• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round

2 posts in this topic

• Administrator

See post below.

This thread happened on the old boards after the migration to the new boards had been completed. The content of the thread has been pasted below, for reference.

Note: The post below is best viewed in Chrome, Firefox or most mobile browsers. It may not render correctly in Internet Explorer.

• Administrator

#9796499 - 03/01/17 02:25 PMtrophy.gif 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round
BlowUpTheMoon Offline 

Don't let these guys jerk you around. To change your custom title, go to My Stuff, then go to Preferences. You can change your custom title there.

TOTAL NEWBIE 

8450.jpg 
Loc: Buffalo, NY
news.gifacclaim.gifWelcome to the Start of the 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament. acclaim.gif news.gif

There are plenty of returning veteran teams so it should be a fun and competitive tournament. I'll have the seeding scans posted within 24 hours. If there are questions, maybe some of the veteran teams can answer them. 

To allow more teams to play, this year will have two brackets (East and West) with 64 teams each. The winner of each bracket will compete against each other to determine the overall winner. 

All books were pressed. No books were cleaned or humidified.

This round is to establish a won-loss record for each team so the bracket pairings can be set. Future head to head single elimination rounds will involve grading only four books. The scans will be posted, and the scoring and rules are listed below. eek.gif 

Good luck to all.... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

_________________________________________________________________________________
The rules for this round are as follows:

1. Do not talk about the books in this thread or any other thread. Do not talk to your wife about these books. Do not talk to your cat about these books. Do not talk to your dog about these books. 

2. PM me all grades in the order they are listed and write your username. Associate the book with the grade. No grade changes are allowed after submitting your grades. Submit all nine grades at the same time. 

3. Grades are due by 10pm (EST) Saturday, March 11th.

4. You may PM me or ask questions in the thread. Answers will be posted in the thread so everyone has the same info.

5. Each player’s won-loss record will be determined as follows:

Spot on= 3 wins
Within .5= 2 wins
Not within .5 = 1 loss
Not within 1= 2 losses
Bonus= The third spot on grade will be granted 1 bonus win, fourth= 2 bonus wins, fifth through tenth= 3 bonus wins. 

Shin's explanation:

Warning, Spoiler: 
If you are spot on, you will get THREE WINS
If you are within and including .5, you will get TWO WINS

If you are .6 to 1.0 OFF, you will get ONE LOSS
If you are over 1.0 OFF, you will get TWO LOSSES

People with THREE BULLSEYES get a PLUS ONE WIN
People with FOUR BULLSEYES get a PLUS THREE WINS

________________________________________________________________________________________________

2z0i.jpg 

fhsb.jpg 

#9796500 - 03/01/17 02:26 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: BlowUpTheMoon]
BlowUpTheMoon Offline 

Don't let these guys jerk you around. To change your custom title, go to My Stuff, then go to Preferences. You can change your custom title there.

TOTAL NEWBIE 

8450.jpg 
Small scans:

In the case of double cover books, I am only look for the grade of the outside cover.

Warning, Spoiler: 

Batman (Double Cover) 
Warning, Spoiler: 
YYYY-0069_zpskpsvfif6.jpg
YYYY-0070_zps7my8rbwb.jpg

Bugs
Warning, Spoiler: 
YYYY-0033_zpscrsfz2le.jpgYYYY-0034_zpsfabsj0qg.jpg

DD
Warning, Spoiler: 
2017-03-01-0001_zpsnc4v2yfv.jpg
2017-03-01-0002_zpshfq7ccpp.jpg

GI Combat
Warning, Spoiler: 
YYYY-0057_zpshd3ff0ms.jpg
YYYY-0058_zpst1as4b8n.jpg

JIM
Warning, Spoiler: 
YYYY-0049_zps8ejpmncv.jpg
YYYY-0050_zpsk2p4sb9a.jpg

Shazam
Warning, Spoiler: 
YYYY-0018_zpsfak3qc2x.jpg
YYYY-0019_zps5hyw0q4k.jpg

Spawn
Warning, Spoiler: 
2017-03-01-0010_zpsmgld0oki.jpg
2017-03-01-0011_zpsiu0djywr.jpg

Supergirl (Double Cover)
Warning, Spoiler: 
YYYY-0003_zpsbis4cupr.jpg
YYYY-0004_zps9itz2vhn.jpg?
Supergirl%20interior%20rust_zpsik4vqwjm.

Superman
Warning, Spoiler: 
2017-03-01-0014_zpsqwbdnk0z.jpg
2017-03-01-0015_zpszh8nogpl.jpg

WBN (Laminated Cover)
Warning, Spoiler: 
YYYY-0022_zpsfe0cwj8n.jpg
YYYY-0023_zpsk9u41r9n.jpg
#9796501 - 03/01/17 02:26 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: BlowUpTheMoon]
BlowUpTheMoonOffline 

TOTAL NEWBIE 

8450.jpg 
Large scans:

In the case of double cover books, I am only look for the grade of the outside cover.

Warning, Spoiler: 
Batman
Warning, Spoiler: 
ns47XF.jpg
EjxVVo.jpg

Bugs
Warning, Spoiler: 
YHVni6.jpg
JUlTbe.jpg

DD 
Warning, Spoiler: 
hwYDga.jpg 
wNhxst.jpg

GI Combat
Warning, Spoiler: 
PJ1q2X.jpg
wVgzX9.jpg

JIM
Warning, Spoiler: 
3VCYtD.jpg
aeAsnu.jpg

Shazam
Warning, Spoiler: 
eSXtT5.jpg
iaCS67.jpg

Spawn
Warning, Spoiler: 
jZ3Mmh.jpg2WM3KV.jpg

Supergirl (double cover)
Warning, Spoiler: 
Qb3G31.jpg
HrwCrJ.jpg

Superman
Warning, Spoiler: 
T2iXG8.jpg
xQkHPx.jpg

WBN (laminated)
Warning, Spoiler: 
oimGlC.jpg
ghkeyt.jpg

#9796542 - 03/02/17 10:19 AMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: BlowUpTheMoon]
thirdgreenham Offline 
I'm the eleventy-millionth person to declare the good old days were the bestest! 
TOTAL NEWBIE 

6438.jpg 
ubblove.gif

forestcitycoins is my eBay store, click if you like. \(thumbs u

CBCAORG-small.png

Top Reply Reply Quote Quote Quick Reply Quick Reply Quick Quote Quick Quote Notify Notify Email Post Email Post
#9796562 - 03/02/17 02:13 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: thirdgreenham]
BlowUpTheMoon Offline 

TOTAL NEWBIE 

8450.jpg 
Hmmm... Just realized we will have to use the old PM system here.
#9796566 - 03/02/17 02:24 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: BlowUpTheMoon]
Jeffro? Offline 

Speaking as myself, I don't deserve anything.

TOTAL NEWBIE 

5145.jpg 
Loc: Jerkfropolis
 Originally Posted By: BlowUpTheMoon
Hmmm... Just realized we will have to use the old PM system here.

You'd better PM Arch. Wouldn't be good for them to finally take down these boards in the middle of the contest

Top Reply Reply Quote Quote Quick Reply Quick Reply Quick Quote Quick Quote Notify Notify Email Post Email Post
#9796579 - 03/02/17 03:11 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: Jeffro?]
RockMyAmadeus Offline 

TOTAL NEWBIE 

4589.jpg 
Loc: American Beauty
You can't initiate PMs here anymore.

"You bring zero value here, zero." - Speed Force

"...unless an actual financial depression hits the country, this book (ASM #678 MJ Venom Variant) won't drop in value. Ever.." - Lonzilla

"DESSLOK, desslok desslok,...."
#9796592 - 03/02/17 05:18 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: RockMyAmadeus]
BlowUpTheMoon Offline 

TOTAL NEWBIE 

8450.jpg 
 Originally Posted By: RockMyAmadeus

PM sent.
#9796614 - 03/02/17 06:46 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: BlowUpTheMoon]
oakman29 Offline 

Colonial Mustard in the library WITH THE CANDLESTICK!

TOTAL NEWBIE 

11487.jpg 
Loc: Feeling a little Creepy
The Spawn has two back covers.
Every collection,from the most valuable Golden age,to the readiest of reading copy Moderns,is assembled with care and thought,and is worthy of respect because of it,if for no other reason.RMA

A year ago...A cold October night...A broken down car on a dirt road...A man...A girl...Madness...Pain...And the shadows...My God the shadows!J.O'Barr

Wanted high grade Vampirella, and Creepy mags.
comic_best_forum2013_zps4e89388f.gif

#9796615 - 03/02/17 07:31 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: oakman29]
BlowUpTheMoon Offline 

TOTAL NEWBIE 

8450.jpg 
 Originally Posted By: oakman29
The Spawn has two back covers.

