• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Get Out by Jordan Peele

27 posts in this topic

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:57 PM, IntoAnother said:

Get Out comes out on Blu-Ray/DVD on May 23rd :headbang:

I really enjoyed it.

I could see where all the critical acclaim from.

I remember seeing "The Stepford Wives" on TV, before the TV movie sequel came out.

I remembered how scared I was at the end of the movie with Katherine Ross's big reveal, it was right up there with Norman's mother in the fruit cellar at the end of "Psycho."

I just watched this over the long weekend.

I thought it lived up to the hype.

Thoroughly enjoyable, makes me want to rewatch it for clues. 

I can't quite remember what else was good this year, but I think its the best movie I saw this year (to be fair I haven't seen some of the more indy/critically acclaimed movies).

Knew it was going to be like The Stepford Wives. But still had a huge amount of twists and turns to keep things fun and guessing until the end. Very happy they went with the ending and not the more predictable "ultra downer" ending. Wasn't an A+ movie like some seemed to suggest, but still very solid and fun. 

‘Get Out’s Jordan Peele Responds To Golden Globes Category

jordan-peele-2.jpg?w=446&h=299&crop=1

EXCLUSIVE: The decision by Jordan Peele, Blumhouse and Universal to submit their film Get Out in the Best Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy category at the Golden Globes this year has created many questions from his fanbase. Here, Peele explains why the decision was made:

"The most rewarding part of making “Get Out” is the conversations the film has inspired. When I originally heard the idea of placing it in the comedy category it didn’t register to me as an issue. I missed it. There’s no category for social thriller. So what? I moved on."

"I made this movie for the loyal black horror fans who have been underrepresented for years. When people began standing up for my voice, it meant a lot. 'Get Out' doesn’t just belong to me any more, now it belongs to everyone."

"The reason for the visceral response to this movie being called a comedy is that we are still living in a time in which African American cries for justice aren’t being taken seriously. It’s important to acknowledge that though there are funny moments, the systemic racism that the movie is about is very real. More than anything, it shows me that film can be a force for change. At the end of the day, call 'Get Out' horror, comedy, drama, action or documentary, I don’t care. Whatever you call it, just know it’s our truth."