World's rarest comic?
1 1

58 posts in this topic

45,825 posts

Wow it's equivalent to the upside down jenny holy smokes I better buy it wow!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,587 posts

An old friend has one that I graded 5.0 outside and 6.0 inside.  Not that rare...  But cool nonetheless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45,825 posts

Well the rarest comic didnt sell so he's slashed price in 1/2!!!!

yeah no

 http://www.ebay.com/itm/172573300134?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

and boy he's tagging everything he can think of to try and find a sucker:

tags:  x-men uncanny xmen x men the amazing fantasy spider-man spiderman sensational spider man spidey comic book first issue copy original peter parker bob barker not a reprint 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 15 CGC incredible hulk wolverine jean grey storm Logan the movie collectible investment marvel comics stan lee first second third fourth fifth sixth seventh eighth ninth tenth aunt may uncle ben rice appearance iron man captain marvel planet america DC batman superman star wars toys game x-factor deadpool fantastic four avengers iceman beast cyclops professor x magneto comiccon cosplay scorpion venom rhino electro hobgolin green goblin vulture doctor octopus lizard jackal black cat web of kingpin new rare bishop vs days of future past memorabilia double cover misprint mistake

Edited by kav

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45,860 posts
Just now, kav said:

Well the rarest comic didnt sell so he's slashed price in 1/2!!!!

yeah no

 http://www.ebay.com/itm/172573300134?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Ifonlyihadtherarestcomicintheworldiwouldsellandbuycapsandknivesformycapsandknivescollection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45,825 posts
1 minute ago, oakman29 said:

Ifonlyihadtherarestcomicintheworldiwouldsellandbuycapsandknivesformycapsandknivescollection.

THIS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 posts

I get it.  I may have hyped it up a bit.  At least I got people interested in it - and look, you're still following and sharing/promoting it.  It is still a very, very rare comic.  How many double cover X-Men #1's do you really think are out there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45,860 posts
2 minutes ago, kav said:

THIS

Capswrecoolthatshyiwouldselltherarestcomicinthewoldtobuydaps,andknivestoobcauseilikeknivetoosotheycangoinmycapsandknivescollection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45,860 posts
3 minutes ago, spoonbowlcereal said:

I get it.  I may have hyped it up a bit.  At least I got people interested in it - and look, you're still following and sharing/promoting it.  It is still a very, very rare comic.  How many double cover X-Men #1's do you really think are out there?

Howmanyspoonbowlsofcerealarethere?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 posts

PS.  You're supposed to tag with relevant keywords it so that it's easy to find.  Not too many people go to eBay to search specifically for an X-Men #1 Double Cover.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45,825 posts
3 minutes ago, spoonbowlcereal said:

I get it.  I may have hyped it up a bit.  At least I got people interested in it - and look, you're still following and sharing/promoting it.  It is still a very, very rare comic.  How many double cover X-Men #1's do you really think are out there?

some advice-people are suspicious of ebayers selling high dollar comics when they have no history of selling comics.  There are a lot of scammers out there and we've seen it all.  Also posting 'Hey guys, I came across this video about an X-Men #1 comic that has a double cover misprint.  I never seen anything like this:'   makes you look fraudulent

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45,825 posts
5 minutes ago, spoonbowlcereal said:

PS.  You're supposed to tag with relevant keywords it so that it's easy to find.  Not too many people go to eBay to search specifically for an X-Men #1 Double Cover.

and how is peter parker bob barker DC batman etc etc etc 'relevant'?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45,860 posts
1 minute ago, kav said:

and how is peter parker bob barker DC batman etc etc etc 'relevant'?

I hear a song in that one.......:whistle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 posts
2 minutes ago, kav said:

some advice-people are suspicious of ebayers selling high dollar comics when they have no history of selling comics.  There are a lot of scammers out there and we've seen it all.  Also posting 'Hey guys, I came across this video about an X-Men #1 comic that has a double cover misprint.  I never seen anything like this:'   makes you look fraudulent

 

 

It's true.  I never have seen anything like it before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 posts
3 minutes ago, kav said:

some advice-people are suspicious of ebayers selling high dollar comics when they have no history of selling comics.  There are a lot of scammers out there and we've seen it all.  Also posting 'Hey guys, I came across this video about an X-Men #1 comic that has a double cover misprint.  I never seen anything like this:'   makes you look fraudulent

 

 

Got it.  I shouldn't sell it on my account because I don't have a history of selling comics.  Should I just go ahead and sell it on someone else's account?   Can I sell it on yours?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45,825 posts
2 minutes ago, spoonbowlcereal said:

It's true.  I never have seen anything like it before.

So you 'came across this video' that YOU MADE?

sure thing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45,860 posts
2 minutes ago, spoonbowlcereal said:

Got it.  I shouldn't sell it on my account because I don't have a history of selling comics.  Should I just go ahead and sell it on someone else's account?   Can I sell it on yours?

Don't get upset spoonful of sugar , your time will come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45,825 posts
5 minutes ago, spoonbowlcereal said:

Got it.  I shouldn't sell it on my account because I don't have a history of selling comics.  Should I just go ahead and sell it on someone else's account?   Can I sell it on yours?

I'm just telling you the reality of the situation.  People are suspicious of first time comic sellers selling high dollar books.  You may not be aware of it but there have been a huge number of fraudulent sellers on ebay trying to do this and we've exposed so many of them it gets boring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36,461 posts
23 minutes ago, spoonbowlcereal said:

 How many double cover X-Men #1's do you really think are out there?

Plenty.
xdc.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 posts
6 minutes ago, kav said:

I'm just telling you the reality of the situation.  People are suspicious of first time comic sellers selling high dollar books.  You may not be aware of it but there have been a huge number of fraudulent sellers on ebay trying to do this and we've exposed so many of them it gets boring.

It's absolutely legit.  2 Questions:

1. What can I do to prove to anyone that might be worried that it's not a legit comic and a legit seller?

2. Would it have sold for $10K+ if people weren't worried about a first time high dollar comic seller?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
1 1