• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,155 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Patriot6 said:

Likely to be spoonier. Who in their right mind would give someone that comports themselves in that fashion after a few posts here that kind of $$? 

Cool books!

51 minutes ago, Columbia Comics said:

Question:

What’s the general consensus when a seller lists a “deslabbed” CGC book but says they’ve lost the label?

Would you take their word that the book was actually graded the grade they say it was?  Should they post it in the PGM thread to get a better idea....?

Curious 

For me, it would depend on the seller, Brock.  If they are trying to quote GPA prices though for a now raw book, that is a pet peeve of mine.  They can price it at whatever they want but don't use apples to oranges comparison data.

Edit addition - I did buy a deslabbed book recently (label present) and did ask the seller for more pics and also if they thought the book had suffered degradation or damage to lower the grade since being deslabbed.  I judged the grade based on what I saw in the pics but again a bit different a the label present at least.

Edited by telerites

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 10:42 AM, Columbia Comics said:

Question:

What’s the general consensus when a seller lists a “deslabbed” CGC book but says they’ve lost the label?

Would you take their word that the book was actually graded the grade they say it was?  Should they post it in the PGM thread to get a better idea....?

Curious 

It would depend on who it is for me..... I would be inclined to believe you, for example ….. but I would still look at the book for my final decision, but I do that even when the book is still IN the slab. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Posting books and alluding to them having come from CBCS slabs ain't great in my book. It's a means of saying, "Hey, this has been professionally certified, but it's not in that slab so no worries about the whole no-voldy slabs rule." It's adding some authenticity to your advertised grade and trying to side-step the CGC's quite reasonable rules about the issue.

If someone can produce a CGC label to go with an unslabbed book, that's totally fine. If the label is gone, I'm not really interested in what someone says about its former status.

I've been bit by the GA bug. So now I seem to spend all day on the G/S/B sales section and I gotta tell you I am learning constantly. About the books and about the market/sellers. It is like the Wild West out there. Crazy/misleading GPA quotes and confusing sales threads unlike I ever saw in Copper/Modern! Learning about the dealers/sellers seems to be the most important information I can get as the price ranges on GA books are much larger than I am used to. Lots of new variables for me to ascertain. But it sure is fun...from Archie's Girls to Planet Comics to Captain Marvel Jr., stuff that really pops me right in the face with its' awesomeness.

2 minutes ago, Bird said:

I've been bit by the GA bug. So now I seem to spend all day on the G/S/B sales section and I gotta tell you I am learning constantly. About the books and about the market/sellers. It is like the Wild West out there. Crazy/misleading GPA quotes and confusing sales threads unlike I ever saw in Copper/Modern! Learning about the dealers/sellers seems to be the most important information I can get as the price ranges on GA books are much larger than I am used to. Lots of new variables for me to ascertain. But it sure is fun...from Archie's Girls to Planet Comics to Captain Marvel Jr., stuff that really pops me right in the face with its' awesomeness.

Once you're bit by the GA bug, you'll never go back.  Welcome to best era EVER! :D

8 minutes ago, Bird said:

GA pricing is wildly fluid and often arbitrary. There's a lot of passing of hot potatoes. 

26 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

GA pricing is wildly fluid and often arbitrary. There's a lot of passing of hot potatoes. 

I can believe it! One book I was interested in was on gpa and that would be a nice flip for a two-year hold should it get sold (exact same book). Then again, that is always the case to some degree or another so I can live with it but I had to slow my roll a bit despite having cash money to spend. I am having fun and my eyes are wide open so no problems here. Just some shock and awe!

19 hours ago, comicdonna said:

I have clicked on 2 FS threads today.  There was threadcrapping in both.  

30 minutes ago, NP_Gresham said:

The 1 post newb thread krapper just gave me the •••• off in a PM

:x

That's rude.  Especially on a Sunday morning.