Fixed. Thanks for the heads up.
#9796616 - 03/02/17 07:32 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: BlowUpTheMoon]
DR.X Offline 
TOTAL NEWBIE 

8234.jpg 
Loc: Master of the Mystery Box

PM sent.

I got two this morning.

bringoutthegimp.jpg

Survived a full blown attack by a 30ft Great White.
#9796617 - 03/02/17 07:58 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: DR.X]
oakman29 Offline 

TOTAL NEWBIE 

11487.jpg 
God I miss this place.
Every collection,from the most valuable Golden age,to the readiest of reading copy Moderns,is assembled with care and thought,and is worthy of respect because of it,if for no other reason.RMA

A year ago...A cold October night...A broken down car on a dirt road...A man...A girl...Madness...Pain...And the shadows...My God the shadows!J.O'Barr

#9796620 - 03/02/17 08:20 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: oakman29]
John R Offline 
Pedigreed 

16522.jpg 
Loc: Canada
grades submitted - is this thread also on the new boards? i can't seem to find it and link sent brings me here. Thanks!
#9796621 - 03/02/17 08:23 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: BlowUpTheMoon]
RockMyAmadeus Offline 

TOTAL NEWBIE 

4589.jpg 

PM sent.

Sez you, BlowUp.

"...unless an actual financial depression hits the country, this book (ASM #678 MJ Venom Variant) won't drop in value. Ever.." - Lonzilla

#9796622 - 03/02/17 09:03 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: John R]
BlowUpTheMoon Offline 

TOTAL NEWBIE 

8450.jpg 
 Originally Posted By: John R
grades submitted - is this thread also on the new boards? i can't seem to find it and link sent brings me here. Thanks!

We're gonna keep it old school and play out the Tournament on the old Boards. 

PMs will be on the new Boards.
#9796623 - 03/02/17 09:09 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: RockMyAmadeus]
BlowUpTheMoon Offline 

TOTAL NEWBIE 

8450.jpg 

PM sent.

Sez you, BlowUp.

You may be right. This is the PM I sent to you:

error11_zpssxwdcgmb.jpg
#9796624 - 03/02/17 09:13 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: BlowUpTheMoon]
BlowUpTheMoon Offline 

TOTAL NEWBIE 

8450.jpg 
I'll be offering a nice prize to the first contestant to ace the seeding round.
#9796631 - 03/02/17 11:18 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: BlowUpTheMoon]
RockMyAmadeus Offline 

TOTAL NEWBIE 

4589.jpg 

PM sent.

Sez you, BlowUp.

error11_zpssxwdcgmb.jpg

You really did send a PM? 

My reply was just giving you a hard time. ;\)

But no, you can't initiate PMs anymore. Let me be more clear: you can "send" PMs, but the recipient won't receive them.

#9796636 - 03/03/17 04:34 AMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: RockMyAmadeus]
slym2none Offline 

Meme mummer

TOTAL NEWBIE 

14166.jpg 
Loc: in a kerfuffle
Except to Arch. Maybe the other mods/admin as well. IDK.

For the purposes of this contest, no.

I'mma shut up now.

-slym
Logan510 in Sept of 2014: I sent a batch of books to RMA to work on and submit for me. The attention to detail, updates, evaluations of each and every book and quick responses to questions really stick out. To say I'm pleased with the results would be an understatement. I don't have the books in hand yet, but the grades were spot on or better than expected in several cases.

The crown jewel of the bunch has to be the X-Men #64, first appearance of Sunfire that came back a 9.8 with white pages. Just that one book alone paid for my trip to Heroes Con ( where I bought it ) 4 times over.

RMA is a good dude, who is very passionate about his craft.

Thank you
Casey
#9796641 - 03/03/17 05:15 AMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: slym2none]
Dog Like Sparky-migration Offline 
Collectosaurus Rex 

37890.jpg 
Loc: Trenzalore
No, keep talking Slym. It makes Jason Bourne's headache move to the background....
#9796646 - 03/03/17 05:20 AMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: Dog Like Sparky-migration]
slym2none Offline 

Meme mummer

TOTAL NEWBIE 

14166.jpg 
What the hell...?

-slym
Logan510 in Sept of 2014: I sent a batch of books to RMA to work on and submit for me. The attention to detail, updates, evaluations of each and every book and quick responses to questions really stick out. To say I'm pleased with the results would be an understatement. I don't have the books in hand yet, but the grades were spot on or better than expected in several cases.

