• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,155 posts in this topic

On April 16, 2018 at 12:44 PM, 1Cool said:

Did someone just qualify a book with a cover crease??  You can Q a book for a staple pop or maybe a missing stamp but a cover crease really should be included in the grade.

You can qualify anything, especially if you cannot grade.  

2 hours ago, lizards2 said:
On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 3:44 PM, 1Cool said:

Did someone just qualify a book with a cover crease??  You can Q a book for a staple pop or maybe a missing stamp but a cover crease really should be included in the grade.

You can qualify anything, especially if you cannot grade.  

All my books from now on will be Qualified 10's

I was wondering what people thought of Bedrocks terms for his Okajima thread. I dont think I've seen them here before (or so rarely they dont come to mind). Maybe remember someone offering value difference refund if books came back lower, but never "give me 1/2 if it comes back higher" terms. I also asked if resubmission was a requirement for purchase (again, a condition I dont think I've ever seen before)... 

thoughts? 

I'm fine with the use of those terms. Nothing wrong with making things symmetric, in principle - surprised it's not done more often...perhaps it should be! Relatedly, I've done a private deal on a book where another copy of the book was on auction, with lots of time still left. We agreed on a tentative price, and added a symmetric contingency based on the hammer price of the auction book...i.e., I'll pay more (less) % if the auction copy ultimately closes above (below) some threshold values. Nothing wrong with a little innovation in deal structures.

Edited by EC ed

Someone is trying to sell GA Batman, Detective Comics, Fighting Yank etc at "I don't want to sell it" prices.

Why bother ... not even close to FMV and on a site that you don't pay commission fees.  Good luck (thumbsu

What is the acceptable time frame for moving on if a buyer does not respond to PM messages.  On Ebay I usually give the buyer a week to either pay or contact me or else the book goes back up for sale.  Is there an agreed on time on the boards?

11 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

What is the acceptable time frame for moving on if a buyer does not respond to PM messages.  On Ebay I usually give the buyer a week to either pay or contact me or else the book goes back up for sale.  Is there an agreed on time on the boards?

Has the buyer been on the board since you started pming him/her?

That's the first thing I look at, maybe they are away.

I’m not too worried about this buyer since it looks like he just visited so he may be in the process of responding to my PMs.  But for future reference - is there a time limit set?  Is it the1 month until the PL list?

7 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

I’m not too worried about this buyer since it looks like he just visited so he may be in the process of responding to my PMs.  But for future reference - is there a time limit set?  Is it the1 month until the PL list?

Your best bet would be to add a stipulation to your rules about an acceptable amount of time to pay or it goes back up for sale.

16 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

1 month is for the probation list, unless as Pitboss suggested, you put something in your thread.

He just paid after being away for awhile because he had a baby.  Congrats!

I wasn’t at the worried stage yet but went looking for a time length and couldn’t find anything in writing.  I’ll probably add some verbiage in the next sales thread since waiting a month to get paid on a big book would stink.  I’d think a payment within 2 weeks seems fair unless an agreement is reached.

4 hours ago, 1Cool said:

He just paid after being away for awhile because he had a baby.  Congrats!

I wasn’t at the worried stage yet but went looking for a time length and couldn’t find anything in writing.  I’ll probably add some verbiage in the next sales thread since waiting a month to get paid on a big book would stink.  I’d think a payment within 2 weeks seems fair unless an agreement is reached.

That's nice news, and I agree with the time requirement, I just rarely remember to write it in. I've only had problems a few times, it's very rare and when it happens, it's usually a probation kind of thing.

On 5/20/2018 at 5:26 PM, Red_Hood said:

Someone is trying to sell GA Batman, Detective Comics, Fighting Yank etc at "I don't want to sell it" prices.

Why bother ... not even close to FMV and on a site that you don't pay commission fees.  Good luck (thumbsu

A lot of times prices realized on big GA books are more related to availability than FMV.  If somebody wants a copy now, and there's only one for sale, you kind of set your own market.  (shrug)