• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1960's Men's Magazine View of the Future!

15 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Matches_Malone said:

Cool Piece, but you should really post all your new items in The Official "This week in your Original Art collection" thread. I'm sure it has been mentioned before, but for some reason you chose to ignore it.

To be fair, I see others creating their own threads as well (the movie poster thread for instance - which I find very interesting and fun to read), but it does seem to be a frequent offering from @drfate.

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 10:04 PM, SquareChaos said:

To be fair, I see others creating their own threads as well (the movie poster thread for instance - which I find very interesting and fun to read), but it does seem to be a frequent offering from @drfate.

Far as I'm aware, the Doctor doesn't contribute anything to any of the discussions going on these forums and seems more concerned about getting hits for his art on CAF (or attracting would-be buyers).  He seems to be struggling trying to get the multiple-thousand views his stuff seemingly once attracted . . . I take it CAF fixed the apparent loophole for members to push-up the counts on their own stuff?

He has some great art, for sure, but . . . sorry, a lot of those counts seem artificially-high to me? 

Edited by The Voord

well I guess his strategy of making thinly veiled FOR SALE posts in the discussion forum seems to be working for him, as the piece is gone from CAF and apparently sold. I believe he was asking $1500, which is a healthy profit on the $450 he paid for the BIN on eBay in January of this year.  And I don't mean a BIN that was snapped up in a matter of minutes being posted either, it was on ebay for days.  

Hopefully the new owner doesn't feel like a:

8ea83765b8f1575908092ee4cdda1039.jpg

yeah, I think Bill changed it to only count unique counts from registered users.  At least that is the default and there is some ways to see all counts.  In the old way, your own views could never increase your count, but you can always just log out and hit refresh (or do it in an automated way)

Malvin

and to be fair, I sometimes create special threads for new art too, only for bigger pieces that I think deserve attention.  But if we decide that we should only post new art in that one thread, I will of course follow those rules.

Malvin

56 minutes ago, malvin said:

and to be fair, I sometimes create special threads for new art too, only for bigger pieces that I think deserve attention.  But if we decide that we should only post new art in that one thread, I will of course follow those rules.

Malvin

But when you do that, you are not using your thread to overtly or discretely sell the piece.

4 minutes ago, Ironmandrd said:

But when you do that, you are not using your thread to overtly or discretely sell the piece.

Yes, that is correct, when I do that I truly am excited to have a piece and I am shouting to the world (or the original art collecting world that frequents these boards..)

Malvin