The crown jewel of the bunch has to be the X-Men #64, first appearance of Sunfire that came back a 9.8 with white pages. Just that one book alone paid for my trip to Heroes Con ( where I bought it ) 4 times over.

Thank you
Casey
#9796651 - 03/03/17 05:36 AMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: slym2none]
Collectosaurus Rex 

37890.jpg 

I'm gonna shut up now. No. Don't do that.

I haven't talked to anybody in a while.

Yeah, but we're not talking. I'm talking.

You've said, like, ten words since we left Zurich.

Well, listening to you, um, it's relaxing.

I haven't slept in a while and--

and I've had this headache.

It's like a constant thing inside my head.

And it's just starting to move to the background, so...

keep going
#9796652 - 03/03/17 06:32 AMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: Dog Like Sparky-migration]
Wally's Comics Offline 

You have a perfectly good custom title. There are children in (random economically under developed country name) that would LOVE to have your custom title.

TOTAL NEWBIE 

2489.jpg 
Loc: Hangin' with Blondee
That is so cool. To have an invite in the new boards link you to the old...

I barely hang out in the new boards. It's too corporate and just depressing.

\:\(

#9796653 - 03/03/17 07:01 AMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: Wally's Comics]
Collectosaurus Rex 

37890.jpg 
 Originally Posted By: Wally's Comics
That is so cool. To have an invite in the new boards link you to the old...

I barely hang out in the new boards. It's too corporate and just depressing.

\:\(

I completely agree Wally. I could write a long missive about what is wrong (for me at least ) with the new boards both technically and spiritually but it would serve no purpose. Change happens and we have to live with it. It seems to me that a most important group have been ignored, but that also happens. Luckily for me the change coincides with a personal decision to knock posting on the head (just messing around here until the lights go out). But I do feel sorry for the long standing members who have had something they love ripped up and replaced with a deeply inferior, soulless model. It's a parallel with the industry in a way. Old comics vs new, old site vs new. All we can do I guess is wonder how Rob will React........
#9796657 - 03/03/17 08:12 AMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: RockMyAmadeus]
thirdgreenham Offline 
I'm the eleventy-millionth person to declare the good old days were the bestest! 
TOTAL NEWBIE 

6438.jpg 

PM sent.

Sez you, BlowUp.

error11_zpssxwdcgmb.jpg

But no, you can't initiate PMs anymore. Let me be more clear: you can "send" PMs, but the recipient won't receive them.

Finally....some clarity!

CBCAORG-small.png

#9796678 - 03/03/17 11:32 AMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: thirdgreenham]
trmoore54 Offline 
TOTAL NEWBIE 

9290.jpg 
Loc: Southern California
Friday is March 10 makepoint.gif

sig.jpg
sig.jpg
sig.jpg
sig.jpg
#9796680 - 03/03/17 11:52 AMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: trmoore54]
BlowUpTheMoon Offline 

TOTAL NEWBIE 

8450.jpg 
 Originally Posted By: trmoore54

Thanks. Changed to Saturday, March 11th.

I had copied the text from March Madness 2016 and had forgotten to change the date.
#9796683 - 03/03/17 12:01 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: BlowUpTheMoon]
thirdgreenham Offline 
TOTAL NEWBIE 

6438.jpg 
That's a Green Eggs move. \(tsk\)

CBCAORG-small.png

#9796687 - 03/03/17 12:40 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: thirdgreenham]
mccollect Offline 
Collectosaurus Rex 

23781.gif 
Loc: NY
Grades sent.
#9796689 - 03/03/17 12:57 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: thirdgreenham]
RockMyAmadeus Offline 

TOTAL NEWBIE 

4589.jpg 
 Originally Posted By: thirdgreenham

PM sent.

Sez you, BlowUp.

error11_zpssxwdcgmb.jpg

Finally....some clarity!

Like tomato soup.

#9796690 - 03/03/17 01:12 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: BlowUpTheMoon]
W16227 Offline 
Up 20 words per minute since I signed up 

29147.jpg 
Loc: Chicago area

Thanks. Changed to Saturday, March 11th.

I had copied the text from March Madness 2016 and had forgotten to change the date.

WAGs in...

--- next week?

man that is a long time to sit and second guess myself..........
#9796698 - 03/03/17 02:04 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: RockMyAmadeus]
BlowUpTheMoon Offline 

TOTAL NEWBIE 

8450.jpg 

PM sent.

Sez you, BlowUp.

error11_zpssxwdcgmb.jpg

Finally....some clarity!

Like tomato soup.

