• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED Junk Sale! Lots of Weird old Funny Books!
3 3

110 posts in this topic

Well it ain't the Jon Berk collection... As a matter of fact, he probably used stuff like this as padding to send his books to CGC. But, maybe some interesting stuff in all genres. I've been upgrading and buying a lot lately so time to part with some. Mostly all GA books. Crime, Horror, Men in tights, Teenage, Funny, some Baker and general weirdness. Some real in demand stuff and some not so much. NO toys, pinbacks, premiums or other boring stuff probably. Have some fun kids!

Rules:

No problem children or HOS members.

Postage is $5.00 each for comic, very well packaged. I will combine postage on multiple purchases. All will come with tracking.

I prefer to sell only to US addresses but might make an exception if I know you and you are willing to pay the postage...

PM's and offers... I am trying to sell this stuff and want to get as much listed as I can. I try to price fairly. I probably won't have a lot of time to review PMs if I want to get this stuff listed. An "I'LL TAKE IT" icon takes it first. So, keep that in mind if you want something. When I get done, I will review PMs (in order of when they came in). If you have a question (other than a lower offer) post it and I will try to answer you.

Payment is by PayPal within 3 days FIRM. I will also take checks and money orders if you let me know after I send you an invoice. This will probably run two days but might spill over a day if necessary.

Returns: No hassle returns within two weeks from when tracking says it was delivered. Return postage is on you unless I make a gross error and in that case I will "man-up" and pay return postage. I don't expect any returns though as I've only had 3 or 4 in 40 years.

This stuff all comes from a smoke filled, varmit infested, mouldy junk house. (Just kidding!) Here we go...

Edited by Robot Man

First up:

Authentic Police Cases #20 August 1952

Nice pre-code crime with Matt Baker cover and interior art.

A bright, clean, tight, bright copy. Has a slight spine roll. A couple small tears and light wrinkling. Centerfold neatly detached at top staple. Small tear at top of back cover. Pages are supple and slightly yellowed.

$30.00

authpolicecases20a_zpssyakdxel.jpg

authpolicecases20b_zpspeytigbm.jpg

SOLD!

Tex Taylor The Fighting Cowboy #1 1948 Marvel Comic (tough Canada edition)

A nice, flat, bright complete copy. Smooth, tight spine. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. No tears or creases. Has a small, light stain on left edge on back cover as well as bottom edge of front cover in middle. Interior pages are yellowing but supple with no tears or creases. A real nice copy overall and a hard to find Canadian variant.

$35.00

textaylor1.jpg_zps8lmsr4uq.jpg

textaylor2_zpspw6agof6.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Lover's Lane #33 March 1953 Lev Gleason

Recently used in the "creepy guy" thread in GA!

Flat, clean, complete copy. Has a neat upper spine split about 2". Has a tiny chip out of bottom right corner. A little discoloration at top and right edge. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. No tears or creases. Yellowed but supple pages.

$15.00

loverslane1_zps3hk0thvw.jpg

loverslane2_zpsusjmswmm.jpg

Abbot and Costello #10 August 1950 St. John Publishers

Slightly oversized book. Has good girl art including a Son of Sinbad story by Joe Kubert.

Clean, bright complete copy. Has a slightly flattened and rolled spine. Very light fading along top and right edge. A few light bends in back of book. Book and centerfold bound well to book. Off white/yellow pages but supple and nice.

WAS $50.00.  NOW $45.00

abbottcostello10a_zpsympi40wc.jpg

abbottcostello10b_zpsxei1erlx.jpg

abbottcostello10c_zpsotqzoahj.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Willie #15 August 1948 Marvel Comics

Here's a good one. One of the best Marvel teenage comics. Great green, golf cover and the classic Marvel gag cover.

Bright, clean copy BUT the centerfold is missing... Has the printing defect on right side as all copies do. Has a slight spine roll. A few folds and bends. Has a little light water damage including slightly rusty staples that migrate to centerfold. Cover is neatly detached. Interior pages are off white and supple. Damage is sad but I was happy to find it. Took me years to upgrade and cost me an arm and leg to do so. You are obviously buying this for the cover anyway.

$50.00

willie15a_zpscgdiduua.jpg

willie15b_zps2omd3ilr.jpg

Edited by Robot Man
sold

SOLD!

Ozzie and Babs #9 February 1949 Fawcett Publications

A cool companion to the previous book. Classic good girl art and great golf gag cover. Had to buy it when I found it. I just got a nice Crippen copy so this one is up for grabs.

A clean, bright, complete copy. Top staple is coming loose but bottom one is attached pretty well. A couple very small front cover chips. Largest is at the top. Small hole, chip in middle of spine. Light water damage at top of both covers. Centerfold is very secure. Interior pages are yellowed/off white and clean.

$50.00

ozziebabs9a_zpsw7zt9cw7.jpg

ozziebabs9b_zpsvwoxu2tv.jpg

Edited by Robot Man
sold

Star Spangled #130 July 1952 DC Publications

Scarce, last issue. Great series with horror content taking over the Robin series. Has a Batman cameo in Robin story and a great Tomahawk story. I love this series.All great reads.

Clean, flat, bright and complete. Covers are neatly split and detached. Tiny chip in upper right corner. No other tears or creases. Centerfold is tight to book. Interior pages are white and fresh with no tears or creases. Shame about the split covers but they used pretty cheap paper and sometimes you gotta take them the way you find them...

