• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Those Walmart DC Comics

75 posts in this topic

On 5/25/2017 at 6:49 PM, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

$7.98 for me this morning in SC. Mine are always located on the front register lanes with the trading cards/gimmicks. The only one I picked up was the Wolverine.

Same for me, this morning here in Columbia, SC... Just picked up the Wolverine, may go back and get the Rogue One, as well.

I bought one of those comic book 3 packs from Walmart a couple of months ago like back in February or March.  I bought a Batman 3 pack which was Rebirth Batman # 1, New 52 Batman and a Batman and Eternal spin off.

Then the rest of the comic packs at Walmart are pretty much the typical Rebirth stuff like Suicide Squad and some Marvel stuff like Champions # 1.

Pretty much the comic packs you will get at least 2 out of 3 good stuff at a good price of 5 bucks.

20 minutes ago, urrutiap said:

I bought one of those comic book 3 packs from Walmart a couple of months ago like back in February or March.  I bought a Batman 3 pack which was Rebirth Batman # 1, New 52 Batman and a Batman and Eternal spin off.

Then the rest of the comic packs at Walmart are pretty much the typical Rebirth stuff like Suicide Squad and some Marvel stuff like Champions # 1.

Pretty much the comic packs you will get at least 2 out of 3 good stuff at a good price of 5 bucks.

The Champions one, as well as all Marvel I thought, was 9.99 when I went to get it. I put it back...$5 yes, $10 no.

cray cray. I was going to a garage sale with comics listed (rained out) am saw a Walmart that I did not know existed. Went inside and low and behold there they were. So I bought some of the DC. There were also marvel and 2 Star Wars (Rogue One and Chewbacca). I may go back after checking ebay sales (I want to go buy a new grill anyway).

I took a photo of the prices and also the ones I purchased. Note Marvel @ $9.98

DA_6-5kXcAQ1DSJ.jpg

DA_6-7WXcAEiIdQ.jpg

The Marvel 3 packs they only cost 5 bucks at the Walmart that I go to.

I have a question though about the other comics.  What other comic issues are in the one with Champions # 1 and then for the DC stuff like the Supergirl, what other comics come with the Supergirl Rebirth issue? I assume it includes an issue of New 52 Supergirl?

If Walmart is selling those packs it should tell you something. They are quite a few copies.

The first time around they were pretty limited. This time around Ive seen them at every Walmart in my area.

And that's not a bad thing for the hobby if kids will read them. As its a large demographic to try to sell too. Resale wise I am passing. I am tempted by the X-23 cover though.

Edited by fastballspecial

Wow. I need that star wars book. I found the others today but no trace of that one.

the books inside have been pretty much junk but did pull an enchanted tiki room #3 1:10 variant. But not like anyone cares about those books but still better than a true believers wolverine i got in the other

9 minutes ago, classicaaron said:

Wow. I need that star wars book. I found the others today but no trace of that one.

the books inside have been pretty much junk but did pull an enchanted tiki room #3 1:10 variant. But not like anyone cares about those books but still better than a true believers wolverine i got in the other

there are two SW sets, Rogue One and Chewbacca. I passed on both but am rethinking it.

Also of note, it is wise to go ahead and remove these from those shrink-wrap tombs ASAP as the heat sealed seam indents the books.  I'm sure most boardies are aware of this but just a heads up.

On 5/25/2017 at 3:33 PM, krighton said:

the Marvel 3 packs are $9.98...unpleasant surprise when i went to check out...is the Suicide Squad the most 'desirable' 3 pack....No Super Sons unless they're buried inside the Superman 3 packs.

The insides of the packs are newsstand returns. Sometimes marked or damaged.

On 5/29/2017 at 10:55 AM, urrutiap said:

The Marvel 3 packs they only cost 5 bucks at the Walmart that I go to.

I have a question though about the other comics.  What other comic issues are in the one with Champions # 1 and then for the DC stuff like the Supergirl, what other comics come with the Supergirl Rebirth issue? I assume it includes an issue of New 52 Supergirl?

Found some at a walmart around town.  I don't know if it's consistent, but in the Spuergirl pack I picked up was a Harley Quinn 11 and Superman 34.

The DC packs aren't bad (has a backer board), but he marvel ones are in rough shape.  Picked up the Radioactive Spider Gwen, with a reprint of Wolverine Old Man Logan 1 and a Chewbacca.

No Super Sons. On the ad/backer board, there is no Super Sons pack shown.

I passed on Champions, Suicide Squad, and the Detective Comics one.  Should I go back?

Also, the Marvel ones were tagged at $9.98, but rang up at $5 even, same as DC.  Also oddly enough, it rang up as a 4 pack but had 3 comics.

Edited by SteppinRazor

In case it's helpful for others, there's a new set of DC editions at Walmart.  This round only has 8 different editions (the previous waves each had 10).

Scan_20170606.thumb.jpg.33d4d047c8fbf3624bfff07f0a2dbfae.jpg

There is also a "DC SHOWCASE EDITION" that collects a few of the Rebirth comics.  There are five covers.  I'm not sure if that book or any/all of the covers are exclusive to Walmart.  As of now, Walmart is the only place I've seen that compilation...

The new DC books are out. Lots of first issues of Rebirth arcs branded as #1s.

Injustice became "Injustice: Harley Quinn."

Justice League became "Batman and the Justice League".

No Supersons yet.

The display is now bigger and includes "Showcase Magazine", a magazine which reprints 5 DC books (almost at random, mostly Batman) for $9.99. Comes in 5 variant covers.

IMG_0961.JPG