• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Add Members Location Under Their Avatar In Posts

Question

This Change Requests proposes that we add each members location under their avatar as was the case on the previous boards. This helps the reader see where a member is posting from, and helps when they are non-US residents posting to a different time zone.

Currently, you have to access the profile in full to see it.

6 answers to this question

42 minutes ago, bababooey said:

I would suggest that the hover function be changed to reflect "location" rather than the now redundant start date. 

dog like sparky location change req.png

Notwithstanding my thoughts on the hover function, I could live with that albeit it would involve an extra click / action.

Why is the start date now redundant?

23 minutes ago, bababooey said:

It's redundant because it's no longer "revealed" by the hover, it's right under your avatar picture when you post.

Got ya, you're right. The reason I was puzzled is that it isn't there under your avatar when you're logged out, only when you're logged in. Which is odd?! I was logged out when I checked your reply.