With a grilled cheese sandwich on the side.
#9796715 - 03/03/17 10:50 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: BlowUpTheMoon]
BlowUpTheMoon Offline 

TOTAL NEWBIE 

8450.jpg 
Does the Seeding Round matter?
You may choose only one
Yes
No

Votes accepted starting: 03/03/17 10:50 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.

#9796724 - 03/04/17 01:06 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: BlowUpTheMoon]
W16227 Offline 

29147.jpg 
seeding round sure does matter -----

I had a bye last year --- 

I did a mock submission for the bye round - might have ended right there....

instead ended up ~ 5th
#9796730 - 03/04/17 04:04 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: W16227]
thirdgreenham Offline 
TOTAL NEWBIE 

6438.jpg 
It separates the men from the boys. preaching.gif

CBCAORG-small.png

#9796731 - 03/04/17 05:52 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: thirdgreenham]
RockMyAmadeus Offline 

TOTAL NEWBIE 

4589.jpg 
It separates the men from the boys. preaching.gif

You gotta keep 'em separated.

#9796732 - 03/04/17 08:44 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: RockMyAmadeus]
BuscemasAvengers Offline 
Collector is an understatement. 

34220.png 
Loc: Canada
Grades sent via PM on new boards ...

#9796764 - 03/05/17 04:41 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: BuscemasAvengers]
Every Day A Story Offline 
Talkative? 

25637.gif 
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
So, Prize thread and donations? 

Old boards or new boards?

D
"That was nice. All things considered." Captain America, All New X-Men #12

10484934185_7fb25f62a4_t.jpg10374785576_e93d3b32c5_t.jpg14263894389_470f44f300_t.jpg10370296745_f966cbfba2_t.jpg14449184882_583db80c9f_t.jpg14950831964_20b0939b39_t.jpg15547867986_91cd279e7e_t.jpg15384956969_51f2982b54_t.jpg15571573735_97d4faa52b_t.jpg15385264130_b497b97ec8_t.jpg15385941390_b3f0b047fc_t.jpg
#9796777 - 03/06/17 12:33 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: Every Day A Story]
oakman29 Offline 

TOTAL NEWBIE 

11487.jpg 
So are we playing the game on the new boards or old boards?
Old guys like myself are so confused when change occurs. Christo_pull_hair.gif

#9796803 - 03/06/17 06:16 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: oakman29]
thirdgreenham Offline 
TOTAL NEWBIE 

6438.jpg 
 Originally Posted By: oakman29
So are we playing the game on the new boards or old boards?
Old guys like myself are so confused when change occurs. Christo_pull_hair.gif

He's posting the rounds here i.e. All of the scans, round by round. 

Since we are no longer able to initiate PMs here, all submissions of grades are done through the Pm thread that Blowie started with you on the new boards. 

Hope that helps. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

CBCAORG-small.png

#9796808 - 03/06/17 09:06 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: thirdgreenham]
BlowUpTheMoon Offline 

TOTAL NEWBIE 

8450.jpg 
I asked Arch to move this thread over to the new Boards.

Subsequent rounds will be on the new Boards.
#9796815 - 03/07/17 09:02 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: BlowUpTheMoon]
trmoore54 Offline 
TOTAL NEWBIE 

9290.jpg 
Loc: Southern California
Prize donation thread?? \(shrug\)

sig.jpg
sig.jpg
sig.jpg
sig.jpg
#9796843 - 03/09/17 10:45 AMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: trmoore54]
BlowUpTheMoon Offline 

TOTAL NEWBIE 

8450.jpg 
Prize donation thread?? \(shrug\)

Here:
https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/4...t-prize-thread/
#9796848 - 03/09/17 11:11 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: BlowUpTheMoon]
Azkaban Offline 
FACT if I stop posting, trillions and trillions of transistors would be out of work. 

comic.jpg 
Loc: 8.5, are you SERIOUS
WAG's in willy_nilly.gif

sig.jpg

"To the well organized mind, death is but the next great adventure."
"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."
"Time is making fools of us again."
"From this point forth, we shall be leaving the firm foundation of fact and journeying together through the murky marshes of memory into thickets of wildest guesswork."

#9796867 - 03/11/17 12:48 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: BlowUpTheMoon]
spidermanbeyond Offline 
Talkative? 

