• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

World's rarest comic?

58 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, spoonbowlcereal said:

It's absolutely legit.  2 Questions:

1. What can I do to prove to anyone that might be worried that it's not a legit comic and a legit seller?

2. Would it have sold for $10K+ if people weren't worried about a first time high dollar comic seller?

post a screen cap of the ebay you won this item message

probably not 10K but definitely first time sellers take a significant hit in bidding.

1 minute ago, Foley said:

Post a photo of you, the book, and today's newspaper. Like proof of life for a ransom demand.

no all that can be photoshopped

Just now, Foley said:

I suppose. How about a photo of the book, yesterday's newspaper, and Scarlett Johansson naked? I'd settle for that. Still wouldn't buy it though.

How about the paper, scarlett johanssen, the book, a leprechaun and a piece of toast with the image of jesus?

Just now, Foley said:

^^ Leprechaun has to be nibbling on Scar... the toast though.

well we wrapped this one up nicely

17 minutes ago, spoonbowlcereal said:

1. What can I do to prove to anyone that might be worried that it's not a legit comic and a legit seller?

2. Would it have sold for $10K+ if people weren't worried about a first time high dollar comic seller?

Another thing you can do is consign it to My Comic Shop.  that would probably net you the most even with their fees.  They would love to have it.

2 hours ago, spoonbowlcereal said:

1. Consign it to a comic book dealer to sell for you.

2. Not a chance.

Edited by mschmidt

5 hours ago, spoonbowlcereal said:

What can I do to prove to anyone that might be worried that it's not a legit comic and a legit seller?

Can you say how you acquired it since you were not the user with 336  feedback that purchased it on Jan 24?

Edited by kav

1 minute ago, spoonbowlcereal said:

I am the user.  But I'm selling it under a different username.

Screen Shot 2017-01-23 at 4.28.01 PM.png

Good to hear.  I then advise you to sell under the rock and roll star account as you have a solid selling history there vs the one sale on the other account.  That will make a considerable difference.

FYI members: I've thoroughly vetted this guy and he does indeed have the book.

6 hours ago, spoonbowlcereal said:

If this is your book why did you post the video saying you found the video and had never heard of such an error?
Why did you name this thread the same thing as the video?

11 minutes ago, Comicbookscalping said:

If this is your book why did you post the video saying you found the video and had never heard of such an error?
Why did you name this thread the same thing as the video?

He was just trying to drum up interest-a bit exuberant but the actual sale is legit.  

Just now, Comicbookscalping said:

You do realize you were the only person questioning the sale right?

yes.