• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Captain Marvel Adventures
1 1

100 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, N e r V said:

Seems a bit odd to note Dayton Ohio on the label? Is there some special interest expected because a story takes place there?

Interesting point.  I also own this "visit to St. Paul, MN" which also garners label mention. 

I'll bet Superman never found the time to visit Dayton and St. Paul!

img032.jpg

On 7/12/2019 at 8:36 AM, Robot Man said:

Is that really so rare? Granted, I have never searched for that particular issue but have owned 4 or 5 of them over the years. What makes that particular one so rare and desired? It certainly isn’t the cover...

It’s a popular cover. 

The CGC 6.0 Crowley just sold for 1k. Lower grade copies were probably selling a bit over market. Not sure if pricing has slowed down like it has on other books recently.

2 minutes ago, path4play said:

Interesting point.  I also own this "visit to St. Paul, MN" which also garners label mention. 

I'll bet Superman never found the time to visit Dayton and St. Paul!

img032.jpg

Those are fictional places in the DC universe..,:devil:

So, I continue to upgrade my existing Captain Marvel Adventures issues with higher graded CGC books or replacing ungraded lower grades with higher CGC graded books. I'm up to 105 CGC graded and 43 ungraded. Still looking for an affordable #18 and of course that ever elusive #1

Okay CGC world. I need help upgrading 5 issues. I need a Captain Marvel Adventures 136, 107, 98, 26 and 8. I am only interested in books already CGC graded and minimum grade of 5.0.

I recently sent another 18 issues to CGC for grading which will bring me to 144 CGC graded issues of this run. The ever elusive #1 still eludes me, mainly cause I just cannot afford it right now. 

My goal for 2021 is to have 100% full run of Captain Marvel Adventures all CGC graded. I have 3 submissions I have sent into CGC already. They seem to take up to 2 weeks from when the submissions are received at their facility before they list the submissions as being received. Then the extended wait time while they try to work through the back log of submissions. I would like to see the receipt of submission updated much sooner as that tells us that our books are not just floating around in a warehouse or mail room somewhere.

1 hour ago, snakepittcomics said:

My goal for 2021 is to have 100% full run of Captain Marvel Adventures all CGC graded. I have 3 submissions I have sent into CGC already. They seem to take up to 2 weeks from when the submissions are received at their facility before they list the submissions as being received. Then the extended wait time while they try to work through the back log of submissions. I would like to see the receipt of submission updated much sooner as that tells us that our books are not just floating around in a warehouse or mail room somewhere.

Great goal!

What tier did you submit? If you submit Walkthrough and Express, always make sure to write the abbreviations on the box you ship the comics in. They open those much sooner. If Standard, Economy or Modern, unfortunately yeah it's just a waiting game due to the back log. I don't mind it personally, but yeah would be nice to get them received sooner if possible.

39 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Great goal!

What tier did you submit? If you submit Walkthrough and Express, always make sure to write the abbreviations on the box you ship the comics in. They open those much sooner. If Standard, Economy or Modern, unfortunately yeah it's just a waiting game due to the back log. I don't mind it personally, but yeah would be nice to get them received sooner if possible.

I'm also good with the grading times. I just want confirmation that they have received the submissions. I know they were delivered due to the tracking information. But is seems to take up to 2 full weeks from when they receive the delivery to when they even acknowledge that they received anything.

1 hour ago, snakepittcomics said:

I'm also good with the grading times. I just want confirmation that they have received the submissions. I know they were delivered due to the tracking information. But is seems to take up to 2 full weeks from when they receive the delivery to when they even acknowledge that they received anything.

Yeah just the nature of the beast. I personally don’t mind the additional 1-2 week wait, but would be nice if it was faster 🤷‍♂️.