• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,155 posts in this topic

I got it for a  good price when I bought it on eBay years ago, so I just wanted list it at a fair price...someone on the original thread offered him $100 more for the book right then, I told him to take it. 

Chis seems like a good kid, and I know he's had family issues, so I don't want to give him a super hard time, but it's nice to at least ask someone before copying their work.

8 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I got it for a  good price when I bought it on eBay years ago, so I just wanted list it at a fair price...someone on the original thread offered him $100 more for the book right then, I told him to take it. 

Chis seems like a good kid, and I know he's had family issues, so I don't want to give him a super hard time, but it's nice to at least ask someone before copying their work.

sorry, but no one should copy someone else's stuff.

For those who don’t know, Chris recently lost his father, so I’d take it a little easy on him. Without a doubt he should have never lifted the pictures or the verbiage etc. his recent tragedy isn’t an excuse for his mistake, I just ask that we ease up on the making fun of him part. Damage is done. 

I was under the impression he was a young kid, but according to his profile, he's in his 40's, old enough to know better.  I have not seen anything about him losing his father recently, and I'm sorry if that happened, but you are right, that doesn't change the fact that he did something that was not terribly nice. It also doesn't change the fact that he's been on the boards, but never answered the pm I sent him before I posted anything.

I'm also more cautious since we were treated to the presence of GI Joe. Unless I or someone I trust has met the person in person, I'm not quite as trusting as I once was.

7 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

For those who don’t know, Chris recently lost his father, so I’d take it a little easy on him. Without a doubt he should have never lifted the pictures or the verbiage etc. his recent tragedy isn’t an excuse for his mistake, I just ask that we ease up on the making fun of him part. Damage is done. 

If its no excuse for him why are you making excuses for him. One thing has nothing to do with the other.

Edited by DR.X

1 hour ago, DR.X said:

If its no excuse for him why are you making excuses for him. One thing has nothing to do with the other.

I'm not, I'm just asking for this time not to press the pedal to the metal on meme's gifs and smart remarks.

1 hour ago, DR.X said:

I just ask that we ease up on the making fun of him part. Damage is done. 

I quoted this again so you didn't miss the key part of my post. He's closed the thread and asked for his account to be deleted etc.

Just now, jsilverjanet said:

Way to go boards!

The "boards"  did nothing wrong here.  All he had to do was use his own pics and text.  Heck, Sharon sent him a PM about it.  He didn't reply so, she posted in the thread, asking him to change the text/pics.  If he would have answered her PM, a of this could have been avoided.

Just now, comicdonna said:

The "boards"  did nothing wrong here.  All he had to do was use his own pics and text.  Heck, Sharon sent him a PM about it.  He didn't reply so, she posted in the thread, asking him to change the text/pics.  If he would have answered her PM, a of this could have been avoided.

I'm being sarcastic.

25 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

I'll just shut up now and look pretty. I'd hate to get black balled further

It's difficult for me to reconcile you being so sympathetic when a while ago you were urging me not to run a charity thread for a boarder who verifiably needed a heart transplant, because you didn't enjoy the person's method of posting. I've avoided discussions with you ever since, but I'm answering now, because you keep posting.

As Mike said, I wrote to Chris, all he had to do was answer. Chances were that if he told me his problems, I would have helped him. He however, chose not to answer me for some reason (we did not have an adversarial relationship). 

Someone on the thread chastised me for not being flattered that my text and pictures were used. It's kind of like when I'd write term papers and people wanted to "borrow them".  I spent a lot of time writing up that thread, something less and less people seem to do around here. That was my time, my pictures, it would have been nice to have been asked, or at least after the fact to get a response so that I could help him correct what was written. Instead the pm was read and ignored.

I'm still not sure what his family situation is/is not, not sure if he's in his 20's or born in 1976 as his profile states.  There seems to be some inconsistency, in any case, I wish him and his family well.

Edited by skypinkblu
needed commas

25 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

No, you were not being sarcastic.  You were blaming us.  

I wasn't. you can believe what you want, he made the post, he made the mistake, he choose to ask the mods to delete his account. I don't see how that's the boards fault. Again you and anyone else can believe what you want to believe.

15 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

It's difficult for me to reconcile you being so sympathetic when a while ago you were urging me not to run a charity thread for a boarder who verifiably needed a heart transplant because you didn't enjoy the person's method of posting. I've avoided discussions with you ever since, but I'm answering now, because you keep posting.

As Mike said, I wrote to Chris, all he had to do was answer. Chances were that if he told me his problems, I would have helped him. He however, chose not to answer me for some reason (we did not have an adversarial relationship). 

Someone on the thread chastised me for not being flattered that my text and pictures were used. It's kind of like when I'd write term papers and people wanted to "borrow them".  I spent a lot of time writing up that thread. Something less and less people seem to do around here. That was my time, my pictures, it would have been nice to have been asked, or at least after the fact to get a response so that I could help him correct what was written. Instead the pm was read and ignored.

I'm still not sure what his family situation is/is not, not sure if he's in his 20's or born in 1976 as his profile states.  There seems to be some inconsistency, in any case, I wish him and his family well.

that board member was a jerk to me and to some of my friends. that's the difference. Just like you gave your opinion on SolarBoy's sales thread 6 months ago, I'm giving additional information on comicsyte95. We disagreed on solarboy and we disagree here. But it's nice to know why you avoid discussions with me. Thank you for that clarification. I won't PM you anymore so you don't have to worry about that.

Chris is older, suffers from parkinsons and his father passed away. This is what he's shared with me and a few other boardies. I never said you did anything wrong, I just wanted to give you a heads up about him in the PM i sent to you. again I'll repeat myself here and in the thread. He shouldn't have used your pics, your text, it was poor, lazy and not excusable. All