• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Those Walmart DC Comics

75 posts in this topic

On 3/12/2017 at 4:25 AM, PatrickG said:

This one has a very noticeable difference to a point where the slab should have a different title. Figured photos were in order.

17103629_10100142968801748_512825881912146023_n.jpg

6093-large_default.jpg

17157769_10100142984505278_4523562196425232361_o.jpg

Well that's just annoying. The whole point of the title is for all 3 characters to shine and they re-branded it with the Bat. Come on wal-mart! 

the Marvel 3 packs are $9.98...unpleasant surprise when i went to check out...is the Suicide Squad the most 'desirable' 3 pack....No Super Sons unless they're buried inside the Superman 3 packs.

Edited by krighton

im not familiar with that spiderman cover at all, is that exclusive to the walmart 3 pack?   I don't see it as a variant cover that was released and would have just happened to be in the pack.

Edited by classicaaron

29 minutes ago, classicaaron said:

im not familiar with that spiderman cover at all, is that exclusive to the walmart 3 pack?   I don't see it as a variant cover that was released and would have just happened to be in the pack.

Yes.  I believe that this round of Marvel books contain a new or modified cover to other Marvel books.  My Walmart had 7 Marvel packs.  They include an exclusive cover apparently only available at Walmart and then two other "common" books.  In many cases, one of the common books was one of the recent True Believers $1 reprint.

Four of those seven are just a slightly modified cover to the original:

• Inhumans Prime #1
  • Secret Empire #0
  • X-Men Prime (2nd Series) #1
  • X-Men: Blue #1

By slightly modified, I mostly mean an updated UPC, a slightly changed color scheme and the inclusion of "variant edition."  Compare Inhumans (the original is on the right and the Walmart edition is on the left).

Inhumans.thumb.jpg.5051b5c40be9af94465a1191ccc8d647.jpg

But, three seem to have new covers not found elsewhere:

• All New Wolverine #19
  • The Amazing Spider-Man (current series) #26
  • Guardians of the Galaxy: Dream On #1

The Spider-Man is pictured in another post above.  Here are the Guardians and Wolverine covers:

1-A.thumb.jpg.c328f8ce47f7181669678831c1ac0122.jpg

And for what it's worth, I often find them in the trading card section near the cash registers at the front of the store.  As I've travelled, I have occasionally found them in the magazine section and sometimes even the toy section.  But more often then not, I find them by the trading cards.

3 hours ago, krighton said:

the Marvel 3 packs are $9.98...unpleasant surprise when i went to check out...is the Suicide Squad the most 'desirable' 3 pack....No Super Sons unless they're buried inside the Superman 3 packs.

$7.98 for me this morning in SC. Mine are always located on the front register lanes with the trading cards/gimmicks. The only one I picked up was the Wolverine.

21 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

Found squat at the super Wal-marts in the suburbs of Vancouver, BC. :sorry:

I don't think you'd find anything..... I think it's only available in the states 

21 hours ago, reinharc said:

Yes.  I believe that this round of Marvel books contain a new or modified cover to other Marvel books.  My Walmart had 7 Marvel packs.  They include an exclusive cover apparently only available at Walmart and then two other "common" books.  In many cases, one of the common books was one of the recent True Believers $1 reprint.

Four of those seven are just a slightly modified cover to the original:

• Inhumans Prime #1
  • Secret Empire #0
  • X-Men Prime (2nd Series) #1
  • X-Men: Blue #1

By slightly modified, I mostly mean an updated UPC, a slightly changed color scheme and the inclusion of "variant edition."  Compare Inhumans (the original is on the right and the Walmart edition is on the left).

Inhumans.thumb.jpg.5051b5c40be9af94465a1191ccc8d647.jpg

But, three seem to have new covers not found elsewhere:

• All New Wolverine #19
  • The Amazing Spider-Man (current series) #26
  • Guardians of the Galaxy: Dream On #1

The Spider-Man is pictured in another post above.  Here are the Guardians and Wolverine covers:

1-A.thumb.jpg.c328f8ce47f7181669678831c1ac0122.jpg

And for what it's worth, I often find them in the trading card section near the cash registers at the front of the store.  As I've travelled, I have occasionally found them in the magazine section and sometimes even the toy section.  But more often then not, I find them by the trading cards.

wow, thanks for the great info.  I will be on the hunt this weekend

went to a Wally World today sorta in the "Hood" and found these.  A whole bunch actually.  Bought quite a few packs and will go back for a few more.  Passed on the spider-man and all new wolvies but I guess that might have been a mistake.

I went to a different Walmart and found a Star Wars Rogue One pack, too.  This also appears to be a new cover not seen elsewhere.  So that's eight so far from this round of Marvel packs (see my above post for the other seven)...

1-I.jpg.3855ee8d2eaeda4c256dc536672ad383.jpg

Curious if anyone has found any more?  Unlike with the DC packs (which clearly showed all of them from that set), these Marvel packs don't indicate which ones were produced.

I went to 2 Walmarts on my travels today and only found one set, which I passed on. Champions. I got the initial New 52 ones from a Walmart near work and will hit that one on Tuesday.