• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FBS Spring Sales Thread(CLOSED)
1 1

244 posts in this topic

Before the Carnage begins I want to pause and address a couple of questions I get every sales thread.

1.) International buyers especially new board members - There is no way to ship cheaply overseas none. 1st class is almost as expensive now as flat rate is which is your best option. I say this because almost every time I get an international buyer that freaks when they get the shipping bill at end of my sale. I ship at my cost and packing. I wish I could ship it cheaper to you its just not possible. Flat rate is your best choice, but its comes at a cost and a certain number of books you can get it safely.

2.) Grading - I grade no higher then NM+ 9.6 and NM+ is perfect to me. I don't care if the book is perfect in every form its still NM+ for me. Why? To protect my reputation as a seller and to allow the buyer if they so choose to slab the book to get a higher grade. Ask Junkdrawer I sold him 4 Scooby 12s newsstands last year as 9.6 they all came back 9.8. He got the benefit and my reputation doesn't take a hit.

3.) Back Scans -  I will be more then happy to back scan any book for you just ask. Otherwise I usually wont back scan unless I grade it NM+ or its over say $20 or so. Otherwise it just takes up too much time. I encourage questions about any books.

Those 3 questions I get in PMs will get referred to this post this time around.

Edited by fastballspecial

For those that don’t know me I am 100% ebay feedback seller for over 16+ years here is a link to my feedback   HERE I grade and pack my comics well and my feedback shows as much. I dont grade above 9.6 NM+ on any raw book. I do this to both protect my reputation and to benefit the buyer on the chance it does grade higher. I have a Kudo's thread as well   HERE 
Packing
I ship in 10 x 15 bubble mailers(Media/1st class only) with tons of oversized cardboard to protect the books and switch over to boxes after like 8 books or so. Your books will get to you safely I pack very well. I use a ton of oversized cardboard and secure books inside double bagged taped down, so they wont move or get corner dinged in shipping.
Flat rate envelopes get the same treatment and I ship long version so I can get a little longer cardboard in the mailer. I ship my comics how I would like them shipped to me.
Payment Methods
Paypal, Money Order/Cashier Check, and Personal Check (Business Hold will apply). I send out spreedsheets at the end of each sales thread to double check and to make sure everything is correct.
Shipping
US Shipping
Priority Mail Flat Rate
$6.00 for up to 12-14 books. Remember more books means less packing. I use legal flat rates so they are much longer and packing is much better in them, but keep in mind the more you put in the less packing I can use.
Media Mail
I got no problem using Media mail, but the buyer must accept the fact that it may be opened and damaged in inspection.  Which is out of my hands.  If you are not comfortable with this then don't select media mail when I send you a quote. If you are okay with that risk then its $5.50 unlimited books. I will pack them in a cardboard brick for safe transit. It will take you time to open them.
International Shipping
I am sorry to say, but shipping internationally got much more expensive with a rate change this past year.
Canada
Flat Rate Envelope - $23.50 (12-14 books is max) Again I use legal flat rates which are longer so I can pack better. First Class Shipping - $15.00 one book add $1.00 per book after that up to about 4-6 books then the weight makes it unable to do more and will have to switch to flat rate.
Rest of World
Flat Rate Envelope - $32.50 (12-14 book max) (Post Office Rate Change)
I can also ship flat rate box as well. I can get your quotes on med or large box if needed. It is cheaper to ship in a Priority Long box then 2 flat rate envelopes. It is slightly cheaper to some countries via flat rate and I will refund if it is.
Priority Box Version - I can fit about 28 books well packed with cardboard in a priority regular long box. This cost would be subject to weight and location of shipment. It is still much cheaper then a Medium Flat rate long box.
I ship all over the world, but please inquire on rates. Some international buyers still don't understand there is no way to ship comics cheap international. Once you pass a flat rate envelope of say 12-15 books the cost sky rockets.
Disclaimer
HOS members please don't bother as me I wont honor your transactions no matter what. You earned your spot there. There are two board members who I would suggest not to participate in this thread. They know who they are and have been told in the past not to purchase from me.
Return Policy
Notify me and simply return the book if you are unhappy I will refund no issues. Please keep it within a month's time I think that is more then enough time to review a book.
As always the   :takeit: trumps anything including PMs. Pay attention to this for those that negotiate via PM you can lose a book this way.

Taking a break for a bit to go to grocery store will be back later tonight with another dozen or so.

In the meantime someone tell me how I can eliminate this annoying space between lines  as I am typing really bothersome. I know its a setting, but I can find it.

Edited by fastballspecial

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

Marvel Team Up 53 - 1st Byrne X-men I think NM- 9.2 - $10.00

Amazing Spider-man 127 - NBCs along front spine(Press can help) - VF+ 8.5 - $14.00

Amazing Spider-man 410 Carnage Cover NM- 9.2 - $9.00

Marvel Tales 98 - Fine 6.0 - $6.50

D6vsShUm.jpgqRlAhIvm.jpgYr14G8Dm.jpgP4jHglKm.jpg

Marvel Tales 98 :takeit: