• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,148 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Point Five said:

OP said the book was sold before thread got locked? Yikes... I would definitely save the receipt on that one.

Don't the FS threads get automatically locked, when it says "Closed" in the subject?

1 hour ago, comicdonna said:

Don't the FS threads get automatically locked, when it says "Closed" in the subject?

Oh yep, you are right Mike. But quite a sea of red flags here. The GPA thing particularly damning.

Why do people who have been here "almost a year" think a good first post would be a sale for an expensive book? 

It always boggles my mind. Seems to know about the probation thread...so he must know about this thread.  Not even a post on the noobie thread...nada...

As for the ASM 1, if you guys don't think the seller is truthful about the book, why would you think he's been truthful about a sale?

In any case, Happy Holidays everyone:) 

13 hours ago, Point Five said:

Oh yep, you are right Mike. But quite a sea of red flags here. The GPA thing particularly damning.

Thread is unlocked.  The buyer changed his mind.  I wonder why?    lol

So the seller is apparently willing to ship the book and sell it at a loss, but still can't explain where he bought it in the summer or how it listed as a September 2017 sale in GPA.

Maybe the more concerning scenario at this point is that he does indeed own the book, but it is stolen property?

Edited by Point Five

So let’s say he actually has the book. He is still willing to sell it to anyone for half the price, ship it to another country and get paid later? Even though there is a long time boardie offering way more? It’s like he doesn’t care about the value or how much he can get for it. To me that’s just odd. It reminds me of a guy willing to sell a Rolex for $500 because he doesn’t care about the value because they have nothing invested in it if you know what I mean.

Edited by CAHokie

Another new sales thread here:

A new seller I'm not familiar with, a join date in September, a deal that looks well under GPA, and no PayPal protection, but payment in Bitcoin and Ripple.

Ripple -- isn't that what Fred Sanford used to drink? ???

Maybe it's something about the holidays that brings out these "unusual" sales threads ...

I think it was sold to the guy named Greg that was defending him. Obviously less money is not that big a deal for the seller and the buyer doesn’t want third party help.

Kool Books always beats common sense (assuming it’s a real purchase in the first place).

1 hour ago, CAHokie said:

I think it was sold to the guy named Greg that was defending him. Obviously less money is not that big a deal for the seller and the buyer doesn’t want third party help.

Kool Books always beats common sense (assuming it’s a real purchase in the first place).

TC33 said the seller agreed to ship to him but then the seller sells to Greg.  So many red flags but hopefully it turns out to be legit.

5 hours ago, ChiSoxFan said:

Another new sales thread here:

A new seller I'm not familiar with, a join date in September, a deal that looks well under GPA, and no PayPal protection, but payment in Bitcoin and Ripple.

Ripple -- isn't that what Fred Sanford used to drink? ???

Maybe it's something about the holidays that brings out these "unusual" sales threads ...

hm My back yard.  

He says he has 167,000 feedbacks on eBay, but  I'm guessing it's probably not in comics.

"

On 10/3/2017 at 12:11 PM, skrank said:

Are you implying you would cut out the areas with glue to avoid a restored grade??  :whatthe:

I am new to comics and educating myself on grading. I had one of the websites that does comic restoration recommend it. Judging by your response you don't agree.

39 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

He says he has 167,000 feedbacks on eBay, but  I'm guessing it's probably not in comics.

"

On 10/3/2017 at 12:11 PM, skrank said:

Are you implying you would cut out the areas with glue to avoid a restored grade??  :whatthe:

I am new to comics and educating myself on grading. I had one of the websites that does comic restoration recommend it. Judging by your response you don't agree.

He was posting some major SA keys in another thread and did post in the PGM for a few and showed SS of the CGC invoice status with grades.  I think he did sub those books but the payment requirement is certainly odd.

Re: the asm 1, unless he’s desperate for cash today, Why not send to an auction house? Even w fees, taxes, and translation, shipping, he would still net more than $1900

4 hours ago, MustEatBrains said:

He was posting some major SA keys in another thread and did post in the PGM for a few and showed SS of the CGC invoice status with grades.  I think he did sub those books but the payment requirement is certainly odd.

I'm guessing he's a different type of dealer (coins, stamps, autographs, or most likely baseball cards) and he did a trade and ended up with  the books and is now trying to sell..

Wow-I cant believe how dead it is around the boards! :| 

Just realized I responded in the misc sales thread to a post from last month in the top ten threads! :flamed:

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a very happy holiday!!

:banana: Chris

4 minutes ago, dudeman5000 said:

Wow-I cant believe how dead it is around the boards! :| 

Just realized I responded in the misc sales thread to a post from last month in the top ten threads! :flamed:

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a very happy holiday!!

:banana: Chris

I couldn’t agree more.
And not only the sales thread… There is very little rich discussion going on in the specific areas too. Unless it’s a showing of books, I really miss the years when I joined, when I learned so much about the Golden Age here.

Edited by vaillant

Another entitled seller looking to sell a Hero for Hire #1 for $2,500 wants buyers to add 5% if paid by PayPal and if you return the book the buyer has to pay a 5% restocking fee. doh!

This is getting to be ridiculous.  CGC should suspend the sales area or make legitimate sellers pay a fee to sell here.

It would weed out so many of these clowns.

Edited by Red_Hood