• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

0.1, 0.3. PG, Cover

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

I notice that in #46 Overstreet's Price Guide there are two new grades, 0.1 and 0.3 that were not in the previous book. 0.1 is an incomplete coverless book or even a single page, .3 is a complete coverless book. However I notice that there are graded single pages out there but they are graded PG. And I wasn't sure if there was just a cover grade or would that fall under .1.

Lastly will CGC start using .1 for a page of a comic? Thanks, great forums. 

Personally, I don't think CGC should adopt those numbers. Reason being, as a coverless book or just a single page is still an incomplete book. Maybe you could come up with a special incomplete grade (or maybe a qualified grade already covers that). 

I think giving numbers to these types of books is silly. An incomplete coverless book is a parts book, a partial reader, or a placeholder at best. If the pages are brittle, it's basically garbage, unless it's valuable enough to sell off pieces of ( a market, I'll confess, that somewhat mystifies me)

At the other end of the spectrum there are clean complete coverless books with excellent PQ, that are ripe for marriage. Most coverless books fall in between, but I'd think PQ and measure of completeness, along with any physical damage to pages are the important factors, not decimal grades assigned. 

Edited by rjpb