491.jpg 
Loc: California
Grades sent. Can you confirm. 
#9796868 - 03/11/17 01:24 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: spidermanbeyond]
90sChild Offline 
The Collectinator 

36277.jpg 
bump reminder for everyone because I almost forgot it was due today
#9796871 - 03/11/17 05:12 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: 90sChild]
kav Offline 
TOTAL NEWBIE 

28280.png 
Loc: PIF KILLER
blowie can you confirm for me my grades were spot on?
#9796874 - 03/11/17 08:29 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: kav]
jgallo Offline 

5440.jpg 
Will the grades be posted here, when?

sig.jpg
#9796875 - 03/11/17 08:36 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: jgallo]
BlowUpTheMoon Offline 

TOTAL NEWBIE 

8450.jpg 
Posted here at 10pm (EST) tonight.

After that, this tournament will move into the Please Spare a Grade section on the new Boards.
#9796877 - 03/11/17 09:41 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: BlowUpTheMoon]
letsgrumble Offline 

12186.gif 
Loc: ToRoNTo, ON
Grades submitted!

headbang.gif

Still haven't crossed over and posted in the new boards yet.

Maybe I'm just being... pusillanimous.

letsgrumble's kudos or grumblings feedback thread
#9796878 - 03/11/17 09:52 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: letsgrumble]
BlowUpTheMoon Offline 

TOTAL NEWBIE 

8450.jpg 
bee.gif
#9796879 - 03/11/17 10:00 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: BlowUpTheMoon]
toro Offline 
Pedigreed 

3633.jpg 
bee.gif

bee.gif bee.gif bee.gif bee.gif bee.gif

Every act of dishonesty has at least two victims: the one we think of as the victim, and the perpetrator as well. Each little dishonesty makes another little rotten spot somewhere in the perpetrator's psyche. - Lesley Conger
#9796881 - 03/11/17 10:06 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: BlowUpTheMoon]
BlowUpTheMoon Offline 

TOTAL NEWBIE 

8450.jpg 
The seeding round is closed.
#9796882 - 03/11/17 10:11 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: BlowUpTheMoon]
BlowUpTheMoon Offline 

TOTAL NEWBIE 

8450.jpg 
seeding%20grades_zpsabxv0pmo.jpg
#9796883 - 03/11/17 10:15 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: BlowUpTheMoon]
toro Offline 
Pedigreed 

3633.jpg 
Wow, I was way off on the Batman.

Every act of dishonesty has at least two victims: the one we think of as the victim, and the perpetrator as well. Each little dishonesty makes another little rotten spot somewhere in the perpetrator's psyche. - Lesley Conger
#9796884 - 03/11/17 10:15 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: BlowUpTheMoon]
letsgrumble Offline 

12186.gif 
Loc: ToRoNTo, ON
\:o

letsgrumble's kudos or grumblings feedback thread
#9796885 - 03/11/17 10:17 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: letsgrumble]
W16227 Offline 

29147.jpg 
So wait - how is the Jim scored???
#9796886 - 03/11/17 10:17 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: BlowUpTheMoon]
kav Offline 
TOTAL NEWBIE 

28280.png 
nailed it!
#9796887 - 03/11/17 10:18 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: W16227]
toro Offline 
Pedigreed 

3633.jpg 
 Originally Posted By: W16227

NG=No Grade

#9796888 - 03/11/17 10:22 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: BlowUpTheMoon]
BlowUpTheMoon Offline 

TOTAL NEWBIE 

8450.jpg 
The CGC Slabs:

Warning, Spoiler: 
2017-03-11-0001_zpshngjwvtc.jpg

2017-03-11-0002_zpsqsb40jmd.jpg

2017-03-11-0008_zps0qzty7l4.jpg

2017-03-11-0009_zpsunso8glu.jpg

2017-03-11-0007_zpsvcsk6ucc.jpg

2017-03-11-0006_zpsdxq4zurh.jpg

2017-03-11-0003_zpshs4dkewo.jpg

2017-03-11-0004_zpssphsp9dr.jpg

2017-03-11-0005_zpsy6hrrmrv.jpg
#9796889 - 03/11/17 10:23 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: toro]
W16227 Offline 

29147.jpg 
 Originally Posted By: toro

NG=No Grade

lol - yea but .5 would count as ????
#9796890 - 03/11/17 10:27 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: W16227]
toro Offline 
Pedigreed 

3633.jpg 

NG=No Grade

The same as if it was a 1.0 and you said 1.5 \(shrug\)

#9796891 - 03/11/17 10:28 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: toro]
BlowUpTheMoon Offline 

TOTAL NEWBIE 

8450.jpg 

NG=No Grade

The same as if it was a 1.0 and you said 1.5 \(shrug\)

Yup.
#9796892 - 03/11/17 10:28 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: toro]
Tsp99 Offline 
The Post-man always rings twice. Uhm... ring ring? 

