• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some books from my collection. CLOSED, thank you:)
3 3

167 posts in this topic

The Thrilling #7 and Wonderworld #4 are tough books.  I would have jumped all over those but I have copies.  The WW is a very much underappreciated Lou Fine cover, imo.  The detail on the horses is exquisite.  Great pickup, Jim and someone should steal that Thrilling.

Some really nice books here, Sha.

12 minutes ago, PUNYHUMAN said:

I think that was the same one. Either way , you have a copy . Again congrats on your purchase.:banana:

Thinking about seeing what Matt and Kenny can do with it......if I didn't have taxes coming up Id jump on the 11 and the Thrilling as well.......GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

29 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

Thinking about seeing what Matt and Kenny can do with it......if I didn't have taxes coming up Id jump on the 11 and the Thrilling as well.......GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

You and me both the tax is taking this year :cry:

Taxes...I could refer you all to my husband;) He's currently locked in his office, that's why I have time to list today;) I'm not sure I want to open the door and see who he's yelling at...calmly speaking to;) I did hear the words shoe box and NO...;)

Thanks Gino, Larry, Jeff, Jim, Puny;) and anyone I missed. 
I'm going to post some more well loved books tonight, because our dinner plans canceled, but I'll be slow. I have to post and scan...and they will not be in order, but there are some cool books in this new pile:)

All Flash #9, Sold 

I bought this a while ago at a show, as a Fine+, I'm not sure it's that high, I feel more comfortable with Fine minus. There is a small crease on the back upper left, and on the front, some paper loss top right corner, just the top layer is missing. Spine lines. Color is great, and the pages are very nice.

Bin is $225.00 $200

all flash 9_0001.jpg

all flash 9_0002.jpg

Edited by skypinkblu

7 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

Flash Comics #9, Moldoff Hawkman cover. 1940

Shelly Moldoff drew drew the absolute BEST Flash covers, only his had Hawkman as the feature.  The cover is detached and there is tape on the spine. It does not appear to be all split, but there are some horizontal tears and  I see at least one small split. There is a piece missing on the back at the bottom of the spine. There are two pieces of what look to be medical tape on the book spine. Pages and cover appear to be very supple and the cover has bright colors.

It's not a book I'd normally part with, but I just upgraded, so this is my under copy. Grade is in the Good range, Bin is $325.00

flash 9_0001.jpg

flash 9_0002.jpg

flash 9_0003.jpg

flash 9.jpg

:takeit:Per Pm

'

Detective Comics #51, 1941. Sold to chickenwings

Noted as having THE most detailed cover in the run. I don't know if that is true, but that was what the notes said.

The book   has the cover split almost the whole way, it is barely holding at the bottom staple and probably won't be. There is a piece of tape and some holes, it was in a collect that was sewn together at one time. Pages are OK, but tanning. It is complete with no restoration that I see. 

A 3.5 sold very recently for $600, so I'm going to ask $235 shipped for this one.

detective 51_0001.jpg

detective 51_0002.jpg

Edited by skypinkblu

8 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

Captain Midnight #37 Fawcett

There is a crease in the center of the book, but not all the way down (about ½) Corner crease at the bottom and a small tear (less than 1/2”) on the open end. Color is good, pages are in the white range. Grade is VG (4.0) Bin is $65  $60

captain midnight 37_0001.jpg

captain midnight 37_0002.jpg

:takeit:

Green Lantern Comics #14, 1944 SOLD to Robot Man

This was always a tough book to find. The cover is detached, and there is tanning inside. It's OK, but fragile, There are a few torn pieces on the right edge. Pages are supple, but tanning. A raw Gd/VG (3.0) sold on Heritage last May for $191. this is not a 3.0, more like a 1.8, so I'm going to ask $115

green lantern 14a.jpg

green lantern 14_0002.jpg

green lantern 14_0003.jpg

Edited by skypinkblu