World's rarest comic?
1 1

58 posts in this topic

45,363 posts
1 minute ago, spoonbowlcereal said:

It's absolutely legit.  2 Questions:

1. What can I do to prove to anyone that might be worried that it's not a legit comic and a legit seller?

2. Would it have sold for $10K+ if people weren't worried about a first time high dollar comic seller?

post a screen cap of the ebay you won this item message

probably not 10K but definitely first time sellers take a significant hit in bidding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,444 posts

Post a photo of you, the book, and today's newspaper. Like proof of life for a ransom demand.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45,363 posts
1 minute ago, Foley said:

Post a photo of you, the book, and today's newspaper. Like proof of life for a ransom demand.

 

no all that can be photoshopped

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,444 posts
Just now, kav said:

no all that can be photoshopped

I suppose. How about a photo of the book, yesterday's newspaper, and Scarlett Johansson naked? I'd settle for that. Still wouldn't buy it though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45,363 posts
Just now, Foley said:

I suppose. How about a photo of the book, yesterday's newspaper, and Scarlett Johansson naked? I'd settle for that. Still wouldn't buy it though.

How about the paper, scarlett johanssen, the book, a leprechaun and a piece of toast with the image of jesus?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,444 posts
1 minute ago, kav said:

How about the paper, scarlett johanssen, the book, a leprechaun and a piece of toast with the image of jesus?

^^ Leprechaun has to be nibbling on Scar... the toast though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45,363 posts
Just now, Foley said:

^^ Leprechaun has to be nibbling on Scar... the toast though.

well we wrapped this one up nicely

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45,363 posts
17 minutes ago, spoonbowlcereal said:

It's absolutely legit.  2 Questions:

1. What can I do to prove to anyone that might be worried that it's not a legit comic and a legit seller?

2. Would it have sold for $10K+ if people weren't worried about a first time high dollar comic seller?

Another thing you can do is consign it to My Comic Shop.  that would probably net you the most even with their fees.  They would love to have it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19,874 posts
2 hours ago, spoonbowlcereal said:

It's absolutely legit.  2 Questions:

1. What can I do to prove to anyone that might be worried that it's not a legit comic and a legit seller?

2. Would it have sold for $10K+ if people weren't worried about a first time high dollar comic seller?

1. Consign it to a comic book dealer to sell for you.

2. Not a chance.

Edited by mschmidt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,086 posts
3 hours ago, mschmidt said:

1. Consign it to a comic book dealer to sell for you.

2. Not a chance.

Take Michael's (mschmidt) advice.

I have learned over the years he is right 99.9% of the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45,363 posts
5 hours ago, spoonbowlcereal said:

 

 What can I do to prove to anyone that might be worried that it's not a legit comic and a legit seller?

 

Can you say how you acquired it since you were not the user with 336  feedback that purchased it on Jan 24?

Edited by kav

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 posts
2 minutes ago, kav said:

Can you say how you acquired it since you were not the user with 336  feedback that purchased it on Jan 24?

I am the user.  But I'm selling it under a different username.

Screen Shot 2017-01-23 at 4.28.01 PM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45,363 posts
1 minute ago, spoonbowlcereal said:

I am the user.  But I'm selling it under a different username.

Screen Shot 2017-01-23 at 4.28.01 PM.png

Good to hear.  I then advise you to sell under the rock and roll star account as you have a solid selling history there vs the one sale on the other account.  That will make a considerable difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45,363 posts

FYI members: I've thoroughly vetted this guy and he does indeed have the book.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,605 posts
6 hours ago, spoonbowlcereal said:

It's absolutely legit.  2 Questions:

1. What can I do to prove to anyone that might be worried that it's not a legit comic and a legit seller?

2. Would it have sold for $10K+ if people weren't worried about a first time high dollar comic seller?

If this is your book why did you post the video saying you found the video and had never heard of such an error?
Why did you name this thread the same thing as the video?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45,363 posts
11 minutes ago, Comicbookscalping said:

If this is your book why did you post the video saying you found the video and had never heard of such an error?
Why did you name this thread the same thing as the video?

He was just trying to drum up interest-a bit exuberant but the actual sale is legit.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,605 posts
1 minute ago, kav said:

He was just trying to drum up interest-a bit exuberant but the actual sale is legit.  

You do realize you were the only person questioning the sale right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45,363 posts
Just now, Comicbookscalping said:

You do realize you were the only person questioning the sale right?

yes.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
1 1