Loc: NC
That JIM 83 coverless is nice. takeit.gif 
#9796894 - 03/11/17 10:35 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: Tsp99]
kav Offline 
TOTAL NEWBIE 

28280.png 
so if we nailed the grade we get the book right?
#9796895 - 03/11/17 10:48 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: kav]
comicquant Offline 

36548.png 
Loc: Indianapolis
Man, I did awful with the moderns 

Edited by comicquant (03/11/17 10:49 PM)
#9796896 - 03/11/17 10:55 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: comicquant]
canickus Offline 
Talkative? 

7768.jpg 
Not a bad round. Hoping for a bye. 
#9796897 - 03/11/17 10:57 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: canickus]
BlowUpTheMoon Offline 

TOTAL NEWBIE 

8450.jpg 
No winner of the four cover Brave & The Bold for nailing this round with bull-eyes. Maybe next year.
#9796898 - 03/11/17 10:59 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: BlowUpTheMoon]
BlowUpTheMoon Offline 

TOTAL NEWBIE 

8450.jpg 
I included the coverless JIM #83 so everyone could get one right. \:\(
#9796899 - 03/11/17 11:18 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: BlowUpTheMoon]
toro Offline 
Pedigreed 

3633.jpg 
No winner of the four cover Brave & The Bold for nailing this round with bull-eyes. Maybe next year.

Well, I got them all right, but CGC got a few wrong, so feel free to send me the B&B. grin.gif

#9796900 - 03/11/17 11:19 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: BlowUpTheMoon]
PATRIOT6 Offline 
Hobbyist 

38537.jpg 
Loc: Manitoba, Canada
Holy BATS, BUGS, and G.I killed me

Archie: "Veronica is taking it!"
#9796901 - 03/11/17 11:22 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: comicquant]
FineCollector Offline 
If you have a dream about out-posting me, you better wake up and apologize. 

Loc: Gatineau, Canada
 Originally Posted By: comicquant
Man, I did awful with the moderns

I guessed... they all look the same to me!

I had 9.2 on the DD, even though I knew it was a trick. No one anywhere pays 9.6 price for that book.

What was wrong with the Spawn?

Edited by FineCollector (03/11/17 11:26 PM)
Edit Reason: Bump to bottom spine corner? Can't tell the shmutz on the case from marks on the book :(

#9796902 - 03/11/17 11:24 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: FineCollector]
BlowUpTheMoon Offline 

TOTAL NEWBIE 

8450.jpg 
We have 89 contestants this year.
#9796903 - 03/11/17 11:25 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: BlowUpTheMoon]
Hado Offline 

Banana Shrimp

TOTAL NEWBIE 

23196.jpg 
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Yikes, not great eek.gif

sig.jpg
#9796904 - 03/11/17 11:33 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: Hado]
grebal Offline 

36639.jpg 
Loc: San Antonio
I imagined some scribble on the back of the Supes so reduced my WAG from 9.6 down to 8.5. And with Toro I had that first book closer to 3.0 than 5. Uggh. Good to tone up a bit as a preamble to the brackets, I like this seeding round idea. 
#9796905 - 03/11/17 11:36 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: grebal]
kav Offline 
TOTAL NEWBIE 

28280.png 
If that book is a 5.0 then I have a ton of 9.8s 
#9796906 - 03/11/17 11:45 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: kav]
Sandflea Offline 
FACT if I stop posting, trillions and trillions of transistors would be out of work. 

17601.jpg 
Loc: the 614, Ohio
Assumed the WBN cover would be a NG, and the JIM 83 a 0.5... icon_facepalm2.gif

Collections: Raws (mostly)/ CGC /LEGO
#9796907 - 03/11/17 11:53 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: oakman29]
BlowUpTheMoon Offline 

TOTAL NEWBIE 

8450.jpg 
Very temporary:

sPSHS6.jpg
#9796908 - 03/11/17 11:59 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: BlowUpTheMoon]
FineCollector Offline 
If you have a dream about out-posting me, you better wake up and apologize. 

Loc: Gatineau, Canada
I don't see my name on the list... that's a bad score for sure! 
#9796909 - 03/12/17 12:01 AMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: FineCollector]
BlowUpTheMoon Offline 

TOTAL NEWBIE 

8450.jpg 
 Originally Posted By: FineCollector

PM sent.
#9796910 - 03/12/17 01:28 AMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: BlowUpTheMoon]
jcjames Offline 
The Post-man always rings twice. Uhm... ring ring? 