$50.00

starspangled130a_zpsqwy4dchz.jpg

starspangled130b_zpsj7yootqu.jpg

12 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Ozzie and Babs #9 February 1949 Fawcett Publications

A cool companion to the previous book. Classic good girl art and great golf gag cover. Had to buy it when I found it. I just got a nice Crippen copy so this one is up for grabs.

A clean, bright, complete copy. Top staple is coming loose but bottom one is attached pretty well. A couple very small front cover chips. Largest is at the top. Small hole, chip in middle of spine. Light water damage at top of both covers. Centerfold is very secure. Interior pages are yellowed/off white and clean.

$50.00

ozziebabs9a_zpsw7zt9cw7.jpg

ozziebabs9b_zpsvwoxu2tv.jpg

:takeit:

34 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Willie #15 August 1948 Marvel Comics

Here's a good one. One of the best Marvel teenage comics. Great green, golf cover and the classic Marvel gag cover.

Bright, clean copy BUT the centerfold is missing... Has the printing defect on right side as all copies do. Has a slight spine roll. A few folds and bends. Has a little light water damage including slightly rusty staples that migrate to centerfold. Cover is neatly detached. Interior pages are off white and supple. Damage is sad but I was happy to find it. Took me years to upgrade and cost me an arm and leg to do so. You are obviously buying this for the cover anyway.

$50.00

willie15a_zpscgdiduua.jpg

willie15b_zps2omd3ilr.jpg

Take it

SOLD!

Authentic Police Cases #11 Feb 1951 St. John Publications

Great Matt Baker good girl cover!

Complete copy with nice color. Cover is detached from book. Piece of tape at top of spine. Some creasing and small tears mostly along spine in back. Centerfold well attached. Interior pages are dirty but supple. Kind of a mess but a good filler until a nice one turns up.

$30.00

authpolicecases11a_zpsmozopeck.jpg

authpolicecases11b_zpsemqmipld.jpg

Edited by Robot Man
sold

2 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Authentic Police Cases #11 Feb 1951 St. John Publications

Great Matt Baker good girl cover!

Complete copy with nice color. Cover is detached from book. Piece of tape at top of spine. Some creasing and small tears mostly along spine in back. Centerfold well attached. Interior pages are dirty but supple. Kind of a mess but a good filler until a nice one turns up.

$30.00

authpolicecases11a_zpsmozopeck.jpg

authpolicecases11b_zpsemqmipld.jpg

I'll Take It 

SOLD!

Manhunt #4 Jan 1948 ME Publications

Love this under rated title. Mix of crime and horror with a lot of great covers. This one is no exception. Nice Daliesque surrealistic cover with death's head and bony finger. LB Cole story. Wild contents including a skinny dipping girl, hanging and good girl art.

Bright, complete copy. Has a tear at top of spine about 3" long. Cover is essentially detached from book. A few chips on edge and bottom of spine. Bound a little askew. A few creases. General wear. Centerfold is tight to book. Interior paper is yellowed but supple. Scarce issue.

$45.00

manhunt4a_zpsz4cdecyn.jpg

manhunt4b_zpssolwajim.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Speed Comics #41 Jan 1946 Harvey Publications

Tough title with great contents including the Black Cat and Capt. Freedom.

A nice, clean, complete copy. Top corner is slightly rounded. Tiny chip out of bottom right corner. A couple tiny edge tears. Worst is a 1/2" in top of back cover. Back cover has a light thin creases about 4" long. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Interior pages are supple and clean. Very presentable copy from a hard to find title.

$100.00

speed41a_zpsd3vzoaso.jpg

speed41b_zps48zkqtgc.jpg

Giant Comics Editions #6 Western Picture Stories 1949 St. John 132 page Annual

Cool Matt Baker cover and some interior art. Lots of girl art, headlights and violence.  These suckers are tough to find. I just got an upgrade about two bumps so this one is available or it would be back in the box.

Complete copy. Has some pieces missing around cover edges as seen in photos. A couple small holes punched in cover. Small name "bruce" in ink on cover. Some light creasing. Paper spine is complete and book is bound well to covers. Interior paper is yellowed but very supplewith nothing missing. Lower grade but very presentable and just try to find one...

WAS $150.00.  NOW $125.00

giantcomicsed6a_zpsaohjh2bw.jpg

giantcomicsed6b_zpskefgccru.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Tom Mix Ralston Comics #6 1941

Cool Ralston Cereal giveaway with great art.

Missing the back cover otherwise complete. Front cover is detached. A few small pieces of tale on side of cover. Looks like a piece replaced on right side but kind of weird as it looks fine on inside? Maybe surface color off? Nice, supple interior paper. Came from the fabled "Paul" collection and his name is written at the top of first page in pencil.

WAS $25.00.  Now $20.00

tommix1_zpsx3xjmasb.jpg

tommix2_zpsgauekymu.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

OK, I lied, How about a cool toy?

Popeye 1930's Party Game. Bright, colorful un-used "Pin the Tail on Popeye" game original box. Box has a small edge tear and is slightly warped. Interior contents are bright and un=used. Cool display piece!

WAS $45.00.  NOW $40.00 + $8.50 postage

popeyepartygame1_zpskvu7avkf.jpg

popeyepartygame2_zps8h3xmeai.jpg

Edited by Robot Man