• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Doohickamabob's Golden-Age comics on eBay

2 posts in this topic

THIS MESSAGE'S STUFF IS DONE, BUT THE NEW STUFF IS IN THE REPLY BELOW, SO SCROLL DOWN...

I finally got off my lazy bum and listed some comics for auction on eBay. Most of these have 99-cent starting bids. Here is the link to all my eBay comic auctions. Auctions end Sunday night, March 12.

This week's auction emphasis includes romance/teen and horror.

Titles include Hedy De Vine (Hedy of Hollywood), Tessie the Typist, My Friend Irma, Gay Comics, Camp Comics (#1 and #2, a classic cover), Katy Keene #1, Suzie #51, Jetta (Dan DeCarlo), Torchy, Cinderella Love, It Rhymes With Lust (a Matt Baker masterpiece), Venus #18 (pre-code horror), Mystery Tales #40 (the comic from the "Lost" TV show), DC romance such as Girls' Romance, Popular Romance (the photo cover features "dollface dimples" herself, Alice Kelley), Uncanny Tales #17 (double cover), Worlds of Fear #10 (classic Norm Saunders eyeballs cover), and quite a bit more -- including original pin-ups, letters and other materials from the Katy Keene fan club.

Thanks for looking!

march5-1.jpg

march5-2.jpg

march5-3.jpg

Edited by Doohickamabob

I got a bunch more Golden Age comics up on eBay this week. The auctions end the evening of Sunday, March 19.

HERE IS THE LINK TO ALL MY AUCTIONS

Highlights include:

-- New Book of Comics #1 (first DC annual), 1936-1937

-- Mad #1 (CGC 5.0) -- first satire comic book, 1952

-- An Illustrated History of Heidi Saha (CGC 8.0) -- Warren magazine

-- Captain America #61 (incomplete)

-- Blonde Phantom #12 (#1) CGC 5.0, and Blonde Phantom #19

-- BATMAN #62 CGC 4.5 -- Catwoman's origin, and first revelation she is Selina Kyle; Also: 3-D Batman w/ glasses

-- Miss Fury #6

-- Space Detective #2

-- Exciting Comics #60 (CGC 5.0) and #62 -- both GGA covers by Alex "Xela" Schomburg

-- Sensation Comics #31 (WONDER WOMAN) CGC 7.0 which is the 2nd highest graded, and has a crazy SPANKING splash page

-- Crimes by Women #10

-- Buck Rogers #2 and #4

-- Moon Girl #5: First EC horror story, "Zombie Terror"!

Also: Fat & Slat, Blackstone the Magician, Shadow Comics, Jo-Jo, Dagar, Joe Palooka #23 CGC 9.4 (Near Mint File copy), Lady Luck #86 (#1), Herauts Fides book with French-Canadian "IS THIS TOMORROW?" comic, Green Mask, and a whole bunch of other stuff.

Thanks for looking! (P.S. There is more stuff listed than what's in this photo.)

ebay-mar12-19.jpg

Edited by Doohickamabob