30771.jpg 
Loc: Arizona
seeding%20grades_zpsabxv0pmo.jpg

Cool! Three bullseyes! cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif 

But damn, that DD just KILLED me - I called it an 8.0

With the back upper corner tear and what looked like scuffing on the back.... wow. That one hurt. 

cool.gif

#9796911 - 03/12/17 05:54 AMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: BlowUpTheMoon]
stanley1883 Offline 
I was posting here when you were in diapers. 

24839.png 
Loc: Emerald City
I'm having a really tough time finding the bracket and 1st round. Has that been posted yet? Boy these new boards are frustrating me.

Check out our Comic Dead Last

#9796912 - 03/12/17 06:36 AMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: BlowUpTheMoon]
stanley1883 Offline 
I was posting here when you were in diapers. 

24839.png 
Loc: Emerald City
Had no clue how to handle the WBN laminated cover. Bombed that horribly. With the exception I'm pretty happy with my consistency. Not terribly off...

Check out our Comic Dead Last

#9796914 - 03/12/17 09:44 AMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: BlowUpTheMoon]
W16227 Offline 

29147.jpg 

PM sent.

ditto!!

think I am 22-1

three bulls ( 10) 
6 within .5 ( 12) 
1 within 1.0 ( 1 loss)
#9796915 - 03/12/17 09:53 AMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: W16227]
W16227 Offline 

29147.jpg 
Warning, Spoiler: 

PM sent.

ditto!!

think I am 22-1

three bulls ( 10) 
6 within .5 ( 12) 
1 within 1.0 ( 1 loss) 

NEVERMIND... - saw update on the main thread....
#9796917 - 03/12/17 10:12 AMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: BlowUpTheMoon]
thirdgreenham Offline 
TOTAL NEWBIE 

6438.jpg 
I included the coverless JIM #83 so everyone could get one right. \:\( 

lol

CBCAORG-small.png

#9796918 - 03/12/17 12:41 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: thirdgreenham]
BlowUpTheMoon Offline 

TOTAL NEWBIE 

8450.jpg 
The next round has started here:
https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/4...t-round-of-128/
#9796935 - 03/12/17 11:53 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: letsgrumble]
90sChild Offline 
The Collectinator 

36277.jpg 
I undergraded everything i got wrong, at least im consistant lol. Most surprising though was the daredevil with a torn off corner at 9.6. the superman at 9.6 also looked way dirtier to me esp on the back, must have been the scanner glass. Fun round!
#9796947 - 03/14/17 12:31 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: 90sChild]
RockMyAmadeus Offline 

TOTAL NEWBIE 

4589.jpg 
I seeded some tomatoes last year.

The rats got 'em.

#9796979 - 03/15/17 07:17 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: thirdgreenham]
BlowUpTheMoon Offline 

TOTAL NEWBIE 

8450.jpg 

DD
Warning, Spoiler: 
Y4riI5.jpg
ZLjYtc.jpg

Herc
Warning, Spoiler: 
md5MCh.jpg
dJxh2M.jpg

FF
Warning, Spoiler: 
1lZ14J.jpg
TpWtxo.jpg

Flash
Warning, Spoiler: 
cUXWZE.jpg
KxfxPa.jpg
#9796987 - 03/15/17 07:36 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: RockMyAmadeus]
BlowUpTheMoon Offline 

TOTAL NEWBIE 

8450.jpg 

The rats got 'em.

Sell some books and more to a better neighborhood.
#9796990 - 03/15/17 08:03 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: BlowUpTheMoon]
slym2none Offline 

Meme mummer

TOTAL NEWBIE 

14166.jpg 
Why should the better neighborhood get his books and more?

-slym

Thank you
Casey
#9796999 - 03/16/17 01:13 AMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: BlowUpTheMoon]
RockMyAmadeus Offline 

TOTAL NEWBIE 

4589.jpg 

The rats got 'em.

Sell some books and more to a better neighborhood.

Would the better neighborhood then come to mine and catch my rats in exchange for my books?

#9797021 - 03/16/17 10:38 PMbook.gif Re: 2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round [Re: RockMyAmadeus]
BlowUpTheMoon Offline 

TOTAL NEWBIE 

8450.jpg 
Overtime Book
Warning, Spoiler: 
rh3xv7.jpg
rMW4qX.jpg