value $700

13 hours ago, lpsunburst said:

My sole snag, there were a few others I went after pretty strong but alas...

RADD66AC2017214_105557.jpg

12 hours ago, HRCostigan said:

Cool, keep working that list...

Very nice! Any book with a Fletcher Hanks story is worth its weight in gold. (I assume the 64-page GA books weigh a lot more than the SA and BA books!!  :kidaround: )

52 minutes ago, Murphman13 said:

It is widely known that the Overstreet value on Pep 26 is way too low. That book is super high on demand and very short in supply.

Guide is way off on so many books !

15 hours ago, Junkdrawer said:

18 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:
On 3/3/2017 at 0:05 AM, Junkdrawer said:

On 3/2/2017 at 11:32 PM, SushiX said:
On 3/2/2017 at 7:55 PM, Sackolantern said:

I figured 6-ish.

Right on the mark!?

On 3/2/2017 at 11:32 PM, SushiX said:

Right on the mark!?

I like your positive glass half full of nothin' outlook. xD

Well, to soothe my wounds, I made an impulse buy last night at one of our esteemed boardie's sites. The book should speed up the healing process!  :)

1 hour ago, The_Investor said:

Curious to see what everyone thinks about the final price for the books below:

1) Lone Ranger Comics #1 6.5 cr/ow  SOLD $1,400  (selling below Overstreet value $2,172)

Unfortunately, the Lone Ranger collectors passed away with their Big Little Books and Popeye comics. Even the Johnny Depp Lone Ranger/Tonto movie could not save the franchise. :shy:

It's a shame . The lone Ranger was my 1st hero growing up. Had a holster and guns and silver bullets , cowboy boots growing up in the early sixties.