• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I know what's missing: All the thread crapping and friendly banter and sales bumps
3 3

224 posts in this topic

Just now, jsilverjanet said:

Unfortunately it's been replaced by a lot of new posters who have zero personality 

I agree. Greggy will be along to like your post shortly. 

3 hours ago, The Resurrection said:

And I see Arch restored my custom title, all is good with the world. New boards, Old Boards. Look, the old boards died with Nik (RIP). He was truly the glue that bound so many of us together. People may not realize it, but the place splintered following the loss of one of the most amazing people I ever had the pleasure of meeting. Since then it has been, well.. different. And that is okay, because now we make them "our" boards again. Flame a Noob, start trouble because you want to, post Strawberry Shortcake pictures, call out thieves, and MAKE FRIENDS. These boards will always be awesome if you contribute in the proper spirit. I don't post here often, sometimes it doesn't feel the same. But I spent some of my roughest years here and had support of many solid people who are life long friends. Make CGC Chat Boards Great Again! It starts with you!

I really liked Nik, a lot. But for me the boards died before his passing. I was long gone when he died. My only regret in leaving when I did was not having more time around him.

3 hours ago, porcupine48 said:
5 hours ago, The Resurrection said:

You guys are silly. The old boards were awesome, and pressing is not restoration.  Also, Canada is not a real country @porcupine48

:censored:

Read a news article today about an Australian politician getting in trouble for being "an accidental Canadian." 

1 hour ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

You know what's missing from the new Boards?

People posting. The amount of posts and activity has dropped considerably.

yup but it's just your imagination, you'll be told there's just as much traffic as always

1 hour ago, OldGuy said:

I really liked Nik, a lot. But for me the boards died before his passing. I was long gone when he died. My only regret in leaving when I did was not having more time around him.

He was a great guy. And yea, you were already exiting when I was starting. I still miss seeing you tell people to go fist themselves.

2 hours ago, MediumLover said:

banangetsit2.gif

I think that used to be GACollectibles / Cretella's go to graemlin..., back when he had nads....,

Of course, I used to have nads at one time too...., :sorry:

16 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I think that used to be GACollectibles / Cretella's go to graemlin..., back when he had nads....,

Of course, I used to have nads at one time too...., :sorry:

I remember. lol

You're the reason I saved that banana.

What are you all going on about again?  I mean seriously, I stopped posting on the boards because I got all butt hurt about not being able to continue my mystery box sales.  I didn't FDQ out of here or anything like that, I just kind of quit posting.  I'm slowly starting to get interested enough to participate again just because I kind of miss it.  I've noticed a lot of people are gravitating to those Facebook groups for their comic buying and selling, but honestly people are getting scammed on Facebook left and right for like $20 transactions.  It's nuts!

Anyway, I'm just going to go through right this very minute and reply to a bunch of threads, why?  Because why the Hell not?

On 8/7/2017 at 4:57 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

You know what's missing from the new Boards?

People posting. The amount of posts and activity has dropped considerably.

It's been in decline since the removal of the babe test thread.

I stopped posting after the update since this place seems alien now.

They even took the little cake icon away for your birthday.

:/