• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some books from my collection. CLOSED, thank you:)
3 3

167 posts in this topic

Super-Magic #1.  Street and Smith, 1941 From the Evelyn collection.

This is a one shot, that was published separated from the Super Magician series. It stars the same hero, Blackstone the Magician. Although the Super Magician series is not terribly expensive, it's got some great stories.

The cover on this is in the VG range, colors are brilliant, it's supple with some inside tanning at the spine, the cover paper is sturdy with great gloss. The pages, when you open the book appear to be light and supple, until you get to the centerfold. At the centerfold, there is a spine split going down about 3 inches, that at least 4 wraps. It's a book that will look good in a mylar, but I'm grading it fair. It's readable with no flaking, but you'd have to be careful. Grade is Low something, Bin is $95.00 Sold 

super magician_0001.jpg

super magician_0002.jpg

Edited by skypinkblu

Super Magician Vol 1, #3 Street and Smith 1942

There are 5 on the census.

A great purple cover.  Blackstone the Magician in one of his amazing adventures. 

There is a hard to see diagonal crease and a crease near the lower staple. Slight amount of rust at the lower staple. Pages are in the white range and colors are wonderful (esp inside) but not quite as white as that scan shows. The book is scanning too dark and I something I never do,  a correction for the inside page, but it's a little too white.

Grade is in the VG range. Bin is $95Sold 

super%20magician%20v1%201_0001.jpg

super_magician_3.jpg

super magician 3_0001.jpg

Edited by skypinkblu

Superman #59 Early or first use of Heat vision (per OSG)  Sold to Robbie C

MXYZPTLK  appearance!

Superman uses his "x-ray" vision to melt a glacier.

The book looks nice, but the cover is split, it's still hanging on to the bottom staple by a thread.

Pages are starting to tan, but are readable. 

Grade is Fair, bin is $75.00

superman 59_0001.jpg

superman 59_0002.jpg

Edited by skypinkblu

Teen Titans #1

Some light bends in the middle of the top cover, small corner crease lower right and one on the back cover that is in the same place, but did not go through, Stain on back cover, upper right. Some light dirt on the back. It looks better than I'm making it sound. Grade is VG+ or maybe VG/F. Bin is $88 $80  $70

teen titans 1_0001.jpg58b089208ec24_teentitans1_0002.thumb.jpg.2a64e10ce20c7c78d25309546f0e758f.jpg

Edited by skypinkblu

Thrilling #7, Skull/Skeleton cover, Better Publications 1940 (Nedor),

5 on the census. This is a very scarce book from the Evelyn collection.

The pages are nice, cover is split. Color and gloss is nice. 

The last recorded sale I can find is from 2014, a 6.0 sold for $1135 Bin is $425Sold 

thrilling #7_0001.jpg

thrilling #7_0002.jpg

thrilling #7.jpg

Edited by skypinkblu

Wings #86 Fiction House SOLD to AJD

Fiction House

Great color, pages OW/W, bend upper left, a few minor creases/lines grade is Fine -(5.5) or a little better. Bin is $72   $65.00 $55.00

wings_86_0001.jpg

58b0108281326_wings86_0002.thumb.jpg.4b4f4f6a2635a5092595de4109c3440a.jpg

Edited by skypinkblu

World's Finest #58, Totem Pole cover. 1952 from the  scarce part of the run.

Small tears at the staple, OW/cr pages, nice color, small piece off at the center of the spine..

Grade is GD/VG or maybe a drop better. Bin is $110  Sold to Robbie C

worlds_finest_58_0002.jpg

worlds_finest_58_0001.jpg

Edited by skypinkblu
forgot to add pictures

Wonderworld #4, Lou Fine cover and probably my favorite of the run. They are all special, but this one is just elegant. From the Evelyn Collection. 
Color is great and the cover although split  is supple, but the spine of the inside pages is not, there is lots of splitting at the spine. It's a low grade, but very hot book. I don't think you will find a less expensive copy easily. Bin is $325.00Sold 

wonderworld 4_0001.jpg

wonderworld 4_0002.jpg

wonderworld 4_0003.jpg

wonderworld 4_0004.jpg

Edited by skypinkblu

3 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

Wonderworld #4, Lou Fine cover and probably my favorite of the run. They are all special, but this one is just elegant. From the Evelyn Collection. 
Color is great and the cover although split  is supple, but the spine of the inside pages is not, there is lots of splitting at the spine. It's a low grade, but very hot book. I don't think you will find a less expensive copy easily. Bin is $325.00

wonderworld 4_0001.jpg

wonderworld 4_0002.jpg

wonderworld 4_0003.jpg

wonderworld 4_0004.jpg

:takeit:

Wonderworld #11, Fox, Gorgeous purple cover, nice cover colors!.

The cover is detached, there is chipping at all 4 corners, but the rest of the page seems to be OK, there is a tape pull at the top of the book left, and there is some ink from a fountain pen around the pull,  don't know if that would be considered Slight A, but in this grade it doesn't really matter. Tape inside the cover spine.  A 3.5 with a detached cover sold on Clink the other night for $900 this is anywhere from a fair to a fair/gd. My asking price here is $475 and again, I don't think you will find a less expensive copy.  Bin is $475 SOLD

wonderworld 11_0001.jpg

wonderworld 11_0003.jpg

wonderworld 11_0004.jpg

wonderworld_11_0002.jpg

Edited by skypinkblu

Zegra #2, 7 are on the census.

There is a small bug chew on the spine  nice color, nice pages, a little staining from the reds inside the cover ) which happens a lot on these books). A spot of moisture damage on the back cover , a chew on the bottom and a bug chewed corner on the upper left back cover. Front is in better shape than the back.  Grade is Gd/VG (3.0) Bin is $85   $75.00  $70

58bb0431e4634_zegra2_0001.thumb.jpg.bdd44e0545a960e3c5f28939573cfcc3.jpg

58b05a1d37623_zegra2_0002.thumb.jpg.27e59db7c359f1612b5c841119213042.jpg

zegra 2_0001.jpg

Edited by skypinkblu

Congrats . Jim on Wonderworld # 4 . I just picked one up at Christmas from Comic Connect. Great  under appreciated 2nd Flame . I love that book.:banana:

31 minutes ago, PUNYHUMAN said:

Congrats . Jim on Wonderworld # 4 . I just picked one up at Christmas from Comic Connect. Great  under appreciated 2nd Flame . I love that book.:banana:

I love that cover..... Metro had a sweet copy a few years ago and I kept trying to get the nerve up to do time payments.... and someone plucked it from the vine. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

3 minutes ago, PUNYHUMAN said:

Was that the File copy one? It came with a envelope from Fox?

All I remember was it was a VF or better and was around 3K ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu