• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLONDE PHANTOMS!!! SOLD AND CLOSED
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Hey Folks, it's been a while and I thought I would test the waters here on the new forum with a couple nice books from the vault. -j

IN THIS THREAD: Two Blonde Phantoms (BOTH SOLD)

Why: (I'm selling them)
Gotta fund some recent purchases, so some of my favorite stuff has to go. So I'm happy to listen to offers, but with prices like these,  I wouldn't wait too long before pulling the trigger. ;)

How: (you can buy them)
First takeit (icon, words, implied meaning, wink, nudge[) posted publicly or privately wins over any PM negotiations that haven't been sealed with "it's a deal". Them's the rules.   

Who: (can't buy them)
No Shady characters please. This includes: Hall of Shamers, Probies, Intergalactic Dictators, or Chicago parking police (I'm flexible on that last one...)

When: (you pay, you get comics)
Shipping is $4 flat for any group of singles up to 7, $1/book thereafter.   First class shipping for up to 2 books, Media mail for 3 or more for all others. Priority (extra $5) & insurance optional as well. (about $5/book or bundle) Payment via Paypal only please. Int'l shipping will be actual cost. Returns accepted within 7 days of receipt of book.

THANKS!

Edited by Soft-Serve

Blonde Phantom #12  F+  $650

First Issue! - This one is a single staple book. Centerfold detached. Crease on cover is non-color breaking and highly pressable. Book is un-restored. Came (via another boardie) from Harley Yee a few years back for less than asking. Super-supple book, nice blacks. Buy it before I think twice... (note: scans are a bit dark: whites are whiter in-hand, especially the back)

Timely%20-%20Blonde%20Phantom%20012%201_

Timely%20-%20Blonde%20Phantom%20012%202_

Edited by Soft-Serve

Blonde Phantom #16  VF/VF+ $475

Cap & Bucky story, Kurtzman's "Hey Look". Off-White pages, apparent-VF/VF+, bought back in the day for the eye-appeal. This beauty (I think) has had some moderate cosmetic work done. A real stunner though. You won't regret the purchase. I'm hating selling this book. 

Notes:  I'm not an expert (I don't have a black light or anything like that), but will do my best to describe the restoration I suspect. By eye & upon close inspection, I can spot CT in the all-red area of the upper left corner on the spine, maybe a 1/4"x1/4" spot, and little spine tick CT under that. The color is very close, likely professionally-done. I only notice it under certain light. There also might be possible leaf casting to replace the back corners, but I can't say for sure. It is very small and almost invisible. Likely if the seller who sold this book to me hadn't mentioned it, I wouldn't have noticed. The staples are shiny, but I can't detect that they've been cleaned or replaced as there are no stains, extra holes, or rogue indentations to indicate that. The book is very crisp and flat, so likely pressed, but that is no surprise these days. I don't see any evidence of a weakened spine or staple area. There are a few interior page tears that have been sealed, but some that haven't (nothing worth mentioning). To my eye it hasn't been trimmed based on some features on the edge of the interior paper (usually everything is crisp and fresh what that has happened). Again, not an expert, but whoever did the work was one, and that is a plus in my book. No sloppy Sharpie or white-out marks, scotch tape, or extra staples. Museum quality stuff here. Actually, this was the book that got me into restored books. When I saw how great they could be, I looked for more. Based on several copies of early Planet restorations I own, this one is possibly done by the famous conservator Susan Cicconi. A big plus in my book, but I can't confirm it. 

I will say that this book is stunning irregardless of restoration. When I bought it I fell in love with its beauty and stability. The book is very study and is highly stable to handle. Colors are bright and for many years it has been one of my top 10 books. Because of a big purchase coming down the pike for me,  I am forced to sell it.  Just one of those books that if I get not takers, won't be sad that I get to keep it. 

Timely%20-%20Blonde%20Phantom%20016%201_

Timely%20-%20Blonde%20Phantom%20016%202_