• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,155 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, grebal said:

Oh sounds like "o" and is more of a letter than a word.   Youz English.  In 'merica that's just two words.  Just saying.   ; ) 

spkyrll.gif.a23ff7500abf2e1b0aa5f906973b06a9.gif

16 hours ago, ChiSoxFan said:

I'd be embarassed if I posted that as a seller. :facepalm:

If you're going to run a sales thread here, there are expectations of you as a seller.  Clear terms of sale.  Scans, preferably back and front covers of books that are at certain  price levels, or if you're going to take a picture, you better make it as clear as possible.  Somewhat accurate grading.  Keeping up with the thread, updating it as necessary (and providing a recap whenever possible to avoid confusion).  Good communication and timely, careful shipping.  And appreciation for the fact that you have a fee-free forum to post your wares in, rather than having to go onto eBay.

Dale Roberts has run some monster sales threads over the years, and he's managed to do all of that without issue, and he's not the only one who's done the same.  If you can't manage all of the above, then it's a reflection on you as a seller, not on people who expect you to do the work if you want your thread to be successful.

I buy from a lot of people on here -- and there are some I wouldn't buy from under any circumstance.  With that type of atttitude (as just one thing), it makes it easy for me to choose the latter.  And Hector's right -- there was a time when someone who posted something like that would have been absolutely raked over the coals.  But, as other have said -- cool books. (shrug)

I'd agree that best practice is to do all of the things you list but if a seller doesn't want to, and it's not part of the requirements to sell here, it's up to him.  It's up to buyers to vote with their wallets and clearly he is selling.

I do find SB's post very hostile and that would end all interest I would have in the sale.

2 hours ago, DR.X said:

So the guy tries to help out a fellow boardie and gets roasted. Nice. And the seller puts in this little tidbit,  Just terrifying. lol

"If anyone complains again about anything I'm doing or not doing you will be banned from my thread and I will not sell to you for a year. "

Aren't threats wonderful? lol 

Just to clarify (since I’ve had a few friends contact me) that post with the rant is not me. I didn’t quote him directly as I know he had a personal issue with me and wanted to avoid it be an me vs him (solarboy)

Edited by jsilverjanet