• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Venom #150 1:2000 Variant

61 posts in this topic

Not that i don't like a good variant, but why is legacy numbering on this so important? The 150 issues hasn't even one consecutive series... they were just like, we've made 150 venom books, lets just start at 150 and make it a big thing! Besides, wasn't the significant issue in #6 when Eddie became venom again?

12 hours ago, Gunnz said:

Not that i don't like a good variant, but why is legacy numbering on this so important? The 150 issues hasn't even one consecutive series... they were just like, we've made 150 venom books, lets just start at 150 and make it a big thing! Besides, wasn't the significant issue in #6 when Eddie became venom again?

Marvel marketing. Honestly, I find it largely pointless and makes following books harder in terms of back issues. On the Brubaker Cap America run, I was looking for issue #51 but no, apparently it jumps to #600. doh!

On 5/4/2017 at 8:40 AM, Kevin76 said:

I wouldn't waste my time and money on any variant cover, rather spend $4000+ on a silver age marvel book or a golden age Detective

I generally agree but think a variant sub-1000 copies signed has some staying power. I'm just not sure that the difference between 500, 250, or 25 copies in a run is that meaningful. And the signature turns it into an art print with a high floor.

I think there is a difference between 25-500, 750-1500, and 3000 in a run.

Ideal would be significant issue, good eye appeal, signed, sub-1500 copy run. In that order.

1 hour ago, freecharlie said:

Found the venom 150 I'll buy, I just have to get to megacon or hope I can find it on the bay. 

IMG_5309.JPG

I thought I saw this for sale today here on the boards in the Copper / Modern section.

See Beachbum's sale thread - https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/415006-beachbums-fan-expo-megacon-sales-thread-part-i-venom-150-mattina-batman-adventures-12/

Edited by SquareChaos
Added link

On 08/03/2017 at 1:10 PM, SquareChaos said:

At this point... I'm just :popcorn:

Someone will probably buy one, if there's anything I've learned by paying a little bit of attention to the rare variant market on this board, it is that someone always wants it.

BINGO!  

On 3/8/2017 at 0:34 PM, Jaydogrules said:

I'll never understand how so many people in this hobby seem utterly oblivious to the fact that collectors have collected comics based on cover art/artist alone for decades.  

-J.

4 hours ago, World Devourer said:

Amen to that brother. Now let's have a Neal Adams psalm.

Always: People have always collected comics based on the covers.

New: People have just recently begun to pay thousands of dollars for comics with said covers when they are (from this hobbies perspective) hot off the press. In fact, out of all of the classic covers of comicdom, the most expensive cover-based collectibles just so happen to be moderns.