• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

World's rarest comic?

58 posts in this topic

Wow it's equivalent to the upside down jenny holy smokes I better buy it wow!!!

Well the rarest comic didnt sell so he's slashed price in 1/2!!!!

yeah no

http://www.ebay.com/itm/172573300134?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

and boy he's tagging everything he can think of to try and find a sucker:

tags:  x-men uncanny xmen x men the amazing fantasy spider-man spiderman sensational spider man spidey comic book first issue copy original peter parker bob barker not a reprint 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 15 CGC incredible hulk wolverine jean grey storm Logan the movie collectible investment marvel comics stan lee first second third fourth fifth sixth seventh eighth ninth tenth aunt may uncle ben rice appearance iron man captain marvel planet america DC batman superman star wars toys game x-factor deadpool fantastic four avengers iceman beast cyclops professor x magneto comiccon cosplay scorpion venom rhino electro hobgolin green goblin vulture doctor octopus lizard jackal black cat web of kingpin new rare bishop vs days of future past memorabilia double cover misprint mistake

Edited by kav

Just now, kav said:

Well the rarest comic didnt sell so he's slashed price in 1/2!!!!

yeah no

http://www.ebay.com/itm/172573300134?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Ifonlyihadtherarestcomicintheworldiwouldsellandbuycapsandknivesformycapsandknivescollection.

1 minute ago, oakman29 said:

Ifonlyihadtherarestcomicintheworldiwouldsellandbuycapsandknivesformycapsandknivescollection.

THIS

3 minutes ago, spoonbowlcereal said:

I get it.  I may have hyped it up a bit.  At least I got people interested in it - and look, you're still following and sharing/promoting it.  It is still a very, very rare comic.  How many double cover X-Men #1's do you really think are out there?

Howmanyspoonbowlsofcerealarethere?

3 minutes ago, spoonbowlcereal said:

I get it.  I may have hyped it up a bit.  At least I got people interested in it - and look, you're still following and sharing/promoting it.  It is still a very, very rare comic.  How many double cover X-Men #1's do you really think are out there?

some advice-people are suspicious of ebayers selling high dollar comics when they have no history of selling comics.  There are a lot of scammers out there and we've seen it all.  Also posting 'Hey guys, I came across this video about an X-Men #1 comic that has a double cover misprint.  I never seen anything like this:'   makes you look fraudulent

5 minutes ago, spoonbowlcereal said:

PS.  You're supposed to tag with relevant keywords it so that it's easy to find.  Not too many people go to eBay to search specifically for an X-Men #1 Double Cover.

and how is peter parker bob barker DC batman etc etc etc 'relevant'?

2 minutes ago, kav said:

some advice-people are suspicious of ebayers selling high dollar comics when they have no history of selling comics.  There are a lot of scammers out there and we've seen it all.  Also posting 'Hey guys, I came across this video about an X-Men #1 comic that has a double cover misprint.  I never seen anything like this:'   makes you look fraudulent

It's true.  I never have seen anything like it before.

3 minutes ago, kav said:

Got it.  I shouldn't sell it on my account because I don't have a history of selling comics.  Should I just go ahead and sell it on someone else's account?   Can I sell it on yours?

2 minutes ago, spoonbowlcereal said:

It's true.  I never have seen anything like it before.

So you 'came across this video' that YOU MADE?

sure thing

2 minutes ago, spoonbowlcereal said:

Got it.  I shouldn't sell it on my account because I don't have a history of selling comics.  Should I just go ahead and sell it on someone else's account?   Can I sell it on yours?

Don't get upset spoonful of sugar , your time will come.

5 minutes ago, spoonbowlcereal said:

I'm just telling you the reality of the situation.  People are suspicious of first time comic sellers selling high dollar books.  You may not be aware of it but there have been a huge number of fraudulent sellers on ebay trying to do this and we've exposed so many of them it gets boring.

6 minutes ago, kav said:

I'm just telling you the reality of the situation.  People are suspicious of first time comic sellers selling high dollar books.  You may not be aware of it but there have been a huge number of fraudulent sellers on ebay trying to do this and we've exposed so many of them it gets boring.

It's absolutely legit.  2 Questions:

1. What can I do to prove to anyone that might be worried that it's not a legit comic and a legit seller?

2. Would it have sold for $10K+ if people weren't worried about a first time high dollar comic seller?