• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some books from my collection. CLOSED, thank you:)
3 3

167 posts in this topic

I'm going to list about 26 books today. About 1/2 were in the VCC last weekend, I don't think they got much traffic, so I'm going to relist those and lower the prices a bit.

The other books are new, I've never listed them before. They are from my collection and as far as I know, nothing in this thread has been pressed.

Some of the books I'm listing will be from the "Evelyn collection", they are books I bought from her about 11 years ago most of those are low grade, but scarce.

The first person to post a :takeit:either here or in a PM wins.

Shipping is by priority mail. I pack well and don't charge a handling fee. I usually use regional priority boxes if it's cheaper for you.. 

If you spend more than $150, shipping is free in the US. Out of the US, take off $10 if you purchase more than $150.

I accept Paypal, Checks and MO's.

If you want your books shipped quickly, I need payment by Monday. All other purchases will be shipped 3/17.

Returns for any reason within 7 days. If you change your mind, then you pay the return shipping, if I've made an error, I'll pay for it. 

I have some feedback here and on eBay...and of course any questions, just ask:)

Edited by skypinkblu
Added a book

Batman #251

Miss-cut, NCB bend upper right on the back and a tiny bit of damage lower right (pinholes) front, Fine+ (6.5) Bin $265.00.  $245.00  $225  Sold to Tigers Comics

batman 251_0001.jpg

batman 251_0002.jpg

Edited by skypinkblu

Big Shot # 43, Hitler cover.

Nice color, pages in the white range. This book was an easy fine, but it has bug chews on the front cover. There is a 1" tear on one inside page. Grade is Gd/VG (3.0) Bin is $185 $165 Sold to Robot Man

big shot 43_0001.jpg

big shot 43_0002.jpg

Edited by skypinkblu

Captain Midnight #37 Fawcett

There is a crease in the center of the book, but not all the way down (about ½) Corner crease at the bottom and a small tear (less than 1/2”) on the open end. Color is good, pages are in the white range. Grade is VG (4.0) Bin is $65  $60 Sold to Norrin's lawyer

captain midnight 37_0001.jpg

captain midnight 37_0002.jpg

Edited by skypinkblu

Crimes by Women #5, Superior Comics 1949.

This is the Canadian version, although I had no idea it was when I purchased it. The cover is the same.

Grade is Fair/Good. Very nice front and a large piece torn off the back, the cover is attached, but there are spine splits. Pages are in the OW/Cr range. There are not too many around to compare it to. Bin is$65.00   $50.00  $45.00

crimes by women 5_0001.jpg

crimes by women 5_0002.jpg

Edited by skypinkblu
lowered price

Crime SuspenStories #18 SOLD to Black_Adam

A nice looking copy with minor resto. There are 2 very small color touches. I purchased this last year on the boards and it's a great book, just doesn't really fit with the books I'm keeping now. Bin is $40 (my cost)

crime_suspenstories_18.jpg

crime suspenstories 18b.jpg

Edited by skypinkblu

Flash Comics #9, Moldoff Hawkman cover. 1940

Shelly Moldoff drew drew the absolute BEST Flash covers, only his had Hawkman as the feature.  The cover is detached and there is tape on the spine. It does not appear to be all split, but there are some horizontal tears and  I see at least one small split. There is a piece missing on the back at the bottom of the spine. There are two pieces of what look to be medical tape on the book spine. Pages and cover appear to be very supple and the cover has bright colors.

It's not a book I'd normally part with, but I just upgraded, so this is my under copy. Grade is in the Good range, Bin is $325.00 Sold

flash 9_0001.jpg

flash 9_0002.jpg

flash 9_0003.jpg

flash 9.jpg

Edited by skypinkblu

Flash Comics #11, Moldoff cover with a giant ape and Hawkman! 1940

This one is from the Evelyn Collection.

The cover is detached, and the inside pages are readable, and look like they are in the white range, the first 3 wraps are split.  I don't think they split from brittleness, I believe they were cut. The edges are very even and there seems to be a tiny bit of the spine missing, a few other wraps look like they were cut for a few inches from the bottom up.

These were only 10 cent toys at one time;) so a new pair of scissors and "Fun";)

There are pieces torn off 3 pages, affecting the art (see scan). The centerfold looks nice and is supple, but it and all of it's brothers are detached (there are no staples in the book). It's low grade, but has a great Moldoff cover and is perfect if you need a cover or a centerfold. I know I made it sound dreadful, but it's not. It's just well loved;)  Bin is $165.   $150   $135.00

flash 11.jpg

flash 11_0002.jpg

flash_11_0001.jpg

flash 11_0003.jpg

flash 11_0004.jpg

Edited by skypinkblu
lowered price

8 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

Crime SuspenStories #18

A nice looking copy with minor resto. There are 2 very small color touches. I purchased this last year on the boards and it's a great book, just doesn't really fit with the books I'm keeping now. Bin is $40 (my cost)

crime_suspenstories_18.jpg

crime suspenstories 18b.jpg

:takeit:

Flash #54, 1944

Cover is detached, there are small tears at the bottom and two small corners are missing.  Pages are supple, color is great. 

Another Moldoff cover. Grade is Good, Bin is $85.00  Sold to Robbie C

flash 54_0001.jpg

flash 54_0002.jpg

flash 54_0003.jpg

Edited by skypinkblu

Flash #94, the later books in this run tend to be harder to find.

Great front cover (Kubert!) , OW pages, small tear at the bottom of the spine, some creasing and dust shadows on the back lowers the grade to VG/F (5.0) bin is $465.00  $395.00 Sold to  40YrsCollctngCmcs

Flash 94_0001.jpg

Flash 94_0002.jpg

Edited by skypinkblu

Haunt of Fear #17 EC

Classic cover

Pages are OW/CR, there is a sub crease, pieces off 3 corners, nice spine. Grade is VG- (3.5) Bin is $185.00 $150 Sold

haunt of fear 17_0001.jpg

haunt of fear 17_0002.jpg

•  
Edited by skypinkblu
sold

House of Mystery #143

First Jonn Jonzz in series, first SA Manhunter. Great color and OW pages, some long creases Grade is VG(4.0) Bin is $44.00 $40.00   $35.00

house_of_mystery_143_0001.jpg

house_of_mystery_143_0002.jpg

Edited by skypinkblu

Leading Comics #8, 1942, Seven Soldier of Victory. Green Arrow! Sold to Norrin's Lawyer

Crease lower right, some ncb creasing higher, stain on back. This has always been an undervalued series.

Somewhere between VG+ and VG/F Bin is $165.  $155.00   $140

leading 8_0001.jpg

leading 8_0002.jpg

Edited by skypinkblu

Master Comics #55

Great color, pages in the OW range. There is a long non color breaking bend on the right side, small crease bottom right, large one upper right. Grade is Fine- (5.5) Bin is $115  $105 sold! to Entalmighty1

entalmighty1

master_comics_55_0001.jpg

master comics 55_0002.jpg

Edited by skypinkblu

Master Comics #100

Scarce, 3 on the Census.

Small tears at the staples, but they are attached. 2/3” tear mid spine, vertical crease lower area of spine, small corner crease lower right. Small tear (1/4”) on one of the inside pages. Grade is VG (4.0) Bin is $135.00 $125.00  $110   $100

master comics 100_0001.jpg

master comics 100_0002.jpg

Edited by skypinkblu
lowered price

Showcase #15, 1st Space Ranger.

Nice color, a tiny bit of color touch at the bottom of the front (black), a small cover spine split at the top of the cover, a 1/4" split at the bottom, that goes through all the pages, small piece of tape on the back, non color breaking creasing tht you might not see in the scan. Pages seem to be supple (but the book might be designated as slightly brittle because of that bottom corner.

OSG is $162 in Good, $324 in VG, bin is $105.00  $90.00 Sold to Azkaban

showcase 15_0001.jpg

showcase 15_0002.jpg

Edited by skypinkblu

Sparkler Comics #39, Hogarth Tarzan and Dinosaur cover. 

Nice color, pages in the white range and supple, some creases near the spine, a stain on the back cover (moisture), centerfold is detached and there is that spine roll. Grade is about Gd/VG. 3.0, a raw VG just sold on Heritage for $119.50

Bin is $75.00 $65.00  $58.00

sparkler 39_0001.jpg

sparkler 39_0002.jpg

Edited by skypinkblu
lowered price