• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Venom #150 1:2000 Variant

61 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, darkstar said:

Didn't you buy one of those Vader Down 1:4999 variants?

Yep sure did and thats why I think it's  OTT.  The value dropped as much as 50% in just a few months after slabs started popping up.  Had there been no Force Awakens hype who knows what would've happened.  That and my book came back a 9.6:boo::mad: 9.8 or bust...

Jerome

On 3/9/2017 at 1:53 PM, Lethal_Collector said:

Yep sure did and thats why I think it's  OTT.  The value dropped as much as 50% in just a few months after slabs started popping up.  Had there been no Force Awakens hype who knows what would've happened.  That and my book came back a 9.6:boo::mad: 9.8 or bust...

Jerome

The problem with this book is an early report from Bleeding Cool or Mile High Comics said only 12 copies existed and that proved to be far from the truth.  Buying a book on initial population estimates is a dangerous game IMHO.

http://swcomiccollector.blogspot.com/2015/11/speculation-spotlight-12-star-wars.html

Edited by rjrjr

17 hours ago, rjrjr said:

The problem with this book is an early report from Bleeding Cool or Mile High Comics said only 12 copies existed and that proved to be far from the truth.  Buying a book on initial population estimates is a dangerous game IMHO.

http://swcomiccollector.blogspot.com/2015/11/speculation-spotlight-12-star-wars.html

BC got something wrong? Say it isn't so!

:roflmao:

On 3/9/2017 at 3:53 PM, Lethal_Collector said:

Jerome

1 hour ago, Lethal_Collector said:

Don't quote me, but memory says the first ones sold for like 7K and then 5K IIRC.  Now it's down to about 3K.

Jerome

Yes, I had heard of sales that high, but GPA only lists it up to $3k for 9.8 and $5k for SS 9.8.

Still, anything over $1 is a good sale for that cover.

1 hour ago, SquareChaos said:

I didn't realize, but Tradd Moore is actually drawing (at least part of) this issue. I didn't care about this book at all, but now I'll at least take a look between the covers. The only question is, will I bother to read it? hm

It's got a Skottie Young Baby variant which is an automatic purchase for me. I usually read those before putting them in storage. Too bad Marvel got rid of the digital copy. That was my preferred method of reading so I didn't damage the comic too much due to handling. :eyeroll: